opinions on Lenmar batteries?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Robert Kim, Feb 19, 2004.

  1. Robert Kim

    Robert Kim Guest

    (Hope nobody minds a repost as no answers were forthcoming last time)

    Hi, all. I have a Sony DSC-P50 in need of an extra rechargeable battery.
    Right now I'm looking to buy a Sony NP-FS11 Infolithium as specified in
    the manual. But I see advertised everywhere that the Lenmar rechargeable
    batteries are compatible and can replace this Sony battery at a much lower
    price and, supposedly, with more charge storage capacity. But I've also
    seen warnings that some generic replacements don't have the
    Infolithium-type chip inside so it is possible to overcharge the battery
    and ruin the camera, as well as the camera not being able to accurately
    display how much battery charge is left.

    Has anyone had experience with the Lenmar batteries used in place of the
    originally specified Sony batteries? Do the Lenmar batteries meet all
    requirements of the Sony Infolithiums?

    TIA,

    Bob

    Robert Kim, Feb 19, 2004

  2. Robert Kim

    Lucas Tam Guest

    Robert Kim <> wrote in

    > Has anyone had experience with the Lenmar batteries used in place of the
    > originally specified Sony batteries? Do the Lenmar batteries meet all
    > requirements of the Sony Infolithiums?

    I bought some OEM batteries for my Canon S400 and they work great. In most
    cases, a good quality OEM battery will do fine.

    Check out: http://www.sterlingtek.com

    I bought my OEM Li-Ion batteries from SterlingTek. They were cheap and
    shipped quickly too.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Feb 19, 2004