    UK.
    Regards
    Tony

    Tony, May 3, 2006

  2. I don't have one, but if I was in the market for one I would at least have a
    good look on 'Creative'. I cannot recall having heard anything about them
    not working. Across the product catalog, their stuff is solid and durable
    and they are easy to install and mostly, they don't seem to sit on their
    hands when it comes to drivers.

    If you have demanding needs for Picture quality you may want something else,
    but even then I expect Creative to make well among the competition. You can
    easily find cheaper gear, but expensive they are not.

    Tony. . .
    (another one of us!)

    Tony Sperling, May 3, 2006

  3. Tony:
    Creative has released x64 drivers for only one of its webcams, namely,
    Creative Webcam Instant.
    This is a cheap low-end camera but at least it has x64 drivers.
    Couldn't buy it though.
    Hardware is difficult to get in the southernmost tip of the world.
    Software can be downloaded.
    Hardware can't (yet).
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, May 3, 2006
  4. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], May 3, 2006
  5. Tony

    Graham Guest

    Carlos wrote:
    > Hardware is difficult to get in the southernmost tip of the world.
    > Software can be downloaded.
    > Hardware can't (yet).

    For the big IBM mainframes you can "download" some hardware upgrades. Of
    course, you don't actually download the hardware, what you do is
    download something which enables what is already there but disabled and
    hidden. It amused me to see something described as "downloading a CPU
    upgrade": I wish!

    Although it sounds a bit silly to supply hardware which isn't paid for
    and maybe never enable it, I guess it makes sense in having many fewer
    hardware variations to build and stock, no engineer to send out to do
    the upgrades and no downtime while it occurs. Plus, I'll bet some
    upgrades occur which wouldn't if they had to be scheduled and waited for.

    Graham.

    Graham, May 4, 2006
  6. Tony

    Alexis F. Guest

    and the most recent link is:
    http://dmzweb4.europe.creative.com/...,VARSET=ws:http://www.creative.com/,case=7824

    Alexis

    Alexis F., May 4, 2006
  7. Tony

    roman modic Guest

    Shorter link :)
    http://dmzweb4.europe.creative.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?E=120963592,K=4591,case=7824

    "Alexis F." <> wrote in message news:...
    > and the most recent link is:
    > http://dmzweb4.europe.creative.com/...,VARSET=ws:http://www.creative.com/,case=7824
    >
    > Alexis
    >

    > "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <> wrote in message news:en%...
    >> Here it is:
    >> http://ask.europe.creative.com/wwenglish/general/xp_64_driver_matrix.htm
    >> --
    >> --
    >> Andre
    >> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    >>
    >> "Tony" <> wrote in message news:...
    >>> Hi Would like some information with regards to reasonable priced
    >>> Webcams that work with Windows XP Pro 64bit and can be bought in the
    >>> UK.
    >>> Regards
    >>> Tony

    roman modic, May 4, 2006
  8. In other words, we have two Creative cameras with x64 drivers:
    Creative Webcam Live!
    Creative Webcam Instant
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, May 4, 2006
  9. Tony

    roman modic Guest

    roman modic, May 4, 2006
  10. Tony

    Guest Guest

    rm [Thu, 4 May 2006 14:59:53 +0200]:
    >And there are no x64 drivers for Vista and NX models planned!

    Get yourself a network camera (ethernet or
    wifi based). Those use a basic CGI interface
    so even if there is no current browser plug-in,
    it's easy enough to script out some stuff in
    whatever programming language you like, using,
    for example, sockets. As one example, Panasonic
    has a nice line of network cameras. You could
    whip up a stand-alone interface to it (these
    cameras act as an http server) in a day using
    straight C if you wanted (after learning its
    CGI cmds).

    (USB cameras are much more difficult.)

    --
    40th Floor - Software @ http://40th.com/
    iPlay : the ultimate audio player for mobiles

    Guest, May 5, 2006
  11. Hey Tony,
    Don't stop looking for a web CAM 'till ya find the Sony "Eggcam". You see
    it right! You will be astounded by the extreme performance of this little
    gem. Get a Logitech super zoom and pan setup temporarily, but keep looking
    for that Sony! WOW!!

    =?Utf-8?B?bWluZ2RyYWdvbg==?=, Jun 9, 2006