    I've played with the Opera Tab options but nothing seems to fix this
    problem, this is the Main thing that pisses me off with Opera, plus its
    printing of Web pages are bad.
    Frank Williams, Dec 20, 2011

  2. On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 12:49:25 +1300, Mutlley <>
    wrote:

    >Frank Williams <> wrote:
    >

    >>How can I get Tabs and links to work the same as IE, like when you are
    >>using Google and click on a link, it jumps to that new opened Tab, IE
    >>does not do that.
    >>

    >>Thanks
    >>
    >>I've played with the Opera Tab options but nothing seems to fix this
    >>problem, this is the Main thing that pisses me off with Opera, plus its
    >>printing of Web pages are bad.
    >>

    >Why do you want it to emulate IE??

    That is because I like the way it does it.

    >By default IE always when I used
    >to use it open a new page rather than a tab.
    >
    >I haven't used IE for years so maybe it has changed to the same as
    >Opera, FF and Chrome..

    No, I select to open a new tab, why I do this is because I am getting
    some 10 or more pages that I want to read later, I cant seem to do this
    with Opera.

    When IE opens a new tab it does not jump to that Tab, but Opera does.
    Frank Williams, Dec 21, 2011

  3. Frank Williams

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>,
    , Frank Williams says...

    > On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 12:49:25 +1300, Mutlley <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Frank Williams <> wrote:
    > >

    > >>How can I get Tabs and links to work the same as IE, like when you are
    > >>using Google and click on a link, it jumps to that new opened Tab, IE
    > >>does not do that.
    > >>

    > >>Thanks
    > >>
    > >>I've played with the Opera Tab options but nothing seems to fix this
    > >>problem, this is the Main thing that pisses me off with Opera, plus its
    > >>printing of Web pages are bad.
    > >>

    > >Why do you want it to emulate IE??

    > That is because I like the way it does it.
    >
    > >By default IE always when I used
    > >to use it open a new page rather than a tab.
    > >
    > >I haven't used IE for years so maybe it has changed to the same as
    > >Opera, FF and Chrome..

    > No, I select to open a new tab, why I do this is because I am getting
    > some 10 or more pages that I want to read later, I cant seem to do this
    > with Opera.
    >

    > When IE opens a new tab it does not jump to that Tab, but Opera does.

    Huh? <Ctrl><tab> opens a new tab but leaves focus where is. <Shift>
    <tab> opens a new tab and takes focus there. Exactly same as IE -
    V11.60 Build 1185, on Linux.

    --
    Duncan.
    Dave Doe, Dec 21, 2011
  4. I caught a glimpse of Frank Williams <> on Wed, 21
    Dec 2011 11:10:34 +1300, writing in nz.comp:

    >How can I get Tabs and links to work the same as IE, like when you are
    >using Google and click on a link, it jumps to that new opened Tab, IE
    >does not do that.
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >I've played with the Opera Tab options but nothing seems to fix this
    >problem, this is the Main thing that pisses me off with Opera, plus its
    >printing of Web pages are bad.

    I'm not familiar with IE so despite being an Opera user I can't answer
    your question.

    There is plenty of Opera support in the newsgroup opera.general, so if
    you ask your question there nominate which version of Opera you are
    using and as much detail as you are able to provide.

    If you can't get help there then post back here and I'll try to help.

    I'm currently alternating between Google Chrome & Opera 11.60.
    I'm starting to prefer Chrome for browsing and reading newsletters
    despite Chrome lacking many of the features that Opera provides.
    --

    Erik
    Erik Vastmasd, Dec 21, 2011
  5. Frank Williams

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <-september.org>,
    , Dave Doe says...

    > In article <>,
    > , Frank Williams says...
    > >
    > > On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 12:49:25 +1300, Mutlley <>
    > > wrote:

    > > >Why do you want it to emulate IE??

    > > That is because I like the way it does it.
    > >
    > > >By default IE always when I used
    > > >to use it open a new page rather than a tab.
    > > >
    > > >I haven't used IE for years so maybe it has changed to the same as
    > > >Opera, FF and Chrome..

    > > No, I select to open a new tab, why I do this is because I am getting
    > > some 10 or more pages that I want to read later, I cant seem to do this
    > > with Opera.
    > >

    > > When IE opens a new tab it does not jump to that Tab, but Opera does.

    > Huh? <Ctrl><tab> opens a new tab but leaves focus where is. <Shift>
    > <tab> opens a new tab and takes focus there. Exactly same as IE -
    > V11.60 Build 1185, on Linux.

    correction - but you known what i mean - subst click, for tab.

    --
    Duncan.
    Dave Doe, Dec 21, 2011
  6. On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 18:00:08 +1300, Dave Doe <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >, Frank Williams says...
    >>
    >> On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 12:49:25 +1300, Mutlley <>
    >> wrote:

    >> >Why do you want it to emulate IE??

    >> That is because I like the way it does it.
    >>
    >> >By default IE always when I used
    >> >to use it open a new page rather than a tab.
    >> >
    >> >I haven't used IE for years so maybe it has changed to the same as
    >> >Opera, FF and Chrome..

    >> No, I select to open a new tab, why I do this is because I am getting
    >> some 10 or more pages that I want to read later, I cant seem to do this
    >> with Opera.
    >>

    >> When IE opens a new tab it does not jump to that Tab, but Opera does.

    >Huh? <Ctrl><tab> opens a new tab but leaves focus where is. <Shift>
    ><tab> opens a new tab and takes focus there. Exactly same as IE -
    >V11.60 Build 1185, on Linux.

    I am not using Keys just links from the Google page. ala Right click on
    link open in new Tab, shifts Focus to new Tab. IE does not do that..
    Frank Williams, Dec 21, 2011
  7. On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 16:37:13 +1100, Erik Vastmasd
    <> wrote:

    >I caught a glimpse of Frank Williams <> on Wed, 21
    >Dec 2011 11:10:34 +1300, writing in nz.comp:
    >
    >>How can I get Tabs and links to work the same as IE, like when you are
    >>using Google and click on a link, it jumps to that new opened Tab, IE
    >>does not do that.
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>
    >>I've played with the Opera Tab options but nothing seems to fix this
    >>problem, this is the Main thing that pisses me off with Opera, plus its
    >>printing of Web pages are bad.

    >I'm not familiar with IE so despite being an Opera user I can't answer
    >your question.
    >
    >There is plenty of Opera support in the newsgroup opera.general, so if
    >you ask your question there nominate which version of Opera you are
    >using and as much detail as you are able to provide.
    >
    >If you can't get help there then post back here and I'll try to help.
    >
    >I'm currently alternating between Google Chrome & Opera 11.60.
    >I'm starting to prefer Chrome for browsing and reading newsletters
    >despite Chrome lacking many of the features that Opera provides.

    I don't like Spyware so I stick to Opera & IE.
    Frank Williams, Dec 21, 2011
  8. On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 18:00:08 +1300, Dave Doe <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >, Frank Williams says...
    >>
    >> On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 12:49:25 +1300, Mutlley <>
    >> wrote:

    >> >Why do you want it to emulate IE??

    >> That is because I like the way it does it.
    >>
    >> >By default IE always when I used
    >> >to use it open a new page rather than a tab.
    >> >
    >> >I haven't used IE for years so maybe it has changed to the same as
    >> >Opera, FF and Chrome..

    >> No, I select to open a new tab, why I do this is because I am getting
    >> some 10 or more pages that I want to read later, I cant seem to do this
    >> with Opera.
    >>

    >> When IE opens a new tab it does not jump to that Tab, but Opera does.

    >Huh? <Ctrl><tab> opens a new tab but leaves focus where is. <Shift>
    ><tab> opens a new tab and takes focus there. Exactly same as IE -
    >V11.60 Build 1185, on Linux.

    Thanks.

    You gave me a Clue use Ctrl and Right Click + open new tab fixed it.

    Gee that been pissing me of for some time now.
    Frank Williams, Dec 21, 2011
  9. Frank Williams

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>,
    , Frank Williams says...

    > On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 18:00:08 +1300, Dave Doe <> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <>,
    > >, Frank Williams says...

    > >> That is because I like the way it does it.

    > >> No, I select to open a new tab, why I do this is because I am getting
    > >> some 10 or more pages that I want to read later, I cant seem to do this
    > >> with Opera.
    > >>

    > >> When IE opens a new tab it does not jump to that Tab, but Opera does.

    > >Huh? <Ctrl><tab> opens a new tab but leaves focus where is. <Shift>
    > ><tab> opens a new tab and takes focus there. Exactly same as IE -
    > >V11.60 Build 1185, on Linux.

    > Thanks.
    >
    > You gave me a Clue use Ctrl and Right Click + open new tab fixed it.
    >
    > Gee that been pissing me of for some time now.

    Why three steps, when it could be two - <Ctrl<click>, open the link in a
    new tab (focus does not change) - <Shift><click>, opens the link in a
    new tab with focus.

    --
    Duncan.
    Dave Doe, Dec 21, 2011
  10. Frank Williams

    Donchano Guest

    On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 16:37:13 +1100, Erik Vastmasd
    <> shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >I'm currently alternating between Google Chrome & Opera 11.60.
    >I'm starting to prefer Chrome for browsing and reading newsletters
    >despite Chrome lacking many of the features that Opera provides.

    There are several major issues I have with Chrome and have led me to
    use it only occasionally:

    1. It updates itself automatically without asking you first. IOW you
    have no choice.

    2. There is no keyboard shortcut or icon that allows you to clear the
    cache. Instead, you have to go through several steps to accomplish
    this.

    3. Chrome doesn't offer the same add-ons and other features of FF.

    4. Chrome doesn't even allow you add a Google toolbar - yet it doesn't
    offer the features that makes Google Toolbar so popular (yes ... I
    know Google has ceased development of their toolbar, but I still use
    it on FF and hope someone else will take up where Google left off.)

    5. Google ceased development on Google Toolbar for other browsers to
    force people to switch to Chrome.
    Donchano, Dec 21, 2011
  11. I caught a glimpse of Donchano <> on Thu, 22
    Dec 2011 09:59:42 +1300, writing in nz.comp:

    >On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 16:37:13 +1100, Erik Vastmasd
    ><> shouted from the highest rooftop:
    >
    >>I'm currently alternating between Google Chrome & Opera 11.60.
    >>I'm starting to prefer Chrome for browsing and reading newsletters
    >>despite Chrome lacking many of the features that Opera provides.

    >There are several major issues I have with Chrome and have led me to
    >use it only occasionally:
    >
    >1. It updates itself automatically without asking you first. IOW you
    >have no choice.
    >
    >2. There is no keyboard shortcut or icon that allows you to clear the
    >cache. Instead, you have to go through several steps to accomplish
    >this.
    >
    >3. Chrome doesn't offer the same add-ons and other features of FF.
    >
    >4. Chrome doesn't even allow you add a Google toolbar - yet it doesn't
    >offer the features that makes Google Toolbar so popular (yes ... I
    >know Google has ceased development of their toolbar, but I still use
    >it on FF and hope someone else will take up where Google left off.)
    >
    >5. Google ceased development on Google Toolbar for other browsers to
    >force people to switch to Chrome.

    I agree that the above are issues with using Chrome.
    --

    Erik
    Erik Vastmasd, Dec 22, 2011