    am considering one of the 19" Viewsonics.
    Anyone using these? Opinions? Ease of calibration?
    Thanks.

    Steven Wandy, May 22, 2004

  2. Steven Wandy

    [BnH] Guest

    Which ones ?

    E90 ? G90[f] ? PF790 ? or their LCD range ?

    PF790 is using a Trinitron tube .. and their colour quality is not bad.
    But I think they are phased out already [in Australia anyway as we are one
    of their reseller]

    =bob=

    [BnH], May 22, 2004

  3. Steven Wandy

    Charlie Self Guest

    Steven Wandy asks:

    >My Mistubishi monitor is slowly dying on me (it is about 6 years old) and I
    >am considering one of the 19" Viewsonics.
    >Anyone using these? Opinions? Ease of calibration?

    I've got an E790. About 5 years old now, I think. No problems whatsoever. I
    have not tried calibrating it, though, so can't help you there.

    I don't think this model is considered the top graphics model from Viewsonic.
    It was their cheapest 19" when I bought it.

    Charlie Self
    "Bore, n.: A person who talks when you wish him to listen." Ambrose Bierce, The
    Devil's Dictionary

    Charlie Self, May 22, 2004
  4. Steven Wandy

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Steven Wandy wrote:

    > My Mistubishi monitor is slowly dying on me (it is about 6 years old) and I
    > am considering one of the 19" Viewsonics.
    > Anyone using these? Opinions? Ease of calibration?
    > Thanks.

    I have a 17" Viewsonic (A70f+) and I have never seen a monitor that even
    comes close to this one. Resolution, color, brightness, restoration,
    all as are close to perfect as I could hope for.

    Ron Hunter, May 22, 2004
  5. Steven Wandy

    Mark Johnson Guest

    "Steven Wandy" <> wrote:

    > My Mistubishi monitor is slowly dying on me (it is about 6 years old) and I
    >am considering one of the 19" Viewsonics.
    >Anyone using these? Opinions? Ease of calibration?
    >Thanks.

    Viewsonic, here, as well. But I am impressed with some of these flat
    displays that I see. I've always been impressed with Mac equipment (if
    only Apple had gone generic at some point . . but). There don't seem
    to be a lot of the dull, washed out monitors one saw about a year and
    a half ago. You can walk up and down Fry's for example and see one
    good monitor after another (though you might want to avoid the premium
    of paying retail, and go online?).

    Mark Johnson, May 22, 2004
  6. Steven Wandy

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "Steven Wandy"

    >My Mistubishi monitor is slowly dying on me (it is about 6 years old) and I
    >am considering one of the 19" Viewsonics.
    >Anyone using these? Opinions? Ease of calibration?

    We have three of the 21" models, the two out right now are the P815
    Professional and the GS 815 Graphic Series.

    No problems, highly recommended, easy to calibrate assuming you have a good
    graphics card (I'm using the Spyder from ColorVision for monitor cal).

    When one dies I'll probably get the Sony Artisan but we've been happy with the
    Viewsonics.

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, May 22, 2004
  7. Steven Wandy

    ERich10983 Guest

    >>am considering one of the 19" Viewsonics.

    When my laptop display was slowly dying, I took it in to Best Buy on a Monday
    morning and hooked it up to several LCD displays so I could compare using my
    own images. I finally settled on the 19" Sony as having the best brightness and
    color. I've since been very happy with it.

    My needs were a little different since I use it in my fifth wheel camper when
    traveling. I would consider it as more than adequate for a home system though.

    Earle Rich
    Mont Vernon, NH

    ERich10983, May 23, 2004
  8. Bill Hilton wrote:

    > We have three of the 21" models, the two out
    > right now are the P815 Professional and the
    > GS 815 Graphic Series.
    >
    > No problems, highly recommended, easy to
    > calibrate assuming you have a good graphics
    > card (I'm using the Spyder from ColorVision
    > for monitor cal).

    Ditto. P815 for a couple of years. Very happy.
    Before that, an NEC, and it was good, but the
    Viewsonic is better.

    Langenschweiler, May 23, 2004
  9. Steven Wandy

    Jim Davis Guest

    On Sat, 22 May 2004 05:26:21 GMT, "Steven Wandy" <>
    wrote/replied to:

    > My Mistubishi monitor is slowly dying on me (it is about 6 years old) and I
    >am considering one of the 19" Viewsonics.
    >Anyone using these? Opinions? Ease of calibration?
    >Thanks.

    My Viewsonic 19 died after 6 years recently.

    I bought a new Mitsubishi Diamondtron M2 19 inch and really love it.

    It's not that expensive but had great features.

    Jim Davis, May 23, 2004
  10. Steven Wandy

    TheNewsGuy Guest

    >>>am considering one of the 19" Viewsonics.

    I am using a ViewSonic 19" E90f right now. It was a discontinued
    model, not popular because of the deep housing taking up a lot of desk
    space. Since that was not a concern for me, having a lot of room on
    the desk I bought it. I don't know how it compares to other models or
    brands but I do know I have been very happy with it using my ATI card
    I can go to 1600 x 1200 pixels, although I use it in the 1024 x 768
    mode.

    The software has a lot of color adjustment options to match your needs
    as well as adjust for room lighting.

    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    + The News Guy(Mike) - Seinfeld Lists
    + (two mirrored sites)
    + http://membres.lycos.fr/tnguym
    + http://waveprohosting.com/tnguym
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    TheNewsGuy, May 23, 2004
  11. Steven Wandy

    Donald Gray Guest

    LCD Monitors. Was: Opinion on Viewsonic Monitors

    On Sat, 22 May 2004 16:03:16 +1000, "[BnH]" <b18ATiinetDOTnetDOTaus>
    wrote:

    >Which ones ?
    >
    >E90 ? G90[f] ? PF790 ? or their LCD range ?
    >
    >PF790 is using a Trinitron tube .. and their colour quality is not bad.
    >But I think they are phased out already [in Australia anyway as we are one
    >of their reseller]
    >
    >=bob=
    >
    >"Steven Wandy" <> wrote in message
    >> My Mistubishi monitor is slowly dying on me (it is about 6 years old) and

    >> am considering one of the 19" Viewsonics.
    >> Anyone using these? Opinions? Ease of calibration?
    >> Thanks.

    In my humble opinion, LCD monitors (which seem to be the flavour of
    the month for their slim line) should not be used for photographic
    editing.

    Whilst they do render a good (or even poor) image and present a nice
    and reasonably accurate representation of the image file, the LCD
    monitor does not seem to have the subtle variance control that a CRT
    monitor has.

    LCDs also need to be viewed from a very narrow band of angle - tilt it
    higher or lower will give an entirely different representation to the
    eye.

    Ergo; the LCD monitor, in theory, needs to be 'Angle Calibrated' to
    give a consistent and repeatable latitude representation. This need
    may become even more important as more folk change over to LCD
    monitors: Imagine an image 'enhanced' by someone using an LCD monitor
    with his viewing angle too high being viewed on an LCD monitor with
    the viewing angle set too low...

    A CRT does not have a 'narrow viewing angle' and seems to be more
    responsive in showing subtle changes in colour or density/contrast
    when editing a photo.

    Food for thought.
    --
    Donald Gray
    www.odcombe.demon.co.uk

    Donald Gray, May 23, 2004
  12. Steven Wandy

    sun lei Guest

    sun lei, May 25, 2004
  13. Steven Wandy

    Sam Guest

    "Steven Wandy" <> wrote in message news:<1wBrc.90585$>...
    > My Mistubishi monitor is slowly dying on me (it is about 6 years old) and I
    > am considering one of the 19" Viewsonics.
    > Anyone using these? Opinions? Ease of calibration?
    > Thanks.

    I just purchased a 19" Viewsonic E90 for $199.00 from PC CONNECTION.
    If you shop at one of the no named stores you can pick this up at
    around $170.00 but not sure who is reputable as a company . Its a nice
    montor with great Controls/colors. .21mm is a great pitch that gives
    good picture quality and great for gaming. The ONLY Negative is these
    CRT Monitors are Still HEAVY 41 LBS So be careful lifting it to the
    room you want it. Comes with easy to install swivel stand and cords.
    I sold my old 17" monitor on ebay and purchased the Viewsonic. Good
    luck - Sam

    Sam, May 27, 2004
  14. Steven Wandy

    Gary Guest

    Got a 19" viewsonic flatscreen lcd. Love it

    Gary, May 27, 2004