    for pictures at gigs that I attend with low-light conditions.

    From reading on-line reviews, I prefer the F410 over the Optio, but I
    have also read that the Finepix suffers in low-light conditions [ see
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/F410/F41PICS.HTM ]

    Can anyone lend information of different experiences with these models or
    suggests others which would be more suitable in the small 3/4~MP range?

    Thanks Kindly
    Luke
    luke, Dec 3, 2003

  2. luke

    Stewy Guest

    Cameras with a bigger lens - around 3 or 4 cm in diameter are far better at
    low light conditions as they offer a greater f stop.

    "luke" <porchmonkey[at]iinet.net.au> wrote in message
    > I'm currently looking to get a digital camera along the lines of a Pentax
    > Optio S or a Fuji Finepix F410 for personal use in a social setting (day

    and

    Stewy, Dec 3, 2003

  3. luke

    SD Guest

    luke wrote:

    > I'm currently looking to get a digital camera along the lines of a Pentax
    > Optio S or a Fuji Finepix F410 for personal use in a social setting (day and
    > night) and also
    > for pictures at gigs that I attend with low-light conditions.
    >
    > From reading on-line reviews, I prefer the F410 over the Optio, but I
    > have also read that the Finepix suffers in low-light conditions [ see
    > http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/F410/F41PICS.HTM ]
    >
    > Can anyone lend information of different experiences with these models or
    > suggests others which would be more suitable in the small 3/4~MP range?
    >
    > Thanks Kindly
    > Luke

    im quite happy with my Minolta Dimage f100s low light pics and focus
    abilities (I'd say much better than the PDR M700 I have)..

    In low light situations, I just put the camera on some tabletop and
    click with the remote whenever I feel like :)
    SD, Dec 3, 2003
  4. luke

    luke Guest

    thanks for the advice!

    luke, Dec 4, 2003
  5. luke

    Chris Gunn Guest

    On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 00:28:20 +1000, "luke"

    >Optio S or a Fuji Finepix F410 for personal use in a social setting (day and
    >night) and also
    >for pictures at gigs that I attend with low-light conditions.
    >
    >From reading on-line reviews, I prefer the F410 over the Optio, but I
    >have also read that the Finepix suffers in low-light conditions [ see
    >http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/F410/F41PICS.HTM ]
    >
    >Can anyone lend information of different experiences with these models or
    >suggests others which would be more suitable in the small 3/4~MP range?

    Fuji F700. It has a 1/1.7" CCD. AF assist lamp. Iso 800 full res.

    Gunn

    602
    Chris Gunn, Dec 5, 2003