    question answered. Is that what micro whatever has come to. Nothing
    but taking in money? what the ?
    Anyone have a phone number for getting help?

    joevan, Sep 12, 2007

  2. joevan

    VanguardLH Guest

    "joevan" wrote in message
    news:...
    > My intellimouse has been wierd lately. I have tried to contack
    > microlimp but get the runaround. It says that there is a 3 year
    > warranty on the dang thing but I cannot find any way of getting to
    > the
    > crux of the matter. One place wanted me to send 35 bucks to get a
    > question answered. Is that what micro whatever has come to. Nothing
    > but taking in money? what the ?
    > Anyone have a phone number for getting help?

    Sure, everyone should work for you for free and at your command. And,
    of course, everyone here surely knows what "weird" means to you.

    Read:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    VanguardLH, Sep 12, 2007

  3. joevan

    joevan Guest

    >70AM-TH1DZ1-PL-C05-S22AFR-94U-E7Z0On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 16:16:55 -0500, "VanguardLH" <> wrote:

    >"joevan" wrote in message
    >> My intellimouse has been wierd lately. I have tried to contack
    >> microlimp but get the runaround. It says that there is a 3 year
    >> warranty on the dang thing but I cannot find any way of getting to
    >> the
    >> crux of the matter. One place wanted me to send 35 bucks to get a
    >> question answered. Is that what micro whatever has come to. Nothing
    >> but taking in money? what the ?
    >> Anyone have a phone number for getting help?

    >Sure, everyone should work for you for free and at your command. And,
    >of course, everyone here surely knows what "weird" means to you.
    >
    >Read:
    >http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html
    >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555375

    The normal left click is jumpy. Just touching it causes things to
    happen when they should not. By reversing the left and right buttons
    seems to make things work correctly but I don't like that method.
    I think the thing is under warranty but can't get any satisfaction.
    I would like to be able to phone them as I did a year or so ago when I
    got this one because the other one I bought from them stopped working
    completely. This one says made in China so it should be good, eh?

    joevan, Sep 12, 2007
  4. joevan

    VanguardLH Guest

    "joevan" wrote in message

    > "VanguardLH" wrote:
    >>
    >> "joevan" wrote ...
    >>>
    >>> My intellimouse has been wierd lately.

    >> of course, everyone here surely knows what "weird" means to you.

    > The normal left click is jumpy. Just touching it causes things to
    > happen when they should not.

    Which means the button has been banged enough that it no longer is at
    the original distance from the switch. Most mice do not have springs,
    levers, or other mechanical mechanisms for positioning the buttons and
    regulating their height. Instead they rely on a plastic hinge; i.e.,
    the button is connected to the shell by a strip of plastic. If the
    mouse gets hot or abused, the plastic hinge could get damaged in that
    it won't pull the button all the way back up. The result is the
    button is not very far from the switch or could even be resting on it.
    The slightest touch results in depressing the switch.

    I do gaming on my home PC. Due to frustration and having to perform
    rapid clicks, the mouse takes a lot of abuse. I'm lucky if mine lasts
    a year, so I find a replacement that I like (by trialing for a couple
    weeks) and then buy another one so I have a spare when I break the
    first one. Same for keyboards. When I have to move to the spare one,
    I then know that I have to go hunting again but there not an immediate
    need to do so.

    > seems to make things work correctly but I don't like that method.
    > I think the thing is under warranty but can't get any satisfaction.

    I've never had to pay Microsoft to get an RMA to return a defective
    product under warranty. Of course, you will need to prove the item is
    still under warranty, like having the sales receipt. If the item is
    under a lifetime warranty then you may not need a sale receipt unless
    they are sticklers for the detail that the warranty is only to the
    original purchaser, so you have to prove you are the original
    purchaser. Another case is if they warranty the item but don't care
    if you are the original purchaser. For example, Seagate had a 5-year
    warranty on their SCSI drive that I bought. When I called in to get
    it RMA'ed, they said that I needed the sales receipt yet I pointed out
    to them that this model had not existed for 5 years so everyone
    everywhere that had one would still be under their 5-year warranty, so
    they replaced it.

    Many sites have an RMA page where you fill out a web form. Couldn't
    find one at Microsoft (but I only wasted a minute to look around). I
    did find:

    http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/productrefund/refund.mspx
    (which was a link from
    http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=mscom)

    If it is an OEM model (i.e., it came with a pre-built computer that
    you bought) then you may have to take up the warranty with whomever
    sold you the OEM version.

    > This one says made in China so it should be good, eh?

    Microsoft is not a hardware manufacturer. Everything with their name
    on it was made elsewhere and had the "Microsoft" logo glued to it.
    Same for many other name-brand consumer-grade products, like IBM.
    That's why the products are often very similar and often equivalently
    cheaply constructed. Unless you are enamored with Microsoft, and if
    you are beyond the warranty period (or don't have proof of purchase),
    then you might want to get a Logitech replacement. I find them a lot
    easier to deal with, especially to get an RMA (they don't even require
    you to send in the defective unit and will just send you another one).

    VanguardLH, Sep 12, 2007
  5. joevan wrote:

    > The normal left click is jumpy. Just touching it causes things to
    > happen when they should not. By reversing the left and right buttons
    > seems to make things work correctly but I don't like that method. I
    > think the thing is under warranty but can't get any satisfaction. I
    > would like to be able to phone them as I did a year or so ago when I
    > got this one because the other one I bought from them stopped working
    > completely. This one says made in China so it should be good, eh?

    Something for the next time you go shopping: There are other companies
    in the computer hard/software businesss besides Microsoft. Bonus: One
    of them is Logitech, and one thing that they make, and make excellently,
    is input devices: mice and trackballs and keyboards. Extra Bonus: You
    may be hung up on Microsoft software, but there's even less reason to be
    hung up on Micosoft-branded hardware.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 13, 2007
  6. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 17:12:10 -0500, "VanguardLH"
    <> wrote:

> [...]

    >If it is an OEM model (i.e., it came with a pre-built computer that
    >you bought) then you may have to take up the warranty with whomever
    >sold you the OEM version.
    >
    >> This one says made in China so it should be good, eh?

    >Microsoft is not a hardware manufacturer. Everything with their name
    >on it was made elsewhere and had the "Microsoft" logo glued to it.
    >Same for many other name-brand consumer-grade products, like IBM.
    >That's why the products are often very similar and often equivalently
    >cheaply constructed. Unless you are enamored with Microsoft, and if
    >you are beyond the warranty period (or don't have proof of purchase),
    >then you might want to get a Logitech replacement. I find them a lot
    >easier to deal with, especially to get an RMA (they don't even require
    >you to send in the defective unit and will just send you another one).

    Thanks for the information. I will see how it goes and check out the
    options. The last optical mouse I had went bonkers within a month or
    two. Something was retelling inside. I remember calling Microsoft and
    a man asked if I got it from them, which I had so he checked and
    agreed that I got it thru Microsoft and he sent another. It is the one
    that is now acting up. If I could find that number maybe the same
    thing. In the meantime I will look up logitec.
    As a matter of fact I have a logitech cordless ( Trackman Wheel) here
    that my father in law gave me when he despaired of making it work. I
    remember taking a shot at it but it required a lot of keyboard
    commands as I recall and I too gave up. Maybe I will search google for
    clues to get it to work.

    joevan, Sep 13, 2007