    NAT off the router.

    Thanks

    , Jul 30, 2007

  2. <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:...
    > I'm looking to run Optimized Edge Routing in conjunction with BGP.
    > Is that possible?
    > Can I run it (with BGP) on a 2811? 2821?
    > How much DRAM would i need for both (the BGP is Full Routes)?
    > Does the router have to be running NAT to do OER? We prefer to keep
    > NAT off the router.
    >
    > Thanks

    Hi,

    As far as I know (and I know very little) OER "simply" modifies the routing
    table by monitoring some prefixes (using SLA features); it is protocol
    independent and do not need NAT and it consumes memory proportionally to the
    prefixes it manages. It is supported even on a low-end routers so the 28xx
    are supported as well.

    Regards,
    Gabriele

    Gabriele Beltrame, Jul 30, 2007