    select?

    What mode do most D70 users use?

    Gordon
    Gordon Powell, Aug 13, 2006

  2. Gordon Powell

    Guest

    Gordon Powell wrote:
    > The D70 gives you the option of 'optimizing' in the following ways:
    > -Normal
    > -Vivid
    > -Sharp
    > -Soft
    > -Etc.
    > -Etc.
    >
    > The lovely D70 manual describes each mode but I have a difficult time
    > discerning any significant difference. Short of making prints of each and
    > comparing closely, "Is there any REAL difference between them?"

    Start playing with the different settings if you are going to use the
    pre-programed modes. Color references normal/vid etc., will have to do
    with how intense or "saturated" the colors are. Think in terms of
    taking a picture of an infant in a cradle or taking a picture of Fall
    foilage. Sharp/soft again, what are you shooting. Sharp for a large
    expanse of mountains or soft for a portrait where you don't want every
    little skin blemish to show. These are just generalities as in a
    portrait you would probably want soft skin but sharp eyes but that can
    be done in post processing later after you've gotten a handle on your
    camera.
    , Aug 13, 2006