    rate beside an i960 at about the same price? I'm looking more for
    subjective users' opinions; side-by-side spec comparisons I can do on
    FS's website.
    Matt Ion, Oct 16, 2004

  2. Matt Ion

    Pepys Guest

    "Matt Ion" <> wrote in message
    news:Czhcd.735254$M95.316739@pd7tw1no...
    > Anyone using these yet? Any thoughts on how they compare to previous
    > Canons? For example, how would a Pixma iP4000 (CDN$200 at Future Shop)
    > rate beside an i960 at about the same price? I'm looking more for
    > subjective users' opinions; side-by-side spec comparisons I can do on FS's
    > website.

    They are absolutely brilliant printers, even forgetting their relatively
    cheap price.

    I have recently purchased one for my daughters and am having difficulty in
    trying to justify the difference in price between their Pixma and my Epson
    R800. Printed 8 x 10s from each look wonderful.

    My subjective opinion would place the Pixma ahead of the i960 on quality by
    a fair degree.

    Hope that helps.

    Sam
    Pepys, Oct 17, 2004

  3. In article <Czhcd.735254$M95.316739@pd7tw1no>,
    Matt Ion <> wrote:

    > Anyone using these yet? Any thoughts on how they compare to previous
    > Canons? For example, how would a Pixma iP4000 (CDN$200 at Future Shop)
    > rate beside an i960 at about the same price? I'm looking more for
    > subjective users' opinions; side-by-side spec comparisons I can do on
    > FS's website.

    Looks interesting. I hope they come out with a wider version soon. I'm
    looking to dump an Epson 2200 that has never been anything but trouble.
    Kevin McMurtrie, Oct 17, 2004