    a lot more.

    Just want a few opinions based on both.

    Thanks in advance.

    dthmtlgod, Oct 30, 2007

  2. dthmtlgod

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Frankly I prefered the MS Press Self-Paced Study Kits which come with the
    Readiness Review questions. The engine is MeasureUp and the questions are
    good prep for the exam!

    Good luck!

    Mitch Garvis, MCT
    MCSA, MCITP, MCDST, MCTS
    Visit my blog at http://feeds.feedburner.com/MitchGBlog
    ---

    Montreal MCT, Oct 30, 2007

  3. Those are good because its cheaper to buy a book and get those CD's in the
    back, but I would say Trancender is better than MeasureUp on quaility
    though. I'm not saying MeasureUp is no good, its just not as good. So if you
    want to save money take Mitch's advice because you will also get a decent
    book to use as a study guide for less money then either company sells a
    practice exam.

    --
    ..rev

    accepting it"
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Oct 31, 2007
  4. Given only the two choices, I prefer measureup as usually people are only
    going to need the material for a few weeks and if you dont have an enterprise
    agreement with transcender, the cost for each one is far higher for a length
    of time you are not likely to need the practice test for.

    As the other MCTs in this thread have indicated, the practice exams that
    come with the training kit are always a good option in that they use a decent
    engine, have some good questions, and are very affordable, comparatively.

    The only caution I would make here is that you should definitely be careful
    that you recognize the exam question pool that comes with the book exam tools
    is going to be limited.
    --
    Wayne Anderson

    Wayne Anderson, Oct 31, 2007
  5. dthmtlgod

    Guest

    The only thing I'd add is that MSPress books aren't the only books
    that provide practice test questions. Many publishers include CDs in
    the books that include practice test questions.

    Darril Gibson
    MCT, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSE, MCSD
    Mcitpsuccess.com
    Author, MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Administration All-in-One Exam
    Guide (Exams 70-431, 70-443, & 70-444)

    On Oct 31, 4:06 pm, Wayne Anderson <>
    wrote:
    > Given only the two choices, I prefer measureup as usually people are only
    > going to need the material for a few weeks and if you dont have an enterprise
    > agreement with transcender, the cost for each one is far higher for a length
    > of time you are not likely to need the practice test for.
    >
    > As the other MCTs in this thread have indicated, the practice exams that
    > come with the training kit are always a good option in that they use a decent
    > engine, have some good questions, and are very affordable, comparatively.
    >
    > The only caution I would make here is that you should definitely be careful
    > that you recognize the exam question pool that comes with the book exam tools
    > is going to be limited.
    > --
    > Wayne Andersonhttp://blog.avanadeadvisor.com/blogs/waynea/
    >

    > "The Rev [MCT]" wrote:
    > > Those are good because its cheaper to buy a book and get those CD's in the
    > > back, but I would say Trancender is better than MeasureUp on quaility
    > > though. I'm not saying MeasureUp is no good, its just not as good. So if you
    > > want to save money take Mitch's advice because you will also get a decent
    > > book to use as a study guide for less money then either company sells a
    > > practice exam.

    > > --
    > > ..rev

    > > "It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain a thought without
    > > accepting it"
    > > ~Aristotle
    > > ..
    > > "Montreal MCT" <> wrote in message
    > > > Frankly I prefered the MS Press Self-Paced Study Kits which come with the
    > > > Readiness Review questions. The engine is MeasureUp and the questions are
    > > > good prep for the exam!

    > > > Good luck!

    > > > --
    > > > Mitch Garvis, MCT
    > > > MCSA, MCITP, MCDST, MCTS
    > > > Microsoft MVP: Windows Server - Customer Experience
    > > > Visit my blog athttp://feeds.feedburner.com/MitchGBlog
    > > > ---

    , Nov 2, 2007
  6. dthmtlgod

    dthmtlgod Guest

    I took my 70-621 exam today and passed it. I purchased the MeasureUp
    practice tests based on recommendations here and read both 70-620 and 70-622
    books.

    I felt the exam was pretty simple, much simpler than the MCDST exams I took
    in 2005.

    dthmtlgod, Nov 20, 2007