Optimum Display Resolution (to CRT Television over S-Video)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by M, Dec 1, 2007.

  1. M

    M Guest

    Country: Uk
    VIDEO CARD: INNO3d NVIDIA GEFORCE 7300GS GRAPHICS CARD (256Mb)
    CPU: PENTIUM D915 2.8Ghz (dual core)
    RAM: 2Gb DDR2 6400
    MOTHERBOARD: ASUS P5W DH DELUXE DIGITAL HOME ATX
    PRIMARY DISPLAY: SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER 205BW 20.1" TFT-LCD MONITOR (over
    DVI)
    SECONDARY DISPLAY: STANDARD CRT TELEVISION (over S-Video)
    HARD DRIVE: SAMSUNG SPINPOINT P120S (SP2504C) 250Gb SATA II
    DVB-T TV CARD: PINNACLE PCTV DBV-T PRO TV TUNER

    I record and playback freeview (Uk) digital television (DVB-T) using
    the Pinnacle card.

    I playback recorded Tv to a standard CRT television (as the secondary
    display) over an S-Video cable from the Inno3d Graphics card.

    What is the best display resolution setting for the CRT television for
    best picture quality of a DVB-T broadcast? currently the graphics card
    for this display is configured for "I/PAL" and the resolution is set
    1024x768 (the other options are 960/600 or 800x600)?

    Incidentally, the resolution for the Samsung TFT display (which I use
    as the primary display, not for watching recorded Tv) is set for the
    native resolution of 1680x1050.

    Thanks
    Mark

    M, Dec 1, 2007

  2. M

    ded Guest

    "M" <> wrote in message
    > Country: Uk
    > VIDEO CARD: INNO3d NVIDIA GEFORCE 7300GS GRAPHICS CARD (256Mb)
    > CPU: PENTIUM D915 2.8Ghz (dual core)
    > RAM: 2Gb DDR2 6400
    > MOTHERBOARD: ASUS P5W DH DELUXE DIGITAL HOME ATX
    > PRIMARY DISPLAY: SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER 205BW 20.1" TFT-LCD MONITOR (over
    > DVI)
    > SECONDARY DISPLAY: STANDARD CRT TELEVISION (over S-Video)
    > HARD DRIVE: SAMSUNG SPINPOINT P120S (SP2504C) 250Gb SATA II
    > DVB-T TV CARD: PINNACLE PCTV DBV-T PRO TV TUNER
    >
    > I record and playback freeview (Uk) digital television (DVB-T) using
    > the Pinnacle card.
    >
    > I playback recorded Tv to a standard CRT television (as the secondary
    > display) over an S-Video cable from the Inno3d Graphics card.
    >
    > What is the best display resolution setting for the CRT television for
    > best picture quality of a DVB-T broadcast? currently the graphics card
    > for this display is configured for "I/PAL" and the resolution is set
    > 1024x768 (the other options are 960/600 or 800x600)?
    >
    > Incidentally, the resolution for the Samsung TFT display (which I use
    > as the primary display, not for watching recorded Tv) is set for the
    > native resolution of 1680x1050.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Mark

    800x600 is the only one that will work via S-Video, but you have
    nothing to lose also trying 960x600

    ded, Dec 1, 2007

  3. M

    JANA Guest

    For regular TV sets, 800 X 600 is the optimum.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Dec 1, 2007