opinion on braindumps and questions people ask

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Robert Boesen, Jun 6, 2004.

  1. I am new to this news group but over the past month or so I have seen people
    put down for asking legitimate questions and slammed for using different
    materials (braindumps) to study. When you sit down and look at the
    certification it is not the piece of paper which indicates the ability to
    perform the tasks. It is the performance of the job which indicates the
    value of the certification. So if a person is achieving their certification
    using the method of study which fills the short term memory with information
    when it comes to the performance they will fail. I look at it this way,
    since people are doing this it has required employers to improve the
    interview process to weed out the weak, Since I have received my
    certification a legitimate way I don't worry about those interviews and I
    don't worry about my performance. If they want to spend a great deal of
    money to buy these products to help them study then let them waste their
    money. It is not going to help them get a job. I have spent many years
    working with people who can talk smack, but when it comes to performance
    they are fired because they can not do even the simplest of things. Yes I
    consider these products to be cheating that is why I have spent thousands of
    dollars, and countless hours working with each product so I know what is
    going on. Not to mention I seek out those who have the experience so I can
    learn new material and apply it. I am not saying we should not tell these
    people they are cheating, what I am saying is maybe less effort should be
    spent on that and more time helping those with legitimate questions.
    Sarcasm seen in this news groups directed at people with legitimate
    questions do just as much to de-value our certifications as does the person
    who uses braindumps. As professionals we should be professionals.
    Robert Boesen, Jun 6, 2004

  2. >When you sit down and look at the
    >certification it is not the piece of paper which indicates the ability to
    >perform the tasks. It is the performance of the job which indicates the
    >value of the certification.

    What you have just said is that 'achieving an ms certification does
    not mean the person is certified', for which I agree This begs the
    question what is the point if the certification if it does not prove a
    damn thing?

    This, to me, is the biggest problem. To get back to the level where ms
    certifications actual means something, the whole process needs to
    change.

    >Sarcasm seen in this news groups directed at people with legitimate
    >questions do just as much to de-value our certifications as does the person
    >who uses braindumps.

    In all honesty, there would be few 'legitimate questions' of any
    relevance which would not break the nda.

    As far as sarcasm goes, well if people are to lazy & stupid and are
    unable to perform the most basic of research, well quite frankly those
    type of people have no business in IT.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 6, 2004

  3. I agree with you that the value of certification has been reduced by people
    who seek and achieve it without knowing more than just the theory behind it.
    But until the people who are achieving the certification stop sharing what
    is on the test it is not going to stop. The military takes action against
    people who participate in test compromise with jail time. It will not be
    until Microsoft takes action against these people will it stop. When I see
    posting such as I have these dumps and will share them I wonder why nothing
    is done. Maybe some type of system could be put in place for employers to
    notify Microsoft when a person who has certification applies for a job doesn
    't know their ass from a wide spot in the road.

    I also agree with you regarding people who do not have the knowledge to make
    simple searches such as Google or to go to the Microsoft site to research
    the information should not be in the IT world. But do we have to attack
    them in a way which is unprofessional. Not to mention the attacks on people
    who do know what is going on but others feel the need to play games with
    words.

    Robert

    Robert Boesen, Jun 6, 2004