    Luis Freitas
    E-mail:
    Portugal
    Luis Freitas, Oct 16, 2006

  2. Luis Freitas

    bmoag Guest

    All of those processing options involve irreversible changes to the image with storage in jpeg format. Sharpening is a big part of the computer algorithm that is used to achieve a specific effect.
    bmoag, Oct 16, 2006

  3. On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 00:05:23 +0100, in rec.photo.digital "Luis Freitas"
    <> wrote:

    >Is there a way the Vivid definition on the Optimize Image setting can affect the sharpness of photo?

    From p. 45 of the fine manual for my D200:

    Vivid
    Enhances saturation, contrast, and sharpness to produce vivid
    images with vibrant reds, greens, and blues.

    More vivid
    Maximizes saturation, contrast, and sharpness to produce crisp
    images with sharp outlines.
    --
    Ed Ruf ()
    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Oct 16, 2006