    Time is running short so your expedited feedback, opinions , suggestions,
    other recommendations or thoughts are much appreciated.

    Thanks!
    R K, May 28, 2004

  2. R K

    Eric Guest

    R K wrote:

    > Any opinions on the AppDev training for MCSD suite - C# track with
    > SQL Server elective?

    It's great training. They use Jesse Liberty for C#, and he's awesome.

    But it's too expensive for me. I just buy Amit Kalani's books and
    follow his step-by-step examples. I also bought Jesse's "programming
    C#" book. It works for me.

    Eric
    Eric, May 28, 2004

  3. >They have 50 CD-ROMs which consist of 74 hours of training and 4250 pages
    >for Courseware. They include practice tests & MS Press study guides.
    >AppDev is running a special $2600 for entire suite until May 31, 2004
    >(retails for $4550) .

    jesus, I'm in wrong business......

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 28, 2004
  4. R K

    Neil Guest

    >>They have 50 CD-ROMs which consist of 74 hours of training and 4250
    >>pages for Courseware. They include practice tests & MS Press study
    >>guides. AppDev is running a special $2600 for entire suite until May
    >>31, 2004 (retails for $4550) .

    > jesus, I'm in wrong business......
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    yes you are

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30 (hey there)
    Neil, May 28, 2004
  5. >> jesus, I'm in wrong business......

    >> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    >>

    >yes you are

    BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.....

    Me and my big mouth....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 28, 2004
  6. R K

    R K Guest

    Looks like I can do much cheaper . Thank you Eric for your input.

    R K, May 28, 2004
  7. R K

    R K Guest

    I sense some skepticism here...get the idea.

    R K, May 28, 2004
  8. >I sense some skepticism here...get the idea.

    If, as you say, you have six months experience you well on your way to
    gaining the knowledge required to pass these examples. However, to
    improve your knowledge and understanding, thus going beyond what is
    required to pass these [simple] exams, there are far cheaper ways to
    do so. Microsoft provide excellent (often free) resources such as
    white paper's, technical documents and web casts, etc, etc.

    If your company pays for that training bundle, that's fine; but if you
    are paying for it, simply to get the exams, well to me the only
    winners are the company who takes your money, because having the certs
    will not improve your prospects a great deal, regardless of how good
    or bad the training is.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 29, 2004
  9. R K

    Moe Guest

    Kline? Sekeptical? Naaah!

    message

    Moe, May 29, 2004
  10. >Kline? Sekeptical? Naaah!

    lol!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 29, 2004
  11. R K

    Guest Guest

    Kline is known for his back handed comments.
    If something can be made fun of or some usueless comment
    can be made. He'll do it.

    Guest, Jun 1, 2004
  12. >Kline is known for his back handed comments.
    > If something can be made fun of or some usueless comment
    >can be made. He'll do it.

    it is real

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 1, 2004
  13. R K

    Alistair Guest

    If by "back handed comments" you mean:

    1. flaming cheats like cobol who sell braindumps to
    cheats, or
    2. flaming idiots too stupid to type "www.google.com" into
    their address bar, or to find microsoft's training and
    certification page

    then yes, he is known for that. If you post those types
    of items in this or any NG, you deserve to get flamed. If,
    however, someone has a genuine inquiry about .NET
    technology, or OOP, or the role of IT in business, or any
    other of a thousand things that many IT "professionals"
    wouldn't have a clue about, then (although many of the
    questions are off topic) the Kline Sphere and many other
    members of this NG are incredibly helpful. I know I've
    learned a lot just by reading some of the threads.

    That'll be $0.02, please.

    Alistair, Jun 1, 2004
  14. Thank you.

    On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 15:21:53 -0700, "Alistair"
    <> wrote:

    >If by "back handed comments" you mean:
    >
    >1. flaming cheats like cobol who sell braindumps to
    >cheats, or
    >2. flaming idiots too stupid to type "www.google.com" into
    >their address bar, or to find microsoft's training and
    >certification page
    >
    >then yes, he is known for that. If you post those types
    >of items in this or any NG, you deserve to get flamed. If,
    >however, someone has a genuine inquiry about .NET
    >technology, or OOP, or the role of IT in business, or any
    >other of a thousand things that many IT "professionals"
    >wouldn't have a clue about, then (although many of the
    >questions are off topic) the Kline Sphere and many other
    >members of this NG are incredibly helpful. I know I've
    >learned a lot just by reading some of the threads.
    >
    >That'll be $0.02, please.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 2, 2004
  15. R K

    Schfooge Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Kline is known for his back handed comments.
    > If something can be made fun of or some usueless comment
    > can be made. He'll do it.

    Kline's comments aren't useless. They always have entertainment value.
    Schfooge, Jun 5, 2004
  16. >Kline's comments aren't useless. They always have entertainment value.

    .... and are always accurate and to the point.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 5, 2004