Opera's CEO will swim from Norway to the USA

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Unknown User, Apr 21, 2005.

  1. Unknown User

    Unknown User Guest

    Unknown User, Apr 21, 2005

  2. Unknown User

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <op.splbd1ypr3xrds@sony>, Unknown User says...
    > Opera 8 has just been released earlier this week and has had an amazing
    > return with over 600,000 downloads the first day.

    Is it better than Firefox ?
    --

    Alfred Molon

    http://www.molon.de/Galleries.htm - Photos from China, Myanmar, Brunei,
    Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Nepal, Egypt, Germany, Austria,
    Prague, Budapest, Singapore and Portugal

    Alfred Molon, Apr 21, 2005

  3. On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 17:30:57 +0100, Alfred Molon
    <> wrote:

    > In article <op.splbd1ypr3xrds@sony>, Unknown User says...
    >> Opera 8 has just been released earlier this week and has had an amazing
    >> return with over 600,000 downloads the first day.

    > Is it better than Firefox ?

    Yes, Yes, YEEEEEEES - that feels soooo good!

    --
    Whatever you do - do something.

    William Tasso, Apr 21, 2005
  4. Unknown User

    GreyWyvern Guest

    GreyWyvern, Apr 21, 2005
  5. Unknown User

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Alfred Molon wrote:

    > Is it better than Firefox ?

    Of course.

    And me thinks Jon may yank out the power lead from Opera's web server when
    he sees the downloads reach 999,999. After all, he's CEO -- who can stop
    him?

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Apr 21, 2005
  6. Unknown User

    Tony Raven Guest

    Toby Inkster wrote:
    > Alfred Molon wrote:
    >

    >>Is it better than Firefox ?

    > Of course.
    >
    > And me thinks Jon may yank out the power lead from Opera's web server when
    > he sees the downloads reach 999,999. After all, he's CEO -- who can stop
    > him?

    Doubt it. Given there are 10 towns in the USA called Norway, it'll be
    only a few yards swim in the local river/lake

    Tony ;-)

    Tony Raven, Apr 21, 2005
  7. Unknown User

    The One Guest

    "Tony Raven" <> wrote in message
    > Toby Inkster wrote:
    > > Alfred Molon wrote:
    > >

    > >>Is it better than Firefox ?

    > > Of course.
    > >
    > > And me thinks Jon may yank out the power lead from Opera's web server

    when
    > > he sees the downloads reach 999,999. After all, he's CEO -- who can stop
    > > him?
    > >

    > Doubt it. Given there are 10 towns in the USA called Norway, it'll be
    > only a few yards swim in the local river/lake
    >
    > Tony ;-)

    He said he will swim from Norway to the USA, if Norway is already inside the
    USA how can he swim to it if he is already there?

    The One, Apr 21, 2005
  8. On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 23:24:49 +0100, The One <> wrote:
    > "Tony Raven" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Given there are 10 towns in the USA called Norway, it'll be
    >> only a few yards swim in the local river/lake

    > He said he will swim from Norway to the USA, if Norway is already inside
    > the USA how can he swim to it if he is already there?

    Now don't start all that fillysofikal stuff round 'ere - you'll have the
    natives baying for blood.

    --
    Whatever you do - do something.

    William Tasso, Apr 21, 2005
  9. Unknown User

    robert blake Guest

    "William Tasso" <> wrote in

    > On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 17:30:57 +0100, Alfred Molon
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> In article <op.splbd1ypr3xrds@sony>, Unknown User says...
    >>> Opera 8 has just been released earlier this week and has had an amazing
    >>> return with over 600,000 downloads the first day.

    >> Is it better than Firefox ?

    > Yes, Yes, YEEEEEEES - that feels soooo good!

    i love opera and firefox.

    could never figure why Opera didn't get the same publicity as this latest
    firefox.

    firefox is my default browser now (love those awesome extensions)

    robert blake, Apr 22, 2005
  10. Unknown User

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Tony Raven wrote:

    > Doubt it. Given there are 10 towns in the USA called Norway, it'll be
    > only a few yards swim in the local river/lake

    He said he'd go via Iceland.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Apr 22, 2005
  11. Unknown User

    Tony Raven Guest

    robert blake wrote:

    > could never figure why Opera didn't get the same publicity as this latest
    > firefox.

    $'s? When both are equally good but one is free and one costs, its a no
    brainer IMO

    Tony

    Tony Raven, Apr 22, 2005
  12. On 4/21/2005 11:24 PM, The One said:

    > He said he will swim from Norway to the USA, if Norway is already inside the
    > USA how can he swim to it if he is already there?

    If you haven't stated that you consider Norway and the USA to be
    separate, it's perfectly possible. If I swam from the Isle of Wight to
    Southampton in England, it'd still be a swim from the UK to the UK. By
    analogy, swimming from a town called Norway (in the USA) to another part
    of the USA could be described as swimming from Norway to the USA. Clumsy
    usage, perhaps, but not inaccurate.

    David H

    David Harrison, Apr 22, 2005
  13. Unknown User

    Erik Guest

    On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 18:30:57 +0200, Alfred Molon
    <> wrote:

    >In article <op.splbd1ypr3xrds@sony>, Unknown User says...
    >> Opera 8 has just been released earlier this week and has had an amazing
    >> return with over 600,000 downloads the first day.

    >Is it better than Firefox ?

    IMHO Opera Ver 754u2 was better than Firefox, but Opera Ver 8.0 Build
    7561 hasn't been better for me because it keeps crashing when visiting
    my regular web pages. Opera has been my default browser since Ver 5.12
    but is now no longer my default browser.

    --
    Erik

    Erik, Apr 22, 2005
  14. Unknown User

    robert blake Guest

    Tony Raven <> wrote in

    > robert blake wrote:
    >>
    >> could never figure why Opera didn't get the same publicity as this
    >> latest firefox.
    >>

    > $'s? When both are equally good but one is free and one costs, its a
    > no brainer IMO

    does Opera cost?

    I must have a free version (haven't used it in a few months, since latest
    firefox came out)

    robert blake, Apr 22, 2005
  15. Unknown User

    Dylan Parry Guest

    robert blake wrote:

    > does Opera cost?

    Yes and no.

    > I must have a free version (haven't used it in a few months, since latest
    > firefox came out)

    Opera is free to use, as long as you don't mind there being
    advertisements displayed at the top of each window. Register it, and the
    ads disappear (as if by magic :)

    --
    Dylan Parry

    Dylan Parry, Apr 22, 2005
  16. Unknown User

    Unknown User Guest

    On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 04:53:18 -0300, Tony Raven <>
    wrote:

    > $'s? When both are equally good but one is free and one costs, its a no
    > brainer IMO

    I like Firefox pretty much, but one can't compare Opera and Firefox. We
    could compare Opera with the Mozilla Suite, but Opera is light years from
    Firefox and Mozilla. Opera is free of charge.

    http://www.auriance.com - http://www.auriance.net

    Unknown User, Apr 22, 2005
  17. Unknown User

    Tony Raven Guest

    Unknown User wrote:

    > Opera is free of charge.

    Only if you don't mind the adverts. Since I have all sorts of blocks to
    get rid of adverts, I'd rather use a free browser that doesn't subject
    me to them.

    Tony

    Tony Raven, Apr 22, 2005
  18. Unknown User

    Eric Jarvis Guest

    Toby Inkster wrote in
    <>:
    > Tony Raven wrote:
    >
    > > Doubt it. Given there are 10 towns in the USA called Norway, it'll be
    > > only a few yards swim in the local river/lake

    > He said he'd go via Iceland.

    Won't that mean the shopping will get wet?

    --
    eric
    www.ericjarvis.co.uk

    Eric Jarvis, Apr 22, 2005
  19. Unknown User

    KeithS Guest

    Eric Jarvis wrote:

    > Won't that mean the shopping will get wet?

    :))

    Bet that one will sail over some colonial's heads ;-)

    KeithS

    KeithS, Apr 22, 2005
  20. Unknown User

    Greg Schmidt Guest

    On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 19:28:29 +0100, KeithS wrote:

    > Eric Jarvis wrote:
    >
    >> Won't that mean the shopping will get wet?

    > :))
    >
    > Bet that one will sail over some colonial's heads ;-)

    Ah, that's what that noise was!

    --
    Greg Schmidt
    Trawna Publications http://www.trawna.com/