    X64 CD but the CD drive is not recognized. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Larry

    =?Utf-8?B?a29ya21hbg==?=, Nov 2, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?a29ya21hbg==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Might help if you let us know what software and did you uninstall it? I
    would check your system event viewer and see if you have any messages there.
    When I uninstalled Nero on my machine, it left a number of registry entries
    that caused the drives to become unusable.

    John Barnes, Nov 2, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?a29ya21hbg==?=

    spock Guest

    So What did you Do??? With baited breathe.

    spock, Nov 2, 2005
  4. I used a HP "light scribe" for my new 64 bit system. HP just hasen't bothered
    to create 64 bit drivers or even a beta for it yet.
    I have the same problem with Zone Alarm, " will not load"
    HP doesn't even respond to my inquiries any more.
    Microsoft said that ALL required drivers would be included with the OS when
    released. I'm still waiting, 4 months later.

    =?Utf-8?B?d2lsbHk=?=, Nov 2, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?a29ya21hbg==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    In my case there were warnings in the event logs about a file (AFK2??? if I
    recall). I went thru the registry and either deleted the entries or removed
    the reference to the item in the data area. There were about 5 entries if I
    recall. Been some time, sorry.

    "spock" <> wrote in message
    > So What did you Do??? With baited breathe.
    > "John Barnes" <> wrote in message
    >> Might help if you let us know what software and did you uninstall it? I
    >> would check your system event viewer and see if you have any messages
    >> there. When I uninstalled Nero on my machine, it left a number of
    >> registry entries that caused the drives to become unusable.
    >>

    >> "korkman" <> wrote in message
    >>>I evidently replaced my optical drivers when I loaded some software. All
    >>>the
    >>> software help desks seem to say "We don't know if it works with 64 bit,
    >>> Try
    >>> it." I have been searching for the drivers for my Sony CRX230EE &
    >>> DW-D26A.
    >>> Sony advised get them from the Microsoft site. They are probably on my
    >>> XP Pro
    >>> X64 CD but the CD drive is not recognized. Any ideas?
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Larry

    John Barnes, Nov 2, 2005