Opera will not STREAM this station for me...?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by David_nj_7@mailbolt.com, Dec 13, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Does this station STREAM for you... ???
    Hi... Here is a link to one of my favorite radio stations.

    http://tuner1.dc1.sonixtream.com/solon/media/tuner/Tuner?aff=610wip&useSame=true&type=IE

    I have dial-up... and when I click on the link, it takes an eternity to
    load, and then I see where it says UNDEFINED.

    Does it work for you guys? And if it does, what do I need to get it
    going on my machine.

    Thanks in advance

    DAVID

    Win98se
    Opera 9.02

    PS: No problems with other flash intensive sites.

    , Dec 13, 2006

  2. Freezer Guest

    If I don't respond to this post, the terrorists win.

    > Does this station STREAM for you... ???
    > Hi... Here is a link to one of my favorite radio stations.
    >
    > http://tuner1.dc1.sonixtream.com/solon/media/tuner/Tuner?aff=61
    > 0wip&useSame=true&type=IE
    >
    > I have dial-up... and when I click on the link, it takes an
    > eternity to load, and then I see where it says UNDEFINED.
    >
    > Does it work for you guys? And if it does, what do I need to
    > get it going on my machine.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > DAVID
    >
    > Win98se
    > Opera 9.02
    >

    > PS: No problems with other flash intensive sites.

    Trying setting the page option to "Identify as IE" or "Mask as
    IE". Lots of sites will freak out if they don't find IE on your
    system, even if the site will work perfecty fine with it.

    --
    My name is:
    ____ _

    Freezer, Dec 13, 2006

  3. Guest

    Freezer wrote:
    > If I don't respond to this post, the terrorists win.
    >
    > > Does this station STREAM for you... ???
    > > Hi... Here is a link to one of my favorite radio stations.
    > >
    > > http://tuner1.dc1.sonixtream.com/solon/media/tuner/Tuner?aff=61
    > > 0wip&useSame=true&type=IE
    > >
    > > I have dial-up... and when I click on the link, it takes an
    > > eternity to load, and then I see where it says UNDEFINED.
    > >
    > > Does it work for you guys? And if it does, what do I need to
    > > get it going on my machine.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance
    > >
    > > DAVID
    > >
    > > Win98se
    > > Opera 9.02
    > >

    > > PS: No problems with other flash intensive sites.

    > Trying setting the page option to "Identify as IE" or "Mask as
    > IE". Lots of sites will freak out if they don't find IE on your
    > system, even if the site will work perfecty fine with it.
    >
    > --
    > My name is:
    > ____ _
    > / ___| | |
    > | |__ _ __ ___ ___ ____ ___ _ __ | |
    > | __|| '__/ _ \/ _ \/_ // _ \| '__|| |
    > | | | | __/ __/ / /| __/| | |_|
    > |_| |_| \___|\___||___|\___||_| (_)
    > And my anti-drug is porn.
    > 2006 RSPW March Melee Champion
    > http://www.geocities.com/mysterysciencefreezer
    > http://freezer818.livejournal.com/

    Thanks Freezer.... tried your suggestions, and I have the same
    results.

    Thank You

    DAVID

    , Dec 14, 2006
  4. nobody > Guest

    wrote:
    > Does this station STREAM for you... ???
    > Hi... Here is a link to one of my favorite radio stations.
    >
    > http://tuner1.dc1.sonixtream.com/solon/media/tuner/Tuner?aff=610wip&useSame=true&type=IE
    >
    > I have dial-up... and when I click on the link, it takes an eternity to
    > load, and then I see where it says UNDEFINED.

    The reality is you *don't* want that particular stream. (some financial
    scheme/scam)

    I just tried it in Opera here and it worked, but I'm on DSL . Was this
    link specified for dialup with a different one for broadband? If not,
    they could have geared it for broadband only. I remember seeingthis when
    I was on dialup, and the results were pathetic with error messages and
    partial/interrupted streams.

    nobody >, Dec 14, 2006
  5. Guest

    nobody > wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Does this station STREAM for you... ???
    > > Hi... Here is a link to one of my favorite radio stations.
    > >
    > > http://tuner1.dc1.sonixtream.com/solon/media/tuner/Tuner?aff=610wip&useSame=true&type=IE
    > >
    > > I have dial-up... and when I click on the link, it takes an eternity to
    > > load, and then I see where it says UNDEFINED.

    > The reality is you *don't* want that particular stream. (some financial
    > scheme/scam)
    >
    > I just tried it in Opera here and it worked, but I'm on DSL . Was this
    > link specified for dialup with a different one for broadband? If not,
    > they could have geared it for broadband only. I remember seeingthis when
    > I was on dialup, and the results were pathetic with error messages and
    > partial/interrupted streams.

    Thanks... No, actually, this link was a link to listen LIVE to radio
    station 610 WIP out
    of Phila. Pa. Now.... I know things can get "buggy" with dial-up...
    however about a year ago I was able to listen to this station, although
    I don't remember if it was the same link to do it.

    Thanks

    DAVID

    , Dec 14, 2006
  6. Jim Byrd Guest

    Hi David - Links and steams OK (after a little delay) for me using IE6,

    --
    Regards, Jim Byrd

    In news:,
    <> typed:

    Jim Byrd, Dec 14, 2006
  7. On 13 Dec 2006 13:53:22 -0800, wrote:

    >Does this station STREAM for you... ???
    >Hi... Here is a link to one of my favorite radio stations.
    >
    >http://tuner1.dc1.sonixtream.com/solon/media/tuner/Tuner?aff=610wip&useSame=true&type=IE
    >
    >I have dial-up... and when I click on the link, it takes an eternity to
    >load, and then I see where it says UNDEFINED.
    >
    >Does it work for you guys? And if it does, what do I need to get it
    >going on my machine.

    It works here but I'm using Opera 9.10 Build 8678.
    --

    John

    John Morrison, Dec 14, 2006