    Doug Kanter Guest

    A local camera shop has a used 60mm f/2.8D AF Micro-Nikkor lens for $299.00.
    Very tempting. Anyone have any direct experience with this lens?
    Doug Kanter, Apr 15, 2004

  2. Doug Kanter

    Savidge4 Guest

    >A local camera shop has a used 60mm f/2.8D AF Micro-Nikkor lens for $299.00.
    >Very tempting. Anyone have any direct experience with this lens?

    you can buy this lens brand new for $329.00 so it may be a good lens but that
    is not a good deal!
    Savidge4, Apr 15, 2004

  3. Doug Kanter

    Doug Kanter Guest

    I've run across that price for the grey market version at B&H. Who's got it
    with the U.S. warranty at that price?

    Doug Kanter, Apr 15, 2004
  4. Doug Kanter

    Bhup Guest

    You wont regret getting this one
    I have had mine for about 5 years. Very very sharp as with all 50 -60mm
    macro lens the working distance is not great
    for $299 seems to good to miss.

    All outgoing emails are scanned with Norton Antivirus 2003

    Bhup, Apr 15, 2004
  5. Doug Kanter

    Doug Kanter Guest

    The lens is spotless, and the store's reputable. The visa card's getting
    warm..... :)

    Doug Kanter, Apr 15, 2004
  6. Doug Kanter

    Roger Guest

    On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 19:28:04 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
    <> wrote:

    >I've run across that price for the grey market version at B&H. Who's got it
    >with the U.S. warranty at that price?

    Doug,

    I just checked http://www.keh.com. The lens is $380 with a $70 Nikon
    mail-in rebate.

    Regards,
    Roger
    Roger, Apr 15, 2004
  7. On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 20:00:52 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
    <> wrote:

    >The lens is spotless, and the store's reputable. The visa card's getting
    >warm..... :)

    At that price, I'd consider buying a new one instead. It's about $380
    with the U.S. warranty before a minimum $35 rebate. Nice lens.

    --
    Michael Benveniste --
    Michael Benveniste, Apr 15, 2004
  8. Doug Kanter

    Tom Scales Guest

    Great lens, so-so price. I use mine on my D100 regularly.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Apr 15, 2004
  9. Doug Kanter

    Doug Kanter Guest

    "Roger" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 19:28:04 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >I've run across that price for the grey market version at B&H. Who's got

    it
    > >with the U.S. warranty at that price?
    > >

    > Doug,
    >
    > I just checked http://www.keh.com. The lens is $380 with a $70 Nikon
    > mail-in rebate.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Roger

    Actually, the rebate's only $35, unless you buy a camera body or speedlight,
    in which case, it's $70. This comes from the Nikon web site.
    Doug Kanter, Apr 16, 2004
  10. Doug Kanter

    Roger Guest

    On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 13:25:51 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
    <> wrote:

    >Actually, the rebate's only $35, unless you buy a camera body or speedlight,
    >in which case, it's $70. This comes from the Nikon web site.

    Doug,

    Thanks for the correction, I glanced at the wrong column.

    Roger
    Roger, Apr 16, 2004
  11. Doug Kanter

    Doug Kanter Guest

    "Roger" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 13:25:51 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Actually, the rebate's only $35, unless you buy a camera body or

    speedlight,
    > >in which case, it's $70. This comes from the Nikon web site.

    > Doug,
    >
    > Thanks for the correction, I glanced at the wrong column.
    >
    > Roger

    I wish it had been right!
    Doug Kanter, Apr 16, 2004