    contain my operating system? TIA for any help offered.

    Regards,

    4D

    Fourdogs, Jul 3, 2004

  2. Fourdogs wrote:
    > I am making an exact copy of my C drive with Win XP home to another hard
    > drive on my machine, using retrospect by Dantz.. My C drive with XP is
    > configured as master and the drive I'm copying to is the slave on the
    > same cable. If I leave both drives connected, will my machine try to
    > boot from both drives or cause any other problems for me since both
    > contain my operating system? TIA for any help offered.

    What do you have set for boot media order (which to try a boot from
    first, then second, then third...) in BIOS?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    New June 23:

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 4, 2004

  3. Fourdogs

    Fourdogs Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Fourdogs wrote:
    > > I am making an exact copy of my C drive with Win XP home to another hard
    > > drive on my machine, using retrospect by Dantz.. My C drive with XP is
    > > configured as master and the drive I'm copying to is the slave on the
    > > same cable. If I leave both drives connected, will my machine try to
    > > boot from both drives or cause any other problems for me since both
    > > contain my operating system? TIA for any help offered.

    > What do you have set for boot media order (which to try a boot from
    > first, then second, then third...) in BIOS?
    >
    > --
    > Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    > New June 23:
    > Linux In 20 Steps: (at Blinkynet) http://snipurl.com/7amq

    Thanks for answering.

    1st removable device
    2nd ATAPI CD-rom
    3rd hard drive
    4th IBA 4.0.19 slot 0208

    --

    regards,
    4D

    Fourdogs, Jul 4, 2004
  4. Fourdogs wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> Fourdogs wrote:

    >> > I am making an exact copy of my C drive with Win XP home to another hard
    >> > drive on my machine, using retrospect by Dantz.. My C drive with XP is
    >> > configured as master and the drive I'm copying to is the slave on the
    >> > same cable. If I leave both drives connected, will my machine try to
    >> > boot from both drives or cause any other problems for me since both
    >> > contain my operating system? TIA for any help offered.

    >> What do you have set for boot media order (which to try a boot from
    >> first, then second, then third...) in BIOS?

    > 1st removable device
    > 2nd ATAPI CD-rom
    > 3rd hard drive
    > 4th IBA 4.0.19 slot 0208

    Well, then -- that's the order in which it will seek bootable devices.

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 4, 2004