  1. Is there any way to copy an operating system to a cd? I have a laptop that has
    XP Pro installed, but I have to reinstall an OS. Is there a way that I can
    copy it off the hard drive and to a cd?

    GT Grand Prix 00, Nov 12, 2004

  2. GT Grand Prix 00

    Thor Guest

    "GT Grand Prix 00" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is there any way to copy an operating system to a cd? I have a laptop that
    > has
    > XP Pro installed, but I have to reinstall an OS. Is there a way that I
    > can
    > copy it off the hard drive and to a cd?

    You cannot copy the installed OS files to a CD in order to reinstall it. You
    need the archived setup files. If the setup files are archived to a
    particular folder on your drive, and they contain the proper setup program,
    then you could copy *those* to a CD and conceivably reinstall your OS using
    that CD. Barring that situation, you will need the WindowsXP installation
    CD, or the computer manufacturer's recovery CD or recovery instructions if
    the recovery files exist on a separate drive partition.

    Thor, Nov 12, 2004

  3. GT Grand Prix 00

    Eric Guest

    No, you can only use Norton Ghost to create an image and copy to CDs.

    Eric, Nov 12, 2004
  4. GT Grand Prix 00

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "Eric" <> wrote in message
    > No, you can only use Norton Ghost to create an image and copy to CDs.

    But Norton Ghost while good(I use it myself)isn't the only drive image
    creating utility out there.

    Mark Mandell, Nov 12, 2004
  5. GT Grand Prix 00

    Nascar24Rulz Guest

    what exactly does norton ghost do? i am not familiar with it

    Nascar24Rulz, Nov 13, 2004