    pixels at 72 dpi?

    BTW i use PS7.

    chaz
    chaz, Aug 11, 2003

  2. chaz

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "chaz" <> wrote in
    news:wGQZa.3415$:

    > i have a web template which i only have to replace the photos with
    > mine but even if i keep to exactly the same dimensions and dpi, even
    > saving at the lowest jpg settings my files still end up double the
    > size of the sample ones that came with it, yet look far worse (jpg
    > artifacts?) whats the knack to rezizing what are very good quality
    > photos to a specific size, say, 100x70 pixels at 72 dpi?
    >
    > BTW i use PS7.

    I use Irfanview to do batch resizing. Make sure you strip out the EXIF data
    on thumbnails to make them smaller (Irfanview has an option to ignore exif
    data).

    --
    Lucas Tam ()
    Lucas Tam, Aug 11, 2003

  3. "chaz" <> wrote in message
    > i have a web template which i only have to replace the photos with mine

    but
    > even if i keep to exactly the same dimensions and dpi, even saving at the
    > lowest jpg settings my files still end up double the size of the sample

    ones
    > that came with it, yet look far worse (jpg artifacts?) whats the knack to
    > rezizing what are very good quality photos to a specific size, say, 100x70
    > pixels at 72 dpi?
    >
    > BTW i use PS7.
    >
    > chaz

    Two things... use the "Save for Web" option in Photoshop 7. It allows you
    see what your jpeg will look like at several different compression levels
    and also saves the jpegs with minimal header information.

    Secondly, not all jpegs of the same dimensions compress the same. The more
    detail there is in the image, the less you'll be able to compress without
    noticeable artifacts.

    - Jeff
    Jeff Zawrotny, Aug 12, 2003