Optical mouse

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Danny & Marie, Dec 18, 2003.

  1. Why do you have win95 - you should seriously think about up-grading.

    Check out the following site for the best deals on the net at the moment

    www.gladiatorcomputers.com

    Danny & Marie, Dec 18, 2003

  2. I'm thinking of getting an optical PS/2 mouse. Is there any reason why it

    Freddy The Ferret, Dec 18, 2003

  3. Danny & Marie

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Freddy The Ferret mused:

    | I'm thinking of getting an optical PS/2 mouse. Is there any reason why it
    | would not work under Windows 95?

    There's no real reason why it wouldn't. Make sure the drivers support
    95, though 98 drivers will likely work.

    mhicaoidh, Dec 19, 2003
  4. Danny & Marie

    Jim Hill Guest

    I just installed software to use a Logitech USB optical mouse that came with
    my Dell Inspiron on my old 200 MHz Dell Dimension with Windows 98. The mouse
    is Dell-branded, but appears to be a 930808-0403

    It took a download from Logitech, my Windows 98 CD, and a little
    head-scratching (solved by reading Logitech FAQ's) to get everything running.

    Check the Logitech site, www.logitech.com, select Products, select the
    mouse that interests you, and see if PS/2 is mentioned. Then to to
    Downloads, select the appropriate mouse, look at Platforms (left side) and
    see if Windows 95 is listed. PS/2 and Windows 95 are listed for the
    930808-0403, which is called the Wheel Mouse Optical - Black Limited Edition
    Jim (for personal responses, delete the X from my email address before
    using.)

    Jim Hill, Dec 19, 2003