    Does anybody know how I can shut off the light for my optical mouse on shut
    down? Currently it stays lit.
    Thanks!

    Les G., Nov 2, 2005

  2. Les G.

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Les G. wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Does anybody know how I can shut off the light for my optical mouse
    > on shut down? Currently it stays lit.
    > Thanks!

    Can't. Well, that's not entirely true.

    1) if it's a wireless mouse, take the batteries out.

    2) if it's a corded mouse, unplug the computer from the wall, or unplug the
    mouse from the computer.

    like an idiot.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 2, 2005

  3. Les G.

    Andrew Guest

    On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 13:35:38 -0600, "Les G." <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >Does anybody know how I can shut off the light for my optical mouse on shut
    >down? Currently it stays lit.
    >Thanks!

    So does my fridge !... spooky or what !

    Andrew, Nov 2, 2005
  4. Andrew wrote:

    > On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 13:35:38 -0600, "Les G."
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>Does anybody know how I can shut off the light for my optical
    >>mouse on shut down? Currently it stays lit.
    >>Thanks!

    > So does my fridge !... spooky or what !

    You have an optical mouse *and* a refrigerator? Now *that's*
    bleeding-edge! ;)

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all Google Groups posts.

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 2, 2005
  5. Andrew wrote:
    > On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 13:35:38 -0600, "Les G." <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Hi,
    >>Does anybody know how I can shut off the light for my optical mouse on shut
    >>down? Currently it stays lit.
    >>Thanks!
    >>

    > So does my fridge !... spooky or what !

    Current technology requires advanced diagnostics. Stay *in* the
    refrigerator and see if the light stays on with the door closed. If you
    have one of those ancient fridges with the handle that latches the door
    closed, be sure to have someone you trust to check on you every now and
    then to see how it's going.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 2, 2005
  6. Les G.

    TNKEV Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:
    > Andrew wrote:
    >> On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 13:35:38 -0600, "Les G." <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>> Hi,
    >>> Does anybody know how I can shut off the light for my optical

    mouse on shut
    >>> down? Currently it stays lit.
    >>> Thanks!
    >>>

    >> So does my fridge !... spooky or what !

    > Current technology requires advanced diagnostics. Stay *in* the
    > refrigerator and see if the light stays on with the door closed. If

    you
    > have one of those ancient fridges with the handle that latches the

    door
    > closed, be sure to have someone you trust to check on you every now

    and
    > then to see how it's going.

    a person could suffocate like that man! you shouldn't give advice
    like that!

    do what I did,connect a webcam to a PC or laptop and place it inside
    the refridgerator and shut the door!

    mine goes off when the door is shut BTW!

    I am not sure how it goes off though,it's awful dark in there when the
    door is shut.

    --
    http://www.hostmybb.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=rftg
    B-N-Ps, no B no Ps,no spam, trades,post,chat

    TNKEV, Nov 2, 2005
  7. Les G.

    ziggy Guest

    Andrew <> carefully scribbled

    > On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 13:35:38 -0600, "Les G." <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>Does anybody know how I can shut off the light for my optical mouse on
    >>shut down? Currently it stays lit.
    >>Thanks!
    >>

    > So does my fridge !... spooky or what !

    You sure, I bet it goes off when you shut the door ~;0D

    ziggy, Nov 2, 2005
  8. Les G.

    ziggy Guest

    "TNKEV" <> carefully scribbled news:43692122$0
    $4499$:

    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >> Andrew wrote:

    > mouse on shut
    >>>>

    >>> So does my fridge !... spooky or what !

    >> Current technology requires advanced diagnostics. Stay *in* the
    >> refrigerator and see if the light stays on with the door closed. If

    > you
    >> have one of those ancient fridges with the handle that latches the

    > door
    >> closed, be sure to have someone you trust to check on you every now

    > and
    >> then to see how it's going.

    > a person could suffocate like that man! you shouldn't give advice
    > like that!
    >
    > do what I did,connect a webcam to a PC or laptop and place it inside
    > the refridgerator and shut the door!
    >
    > mine goes off when the door is shut BTW!
    >
    > I am not sure how it goes off though,it's awful dark in there when the
    > door is shut.

    Shit, that's clever! Wish I'd thought of that, all the hours of peeking I
    could've saved ~;0D

    ziggy, Nov 2, 2005
  9. Les G.

    PC Guest

    "Les G." <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Does anybody know how I can shut off the light for my optical mouse on
    > shut down? Currently it stays lit.
    > Thanks!

    Les

    Have a look in your Bios.
    Depending on your Motherboard & it's settings turning off 'wake up'
    features may (I repeat 'MAY') turn the mouse LED off when the PC shuts down.
    Try PCI & Power settings.

    Cheers
    Paul

    PC, Nov 2, 2005
  10. Les G.

    Andrew Guest

    On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 14:19:45 -0600, "TNKEV"
    <> wrote:

    >Rôgêr wrote:
    >> Andrew wrote:

    >mouse on shut
    >>>>

    >>> So does my fridge !... spooky or what !

    >> Current technology requires advanced diagnostics. Stay *in* the
    >> refrigerator and see if the light stays on with the door closed. If

    >you
    >> have one of those ancient fridges with the handle that latches the

    >door
    >> closed, be sure to have someone you trust to check on you every now

    >and
    >> then to see how it's going.

    > a person could suffocate like that man! you shouldn't give advice
    >like that!
    >
    >do what I did,connect a webcam to a PC or laptop and place it inside
    >the refridgerator and shut the door!
    >
    >mine goes off when the door is shut BTW!
    >
    >I am not sure how it goes off though,it's awful dark in there when the
    >door is shut.

    someone is hacking in and switching it off ONLY when you're watching !

    Andrew, Nov 2, 2005
  11. Les G.

    Andrew Guest

    thank ****... i thought you were on about my fridge still...

    Andrew, Nov 2, 2005
  12. Les G.

    Plato Guest

    Les G. wrote:

    > Does anybody know how I can shut off the light for my optical mouse on shut
    > down? Currently it stays lit.

    Modern PCs are always ON. Unless you pull the power cord or have a
    special switch on the back of the Power Supply you can turn off.
    Frankly, I'd like to have your "problem" as I'm thinking of splurging
    for one of those special mice with LEDs within the scrollwheel.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Nov 2, 2005