    Thanks, hj

    --
    ______________________

    hugh jass, Feb 24, 2004

  2. hugh jass

    JabberSmith Guest

    Dunno bout the new ones, but we used to joke;

    What's the best way to upgrade your Acer and double it's value?

    Shit on it.

    JabberSmith, Feb 24, 2004

  3. hugh jass wrote:

    > I am on the verge of purchasing an Acer Aspire 2003. Good price, lots of
    > good features.
    > Does anyone have experience with recent Acer notebooks?
    > Anything good or bad to share?
    > The only limitation so far is that the video card is a 64Mb ATI® MOBILITY
    > RADEON 9200.
    > Sounds like a good card, but I am not sure it will stand the test in 3D
    > rendering. Oh well. guess you can't have everything.
    > Thanks, hj

    You shouldn't expect the same level of 3d performance as you can from a
    desktop.

    Acer's getting to be decent value for money. However, they're consumer
    products and I doubt wether they'd stand upto frequent travel as well as
    a Dell, IBM or Toshiba.

    --
    Groeten/Regards
    Jeroen Wijnands