    on PBase are obviously larger and can be appreciated more - at least I
    hope so. You can view them at http://www.pbase.com/ntotrr if you'd
    like. It's my first foray into using a DSLR.

    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Jan 5, 2004

  2. Peter A. Stavrakoglou

    Steven Guest

    Your photos look a little blurry. Hope you didn't spend too much on
    your camera. I realize it's only 3 megapixel.

    Steven, Jan 5, 2004

  3. "Steven" <> wrote in message
    > Your photos look a little blurry. Hope you didn't spend too much on
    > your camera. I realize it's only 3 megapixel.

    I asked for comments on the pictures, not the camera. The camera is
    just fine, thank you.

    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Jan 5, 2004
  4. Peter A. Stavrakoglou

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: "Peter A. Stavrakoglou"

    >I asked for comments on the pictures, not the camera. The camera is
    >just fine, thank you.

    If those pics are representative of the camera, you should dump that piece of
    junk immediately.

    The photos are softer than a baby's ass and the out of focus areas are
    terrible.
    Oh yeah, and the people are all yellow, of course, so it does appear your SD-9
    is working properly.
    Perhaps you forgot the 11-step conversion routine?

    Annika1980, Jan 5, 2004
  5. "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    > >From: "Peter A. Stavrakoglou"

    > >I asked for comments on the pictures, not the camera. The camera

    is
    > >just fine, thank you.
    > >

    > If those pics are representative of the camera, you should dump that

    piece of
    > junk immediately.
    >
    > The photos are softer than a baby's ass and the out of focus areas

    are
    > terrible.
    > Oh yeah, and the people are all yellow, of course, so it does appear

    your SD-9
    > is working properly.
    > Perhaps you forgot the 11-step conversion routine?

    What a helpful bunch in here, I must say. Perhaps it's my skills,
    which i admit are not very good at the moment, that need improving, or
    the budget-level lenses I am using at the moment. As many images on
    PBase and elsewhere show, the camera produces very good images or will
    your prejudices keep you from admitting that?

    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Jan 6, 2004
  6. Peter A. Stavrakoglou

    dragon1964 Guest

    Peter, Ignore the anti-Sigma posts!

    The photo of the bird is good. A little soft in the details of the crest
    but good composition overall.
    The picture of the giraffe is good. Maybe a shorter DOF if the lens will
    open any wider. The background is a little busy. The foreground people add
    some interest....
    The picture of the wildebeest (sp?). Great composition. Better DOF control
    on this one. Good tonal range. My personal taste would add a little
    sharpening to bring out a little more detail in the face of the animal.
    Just my $.02.
    mms

    dragon1964, Jan 6, 2004