    to replace my aging Pentium 4 and want to optimize current DVD
    duplication and possible BluRay when media prices become more
    reasonable. TIA.
    Richard Cranium, Mar 14, 2009

  2. On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 03:47:52 -0700, Bart!

    Suck my greasy ****-stick after I pound your mothers ass, dipshit.
    Richard Cranium, Mar 14, 2009

  3. Richard Cranium

    PapaBear Guest

    "Richard Cranium" <> wrote in message
    > What are the key PC components for copying DVDs using software like
    > DVDFab or any similar product?
    >
    > Is the #1 impact item the CPU, memory, HDD speed? I'm getting ready
    > to replace my aging Pentium 4 and want to optimize current DVD
    > duplication and possible BluRay when media prices become more
    > reasonable. TIA.

    The same considerations apply as for burning any optical disc. The main
    problem with DVD writing seems to be errors caused by multitasking, so
    presumably a fast multiprocessor core helps. I also suggest the faster SATA
    interface that comes with most new computers, rather than the older EIDE.
    Selection of optical drives makes a difference, and I prefer to have at
    least two different models connected and available. I use LG and Lite-On.
    Lite-On's are ordinarily good for fast reading but may crap out with CRC
    errors if the disc is marginal (warped, scratched, etc). LG's are slower
    readers of video discs (unless you install a special firmware patch) but
    better for reading marginal discs, often completing the task where Lite-On
    failed. Software is a factor. There are several possible choices for
    reading/ripping if the disc is protected. I prefer ImgBurn for burning.
    --
    PB
    PapaBear, Mar 15, 2009
  4. On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 12:42:27 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> wrote:

    >"Bart!" farted:
    >
    >> On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 00:38:50 GMT, (Richard Cranium)
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>What are the key PC components for copying DVDs using software like
    >>>DVDFab or any similar product?
    >>>
    >>>Is the #1 impact item the CPU, memory, HDD speed? I'm getting ready
    >>>to replace my aging Pentium 4 and want to optimize current DVD
    >>>duplication and possible BluRay when media prices become more
    >>>reasonable. TIA.

    >> **** you, pirate boy.

    >Um, you sure this guy is "pirating dvds? Maybe the guy just wants to
    >duplicate his dvds for viewing on portables.
    >
    >Surely you remember posting this:
    >
    >" Yes, I did. I have made files from my DVD and watched it on other than
    >a player from the original source before, and deleted the file the next
    >day. I have no other obligation. I paid for a license to privately view
    >the film data. Once I paid that (sometimes many times over), I can view
    >the movie in whatever format I wish.
    >
    > I have also made files for my PSP from that file, and since I do own
    >the DVD (rights), I have also downloaded files of films I own a copy of,
    >as opposed to transcoding it myself. I can then convert it to any format
    >or file size I want. My PSP currently has 3 movies on the memory stick,
    >and that will change when I get my 16GB stick. I am also looking into
    >burning the mini-discs 'UMD' sized discs with files and see if it 'sees'
    >them. Watching movies on the bus with good sealing ear buds rules!"
    >
    >You seem to have forgotten the hundred plus post thread when you were using
    >your latest goofy screen name "Archimedes' Lever" in this newsgroup from
    >last month where you went to great lengths defending copying dvds, etc.
    >
    >T.B.

    The really funny part is the stupid question about what affects the
    task. The idiot doesn't even know where data or processing bottlenecks
    are in a system, and thinks that he suddenly will understand it all if
    someone would just tell him once.

    "Is it the hard drive?"

    Sheesh! Give me a break. If his CRANIUM wasn't so THICK, his brain
    might actually weigh more than a few grams.
    Archimedes' Lever, Mar 15, 2009
  5. On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 10:06:45 -0700, Bart! <Bart the Fart> pulled his
    tongue out from his daddys asshole for a brief minute to spew some
    drivel:

    >On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 12:42:27 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>"Bart!" farted:

    >>> **** you, pirate boy.

    >>Um, you sure this guy is "pirating dvds?

    > Yes. I am psychic.
    >
    >> Maybe the guy just wants to
    >>duplicate his dvds for viewing on portables.

    > Except for the remark about doing it with BluRay, which he doesn't even
    >own.

    How the **** do you know he doesn't own a BluRay player? You need to
    stop jerking off whilst watching your mom through the crack in the
    bathroom door.

    >>Surely you remember posting this:
    >>
    >>" Yes, I did. I have made files from my DVD and watched it on other than
    >>a player from the original source before, and deleted the file the next
    >>day. I have no other obligation. I paid for a license to privately view
    >>the film data. Once I paid that (sometimes many times over), I can view
    >>the movie in whatever format I wish.
    >>
    >> I have also made files for my PSP from that file, and since I do own
    >>the DVD (rights), I have also downloaded files of films I own a copy of,
    >>as opposed to transcoding it myself. I can then convert it to any format
    >>or file size I want. My PSP currently has 3 movies on the memory stick,
    >>and that will change when I get my 16GB stick. I am also looking into
    >>burning the mini-discs 'UMD' sized discs with files and see if it 'sees'
    >>them. Watching movies on the bus with good sealing ear buds rules!"
    >>
    >>You seem to have forgotten the hundred plus post thread when you were using
    >>your latest goofy screen name "Archimedes' Lever" in this newsgroup from
    >>last month where you went to great lengths defending copying dvds, etc.
    >>
    >>T.B.

    > Archimedes' has posted with that nym for over a year, so the term
    >"latest" shows how stupid you are.
    >
    > I think that BulbousSkull is one of those rental retards that rents
    >and copies. There is a difference.

    Again - from what set of facts are you drawing your conclusions?

    You are nothing but a loudmouth zero. **** off.
    Nacheim Azuresbuni, Mar 16, 2009
  6. On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 03:57:08 GMT, (Nacheim
    Azuresbuni) wrote:

    >How the **** do you know he doesn't own a BluRay player? You need to
    >stop jerking off whilst watching your mom through the crack in the
    >bathroom door.

    That's about as mature as a freshly laid turd. Oh, that's right... you
    ARE a freshly laid turd.
    Archimedes' Lever, Mar 16, 2009
  7. On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 22:26:14 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 03:57:08 GMT, (Nacheim
    >Azuresbuni) wrote:
    >

    >>How the **** do you know he doesn't own a BluRay player? You need to
    >>stop jerking off whilst watching your mom through the crack in the
    >>bathroom door.

    > That's about as mature as a freshly laid turd. Oh, that's right... you
    >ARE a freshly laid turd.

    At least he gets laid. You, on the other hand, are in a constant
    state of choking your chicken. Do you get a good enough view of mom
    wiping through the crack in the door?
    Richard Cranium, Mar 16, 2009
  8. On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 19:13:45 GMT, (Richard Cranium)
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 22:26:14 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 03:57:08 GMT, (Nacheim
    >>Azuresbuni) wrote:
    >>

    >>>How the **** do you know he doesn't own a BluRay player? You need to
    >>>stop jerking off whilst watching your mom through the crack in the
    >>>bathroom door.

    >> That's about as mature as a freshly laid turd. Oh, that's right... you
    >>ARE a freshly laid turd.

    >At least he gets laid.

    You would know, butt face.

    > You, on the other hand, are in a constant
    >state of choking your chicken.

    You wouldn't know, butt face.

    > Do you get a good enough view of mom
    >wiping through the crack in the door?

    No mom, no door, you fucking retard. Quite a tell about you, however.
    Maybe you should look over your shoulder more often.
    Archimedes' Lever, Mar 16, 2009
  9. On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 16:47:16 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 19:13:45 GMT, (Richard Cranium)
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 22:26:14 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
    >><> wrote:

    >>> That's about as mature as a freshly laid turd. Oh, that's right... you
    >>>ARE a freshly laid turd.

    >>At least he gets laid.

    > You would know, butt face.
    >
    >> You, on the other hand, are in a constant
    >>state of choking your chicken.

    > You wouldn't know, butt face.
    >
    >> Do you get a good enough view of mom
    >>wiping through the crack in the door?

    > No mom, no door, you fucking retard. Quite a tell about you, however.
    >Maybe you should look over your shoulder more often.

    The only time I should have to look over my shoulder is when you are
    in the vicinity as a constant threat to jump a male ass. It probably
    all dates back to your conception via your daddy ass-fucking your
    uncle when some feces-infested sperm made their way into your moms
    snatch . . . ostensibly on the feet of flies.
    Richard Cranium, Mar 17, 2009
  10. Richard Cranium

    Mr.Eko Guest

    On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 01:33:18 GMT, (Richard Cranium)
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 16:47:16 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 19:13:45 GMT, (Richard Cranium)
    >>wrote:

    >>>At least he gets laid.

    >> You would know, butt face.
    >>
    >>> You, on the other hand, are in a constant
    >>>state of choking your chicken.

    >> You wouldn't know, butt face.
    >>
    >>> Do you get a good enough view of mom
    >>>wiping through the crack in the door?

    >> No mom, no door, you fucking retard. Quite a tell about you, however.
    >>Maybe you should look over your shoulder more often.

    >The only time I should have to look over my shoulder is when you are
    >in the vicinity as a constant threat to jump a male ass. It probably
    >all dates back to your conception via your daddy ass-fucking your
    >uncle when some feces-infested sperm made their way into your moms
    >snatch . . . ostensibly on the feet of flies.

    Gotta love the total retards. Especially the ones that are so full of
    themselves. This Cranium retard doesn't even qualify as human.
    Mr.Eko, Mar 17, 2009
  11. On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 22:46:48 -0700, Mr.Eko
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 01:33:18 GMT, (Richard Cranium)
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 16:47:16 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
    >><> wrote:

    >>> You would know, butt face.

    >>> You wouldn't know, butt face.

    >>> No mom, no door, you fucking retard. Quite a tell about you, however.
    >>>Maybe you should look over your shoulder more often.

    >>The only time I should have to look over my shoulder is when you are
    >>in the vicinity as a constant threat to jump a male ass. It probably
    >>all dates back to your conception via your daddy ass-fucking your
    >>uncle when some feces-infested sperm made their way into your moms
    >>snatch . . . ostensibly on the feet of flies.
    >>

    > Gotta love the total retards. Especially the ones that are so full of
    >themselves. This Cranium retard doesn't even qualify as human.

    Spoken like a true sub-neanderthal cretin.

    You're just mad at me 'cause when your mom was in her ninth month with
    you, I was porking her with the rest of the team and I came in your
    face.
    Richard Cranium, Mar 17, 2009
  12. Richard Cranium

    Mr.Eko Guest

    On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 12:04:42 GMT, (Richard Cranium)
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 22:46:48 -0700, Mr.Eko
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 01:33:18 GMT, (Richard Cranium)
    >>wrote:

    >>>The only time I should have to look over my shoulder is when you are
    >>>in the vicinity as a constant threat to jump a male ass. It probably
    >>>all dates back to your conception via your daddy ass-fucking your
    >>>uncle when some feces-infested sperm made their way into your moms
    >>>snatch . . . ostensibly on the feet of flies.
    >>>

    >> Gotta love the total retards. Especially the ones that are so full of
    >>themselves. This Cranium retard doesn't even qualify as human.

    >Spoken like a true sub-neanderthal cretin.
    >
    >You're just mad at me 'cause when your mom was in her ninth month with
    >you, I was porking her with the rest of the team and I came in your
    >face.

    You are showing your mental age, jock retard boy. I do not expect you
    to get it.

    Bwuahahahahahahahaha!
    Mr.Eko, Mar 17, 2009
  13. Richard Cranium

    wrote:

    >On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 22:46:48 -0700, Mr.Eko
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 01:33:18 GMT, (Richard Cranium)
    >>wrote:

    >>>The only time I should have to look over my shoulder is when you are
    >>>in the vicinity as a constant threat to jump a male ass. It probably
    >>>all dates back to your conception via your daddy ass-fucking your
    >>>uncle when some feces-infested sperm made their way into your moms
    >>>snatch . . . ostensibly on the feet of flies.
    >>>

    >> Gotta love the total retards. Especially the ones that are so full of
    >>themselves. This Cranium retard doesn't even qualify as human.

    >Spoken like a true sub-neanderthal cretin.
    >
    >You're just mad at me 'cause when your mom was in her ninth month with
    >you, I was porking her with the rest of the team and I came in your
    >face.

    I was born two months earlier, you retarded, lying ****.

    It is easy to point out your lies. Jock retards like you always lie,
    and are easy to spot, and easy to call out.

    Take a hike, pirate boy.
    Mr.Eko, Mar 18, 2009
  14. On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 18:49:20 -0700, Mr.Eko
    <> revealed one source of his terminal
    dumbshit by admitting:

    <<<<<Snip>>>>>

    >>" I was born two months earlier, you retarded, lying ****."

    Awww . . the pathetic loser never fully developed. Come back when
    there are adult male pubic hairs on your body instead of just in your
    mouth.
    Richard Cranium, Mar 18, 2009
  15. Richard Cranium

    Mr.Eko Guest

    On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 18:06:51 GMT, (Richard Cranium)
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 18:49:20 -0700, Mr.Eko
    ><> revealed one source of his terminal
    >dumbshit by admitting:
    >
    ><<<<<Snip>>>>>
    >>>

    >>>" I was born two months earlier, you retarded, lying ****."
    >>>

    >Awww . . the pathetic loser never fully developed.

    I developed much farther than you did, obviously.

    > Come back when
    >there are adult male pubic hairs on your body instead of just in your
    >mouth.

    More gay slurs? So, you have the mental age of an eleven year old.
    Bwuahahahahahaha! Quite hilarious, the depth of your mental immaturity.
    Particularly evident that you are devoid of functioning neurons is your
    original post. Then the subsequent posts makes it really glaring.

    You ain't real bright, BoneHeadium.
    Mr.Eko, Mar 19, 2009
  16. On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 12:07:57 -0500, "PapaBear" <2x>
    wrote:

    >"Richard Cranium" <> wrote in message
    >> What are the key PC components for copying DVDs using software like
    >> DVDFab or any similar product?
    >>
    >> Is the #1 impact item the CPU, memory, HDD speed? I'm getting ready
    >> to replace my aging Pentium 4 and want to optimize current DVD
    >> duplication and possible BluRay when media prices become more
    >> reasonable. TIA.

    >The same considerations apply as for burning any optical disc. The main
    >problem with DVD writing seems to be errors caused by multitasking, so
    >presumably a fast multiprocessor core helps. I also suggest the faster SATA
    >interface that comes with most new computers, rather than the older EIDE.
    >Selection of optical drives makes a difference, and I prefer to have at
    >least two different models connected and available. I use LG and Lite-On.
    >Lite-On's are ordinarily good for fast reading but may crap out with CRC
    >errors if the disc is marginal (warped, scratched, etc). LG's are slower
    >readers of video discs (unless you install a special firmware patch) but
    >better for reading marginal discs, often completing the task where Lite-On
    >failed. Software is a factor. There are several possible choices for
    >reading/ripping if the disc is protected. I prefer ImgBurn for burning.
    >--
    >PB

    Thanks. It makes sense. I was experiencing ultra long copy times and
    after updating burner firmware with no noticable improvement, finally
    decided to replace the burner with a $30 Sony. I immediately went
    from a 40 minute+ read time for a commercial DVD to less than 10
    minutes. I occasionally got errors so I disconnected my Internet
    connection when reading and that seems to have solved it (hence, your
    mention of multitasking-based issues appears spot-on). I thought that
    a more powerful CPU would help a lot (currently an old P-4) and the
    price of quad core (not top end - I'm not a gamer) units has come down
    to where I can probably build a very good PC for under $500. If I can
    find my OS discs, then that figure will drop another $100.
    Richard Cranium, Mar 19, 2009
  17. On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 12:07:57 -0500, "PapaBear" <2x>
    wrote:

    >"Richard Cranium" <> wrote in message
    >> What are the key PC components for copying DVDs using software like
    >> DVDFab or any similar product?
    >>
    >> Is the #1 impact item the CPU, memory, HDD speed? I'm getting ready
    >> to replace my aging Pentium 4 and want to optimize current DVD
    >> duplication and possible BluRay when media prices become more
    >> reasonable. TIA.

    >The same considerations apply as for burning any optical disc. The main
    >problem with DVD writing seems to be errors caused by multitasking, so
    >presumably a fast multiprocessor core helps.

    Actually, letting the PC do its job and refraining from futzing around
    with it while it is doing a write session is the MAIN discipline dopey
    rip it fucks need to learn.

    > I also suggest the faster SATA
    >interface that comes with most new computers, rather than the older EIDE.

    Likely not even available any longer, unless one buys an previous
    year's MOBO model.

    Jeez, is everyone here two years behind the curve? The OP is like 5
    years behind. This is ALL old news for most folks that have written
    ANYTHING onto a CD even, much less a DVD authoring session.

    >Selection of optical drives makes a difference, and I prefer to have at
    >least two different models connected and available.

    More idiocy. Go to Tom's hardware or other such peer review forum to
    find out what drives have the best longevity and reliability on a per
    session level.

    > I use LG and Lite-On.

    Oh boy! Brand centricity! Any more pearls of wisdom? Sheesh.

    >Lite-On's are ordinarily good for fast reading but may crap out with CRC
    >errors if the disc is marginal (warped, scratched, etc).

    Yet you still buy them. Yeah, folks should really listen to your
    'advice'... NOT!

    > LG's are slower
    >readers of video discs

    A disc reader does not care what the data being read is.

    > (unless you install a special firmware patch) but
    >better for reading marginal discs, often completing the task where Lite-On
    >failed.

    More opinionated, baseless crap.

    > Software is a factor.

    No shit.

    > There are several possible choices for
    >reading/ripping if the disc is protected. I prefer ImgBurn for burning.

    Protected... hmmmm.

    Like I said... this group is dead because of the rip it retards that did
    not know how to stay in or go to the rip it retard groups. This group
    was not for you idiots, and never was, and THAT is why everyone left.

    I could easily search up the folks that used to be here, posting on
    topic, and you can bet that they migrated to other groups where rip it
    retards do not go.
    Archimedes' Lever, Mar 20, 2009
  18. On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 22:45:41 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
    <> continued confirmation of his being
    an asshole by writing:

    <<<<<Snip>>>>>

    Do you EVER provide simple, basic information, comments and/or
    Try being a bit humble and folks might not recognize you're an
    asshole, no matter what name you use.
    Richard Cranium, Mar 20, 2009
  19. On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 13:20:45 GMT, (Richard Cranium)
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 22:45:41 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
    ><> continued confirmation of his being
    >an asshole by writing:
    >
    ><<<<<Snip>>>>>
    >
    >Do you EVER provide simple, basic information, comments and/or
    >Try being a bit humble and folks might not recognize you're an
    >asshole, no matter what name you use.

    You get back what you give. Your first post to any one of my nyms was
    derogatory, so you have nothing coming but plates full of shit, shit for
    brains.

    Your query was so lame, a 6 year old that has been on a PC for two
    years could have given you the answer.
    Archimedes' Lever, Mar 21, 2009
  20. On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 17:13:01 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 13:20:45 GMT, (Richard Cranium)
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 22:45:41 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
    >><> continued confirmation of his being
    >>an asshole by writing:
    >>
    >><<<<<Snip>>>>>
    >>
    >>Do you EVER provide simple, basic information, comments and/or
    >>Try being a bit humble and folks might not recognize you're an
    >>asshole, no matter what name you use.

    > You get back what you give. Your first post to any one of my nyms was
    >derogatory, so you have nothing coming but plates full of shit, shit for
    >brains.
    >
    > Your query was so lame, a 6 year old that has been on a PC for two
    >years could have given you the answer.

    I rest my case, you simple, stupid, scum-sucking, sad sack-of-shit.
    Richard Cranium, Mar 21, 2009