    2) level of detail covered for subject matter

    3) instructors effectiveness (clarity in communication, explaining
    complicated things in easier to understand terms, good instruction etc..)
    David, Dec 22, 2006

  2. David

    Guest Guest

    "David" <> wrote in message
    news:#...
    > just looking for opinions on any of TrainSignal's cbts... good? bad? soso?
    >
    > I just finished their DNS one and thought it was pretty good. Certianly not
    > enough to use as sole material for passing test (not intended for that anyway)
    > but I was impressed. I am thinking about getting their package deal with *all*
    > the windows cbt's and want to see what other people's experiences have been
    > with them...
    >
    > to be clear as possible here, I know and am not looking for these to be a one
    > stop shop to pass a test. Several sources of study are required and of course
    > experience... what I am hoping to get are opinions from people who have used
    > any TrainSignal cbts on their:
    >
    > 1) *accuracy of information*
    >
    > 2) level of detail covered for subject matter
    >
    > 3) instructors effectiveness (clarity in communication, explaining complicated
    > things in easier to understand terms, good instruction etc..)

    Well, I don't have them on either of my lists. So, I'll have to do some research
    (you can find that at http://www.CertGuard.com/reviews.asp, in the near future).
    From what I can tell, through just a prelim check, they appear to be ok.

    --
    CertGuard
    You think you know IT?!?!
    Guest, Dec 22, 2006

  3. CertGuard,

    That is a really interesting and informative list on your site. I'm curious
    about one of the comments though. You indicate "Transcender is fast becoming
    one of the top Legitimate Test Prep sites around." I don't question their
    popularity, but when it comes to theire legitimacy, doesn't Microsoft have an
    open suit against Transcender for using actual Microsoft test questions word
    for word? Or has that been resolved?
    --
    Jim Anderson, MCSD
    Consultant

    =?Utf-8?B?SmltIEFuZGVyc29u?=, Jan 31, 2007
  4. David

    Guest Guest

    "Jim Anderson" <anderson_jim at Excite DotCom> wrote in message
    > CertGuard,
    >
    > That is a really interesting and informative list on your site. I'm curious
    > about one of the comments though. You indicate "Transcender is fast becoming
    > one of the top Legitimate Test Prep sites around." I don't question their
    > popularity, but when it comes to theire legitimacy, doesn't Microsoft have an
    > open suit against Transcender for using actual Microsoft test questions word
    > for word? Or has that been resolved?
    > --
    > Jim Anderson, MCSD
    > Consultant
    > Columbus, Ohio

    Jim, I don't believe they have any open lawsuits against Transcender, it may be
    T3$tK!ng you're thinking of. I will double check that information and get back
    to you.

    Is this good: anderson_jim at Excite DotCom (didn't know Excite was still being
    used ;) )

    Guest, Feb 1, 2007
  5. David

    JaR Guest

    CertGuard wrote:
    > "Jim Anderson" <anderson_jim at Excite DotCom> wrote in message
    >
    >> CertGuard,
    >>
    >> That is a really interesting and informative list on your site. I'm
    >> curious
    >> about one of the comments though. You indicate "Transcender is fast
    >> becoming
    >> one of the top Legitimate Test Prep sites around." I don't question their
    >> popularity, but when it comes to theire legitimacy, doesn't Microsoft
    >> have an
    >> open suit against Transcender for using actual Microsoft test
    >> questions word
    >> for word? Or has that been resolved?
    >> --
    >> Jim Anderson, MCSD
    >> Consultant
    >> Columbus, Ohio
    >>

    > Jim, I don't believe they have any open lawsuits against Transcender, it
    > may be T3$tK!ng you're thinking of. I will double check that information
    > and get back to you.

    There were complaints about Trancender for illegal material several
    years ago. I don't believe MS ever had a suit against them. I can find
    no reference to any official action agains Transcender.

    Transcender cleaned up its act and has been a good source for quite a
    while now, although some still regard them as dumpers, under the
    assumtion that if you once were accused of being a dump provider, you
    always will be a dump provider. Microsoft, however, AFAIK, has no
    problem with them now.

    Transcender was chosen "Best Exam Preparation Product or Service" by
    Redmond Magazine readers for 2005. Additionally, in 2004, Transcender
    was selected as "Best Practice Exam" by readers of CertCities.com for
    the third consecutive year.

    *Disclaimer: The author neither is employed by, nor has even ever used
    the above materials, having had a discounted subscription for MeasureUp
    when I did my exams*

    *YMMV, queue long-winded discussion about Tanscenders legitimacy here*

    --
    JaR
    Suffering fools gladly since 1978
    JaR, Feb 1, 2007
  6. David

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message

    > *Disclaimer: The author neither is employed by, nor has even ever used the
    > above materials, having had a discounted subscription for MeasureUp when I did
    > my exams*

    Trans-Spammer!! ;)

    --
    BD
    # 0011 ^ 2
    BD[MCNGP], Feb 1, 2007
  7. David

    > CertGuard,
    >
    > That is a really interesting and informative list on your site. I'm curious
    > about one of the comments though. You indicate "Transcender is fast becoming
    > one of the top Legitimate Test Prep sites around." I don't question their
    > popularity, but when it comes to theire legitimacy, doesn't Microsoft have an
    > open suit against Transcender for using actual Microsoft test questions word
    > for word? Or has that been resolved?
    > --
    > Jim Anderson, MCSD
    > Consultant
    > Columbus, Ohio

    Jim,

    I just confirmed it. There is NO suit against Transcender. However, keep
    reading...

    As most of us are/were aware, Transcender was, at one time, a braindump provider
    (this was back in the NT 4.0 days). Apparently they have undergone some changes
    in their corporate ladder. Now, under their current ownership, they are
    purportedly creating their own test preparation questions. These questions,
    however, ARE being scrutinized to make sure that they (Transcender) are still
    providing their own original work. Possibly because of their track record, I
    would guess that they will be scrutinized for quite a while.

    Thanks

    Guest, Feb 1, 2007
  8. David

    JaR Guest

    BD[MCNGP] wrote:

    > "JaR" <> wrote in message
    >

    >> *Disclaimer: The author neither is employed by, nor has even ever used
    >> the above materials, having had a discounted subscription for
    >> MeasureUp when I did my exams*
    >>

    > Trans-Spammer!! ;)

    Ouchie!

    JaR, Feb 1, 2007
  9. David

    JaR Guest

    CertGuard wrote:

    > I just confirmed it. There is NO suit against Transcender. However, keep
    > reading...
    >
    > As most of us are/were aware, Transcender was, at one time, a braindump
    > provider (this was back in the NT 4.0 days). Apparently they have
    > undergone some changes in their corporate ladder. Now, under their
    > current ownership, they are purportedly creating their own test
    > preparation questions. These questions, however, ARE being scrutinized
    > to make sure that they (Transcender) are still providing their own
    > original work. Possibly because of their track record, I would guess
    > that they will be scrutinized for quite a while.
    >
    > Thanks

    Isn't that what I said?

    --
    JaR
    Dept of Redundancy Dept
    JaR, Feb 1, 2007
  10. CertGuard,

    Yea, it was definitely Transcender that at one time Microsoft accused
    (apparently not in a court of law) of selling actual test questions.

    I'm not being critical of Transcender myself. I like them because I think
    their questions are a little harder and I know if I can pass their tests I
    can pass Microsoft's.

    Oh, yea Excite is still alive and kicking. It's changed ownership a few
    times but it is still up. I've had my email there for over ten years.
    --
    Jim Anderson, MCSD
    Consultant

    =?Utf-8?B?SmltIEFuZGVyc29u?=, Feb 1, 2007
  11. David

    catwalker63 Guest

    JaR <> prattled ceaselessly in

    > CertGuard wrote:
    >
    >> I just confirmed it. There is NO suit against Transcender. However,
    >> keep reading...
    >>
    >> As most of us are/were aware, Transcender was, at one time, a
    >> braindump provider (this was back in the NT 4.0 days). Apparently
    >> they have undergone some changes in their corporate ladder. Now,
    >> under their current ownership, they are purportedly creating their
    >> own test preparation questions. These questions, however, ARE being
    >> scrutinized to make sure that they (Transcender) are still providing
    >> their own original work. Possibly because of their track record, I
    >> would guess that they will be scrutinized for quite a while.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>

    > Isn't that what I said?

    Yep. 'cept his was shorter.

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet
    catwalker63, Feb 1, 2007
  12. David

    Guest Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message

    > Isn't that what I said?

    Yes, but I confirmed it.

    Everyone loves confirmation.

    --
    BD
    # 0011 ^ 2
    Guest, Feb 1, 2007
  13. David

    Guest Guest

    "catwalker63" <> wrote in message

    > Yep. 'cept his was shorter.

    Hey now......

    .....what'd I tells ya 'boot lettin' that info out?!

    --
    BD
    # 0011 ^ 2
    Guest, Feb 1, 2007
  14. David

    JaR Guest

    On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 17:24:21 -0600, CertGuard cast into the ether:

    > "JaR" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Isn't that what I said?
    >>

    > Yes, but I confirmed it.
    >
    > Everyone loves confirmation.

    Oh! Well then, thanks!

    I feel so validated.

    --
    JaR
    Legal, too
    JaR, Feb 1, 2007
  15. David

    Neil Guest

    did you hear JaR <> say in news:#arZjhjRHHA.3316
    @TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl:

    > There were complaints about Trancender for illegal material several
    > years ago. I don't believe MS ever had a suit against them. I can find
    > no reference to any official action agains Transcender.
    >
    > Transcender cleaned up its act and has been a good source for quite a
    > while now, although some still regard them as dumpers, under the
    > assumtion that if you once were accused of being a dump provider, you
    > always will be a dump provider. Microsoft, however, AFAIK, has no
    > problem with them now.
    >
    > Transcender was chosen "Best Exam Preparation Product or Service" by
    > Redmond Magazine readers for 2005. Additionally, in 2004, Transcender
    > was selected as "Best Practice Exam" by readers of CertCities.com for
    > the third consecutive year.
    >
    > *Disclaimer: The author neither is employed by, nor has even ever used
    > the above materials, having had a discounted subscription for MeasureUp
    > when I did my exams*
    >
    > *YMMV, queue long-winded discussion about Tanscenders legitimacy here*

    I find it interesting that for someone who has never used the product, you
    do seem to have a keen interest in them. ;)

    I agree that Transgender were pretty much dumps back in the NT 4 days but
    that they have cleaned up. They also are now owned by the same company as
    Self Test Software (the only other "approved" MS exam prep company)
    IIRC....pause to check....YUP! Kaplan IT owns both.

    And now, Kline should begin the complaint that they are dumpers and I will
    promptly tell him "whatever"

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X
    PotD 10/23/2006, 11/10/2006