    Sigma 50-500mm lens

    Thanks
    Greg
    grenner, May 12, 2005

  2. grenner

    Mark² Guest

    "grenner" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have read the reviews looked at the lenses but would like some user
    >opinions.
    >
    > Tamron 200-500mm lens vs
    >
    > Sigma 50-500mm lens

    If you buy the Sigma, don't expect to be able to use it on future camera
    bodies without sending it to Sigma for re-chipping.

    I wouldn't touch Sigma with a 59 1/2 foot pole...
    Mark², May 12, 2005

  3. grenner

    UrbanVoyeur Guest

    Mark² wrote:
    > "grenner" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I have read the reviews looked at the lenses but would like some user
    >>opinions.
    >>
    >>Tamron 200-500mm lens vs
    >>
    >>Sigma 50-500mm lens

    > If you buy the Sigma, don't expect to be able to use it on future camera
    > bodies without sending it to Sigma for re-chipping.
    >
    > I wouldn't touch Sigma with a 59 1/2 foot pole...

    What if it was a 45-83 zoom pole?

    www.urbanvoyeur.com
    UrbanVoyeur, May 12, 2005
  4. grenner

    Mark² Guest

    "UrbanVoyeur" <> wrote in message
    > Mark² wrote:
    >> "grenner" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I have read the reviews looked at the lenses but would like some user
    >>>opinions.
    >>>
    >>>Tamron 200-500mm lens vs
    >>>
    >>>Sigma 50-500mm lens

    >> If you buy the Sigma, don't expect to be able to use it on future camera
    >> bodies without sending it to Sigma for re-chipping.
    >>
    >> I wouldn't touch Sigma with a 59 1/2 foot pole...

    > What if it was a 45-83 zoom pole?

    Not even if it was a 459,003-698,007 zoom pole...
    Mark², May 13, 2005