Opera for Windows Beta 9 out

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mutlley, Oct 26, 2005.

  1. Mutlley

    Mutlley Guest

    Opera for Windows 9.0 Build 8031 Technology Preview 1 beta

    http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Opera_for_Windows/945720329/1

    Latest Changes:
    User Interface: Enhanced pop-up blocker to detect more unwanted
    pop-ups
    User Interface: Added new message console for warnings and error
    messages
    User Interface: Added opera:config for managing preferences
    User Interface: 'Find' feature now highlights all matches when
    searching for text on the page
    User Interface: Added internal source viewer
    User Interface: Implemented tab locking
    User Interface: New bookmark icon in address bar
    User Interface: Fix to prevent key presses being lost after using
    Alt+Tab
    User Interface: Updated search.ini
    User Interface: Changed keyboard shortcuts for closer cross-browser
    compatibility
    Messaging and Newsfeeds: Enabled new IMAP code
    Messaging and Newsfeeds: New account storage format
    Messaging and Newsfeeds: Added support for Atom 1.0
    Messaging and Newsfeeds: External embeds are now always allowed in
    newsfeeds, and are not disabled when the "Surpress external embeds"
    preference is set
    Messaging and Newsfeeds: Fix to prevent chat windows going blank when
    redrawing from cache
    Mutlley, Oct 26, 2005

  2. Mutlley

    Gordon Guest

    On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 09:05:12 +1300, Mutlley wrote:

    > Opera for Windows 9.0 Build 8031 Technology Preview 1 beta

    Oh jolly good show, the browser wars are happening, somewhere out the back
    in vapourware land lies the next MS browser. Our scanners still see it
    Sir, but it better move outherwise it will be in the battlefield of
    history.
    Gordon, Oct 27, 2005

  3. Mutlley

    Bret Guest

    On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 18:01:54 +1300, Gordon <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 09:05:12 +1300, Mutlley wrote:
    >
    >> Opera for Windows 9.0 Build 8031 Technology Preview 1 beta
    >>

    >Oh jolly good show, the browser wars are happening, somewhere out the back
    >in vapourware land lies the next MS browser. Our scanners still see it
    >Sir, but it better move outherwise it will be in the battlefield of
    >history.

    LOL
    Bret, Oct 27, 2005