    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com

    Old Gringo, Apr 21, 2007

  2. Old Gringo

    Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote:

    >Just giving it a whirl, not to shabby.
    >Open for any pointers.

    Middle click opens a new tab'd window

    If you ever come across a page you can't read for what ever reason
    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/afishermug1.html
    Press Shift-G (toggle) to make it readable - I use this a lot
    like with http://slashdot.org/ (increasing it's size blends
    everything).

    You can edit the INI file to right click on a pix and have it load in
    Irfanview - very handy http://www.aimwell.org/Help/Tips/tips.html

    Enjoy, it's a nice browser.
    --
    http://tinyurl.com/2nybpe

    , Apr 21, 2007

  3. Old Gringo

    CoMa Guest

    if you type
    /.
    in the URL address box
    and press enter
    then you come to the
    http://slashdot.org/ site

    CoMa, Apr 21, 2007
  4. Old Gringo

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-04-21, Old Gringo <> wrote:
    > Just giving it a whirl, not to shabby.
    > Open for any pointers.

    Learn about the 'site preferences' and 'content blocker'.

    Set the pop-up control to 'block unwanted pop-ups' so that you only get
    the pop-ups that you click for.

    Check out the 'quick preferences' on key F12

    Get some 'widgets' to play with :))

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Apr 21, 2007
  5. Old Gringo

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-04-21, Old Gringo <> wrote:
    > Just giving it a whirl, not to shabby.
    > Open for any pointers.

    I forgot to mention - have you found the opera.* newsgroups? They're on
    the free dedicated news-server news.opera.com if your usual news-server
    doesn't carry them.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Apr 21, 2007
  6. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 01:19:17 -0500, <> wrote:

    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Just giving it a whirl, not to shabby.
    >> Open for any pointers.

    > Middle click opens a new tab'd window
    >
    > If you ever come across a page you can't read for what ever reason
    > http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/afishermug1.html
    > Press Shift-G (toggle) to make it readable - I use this a lot
    > like with http://slashdot.org/ (increasing it's size blends
    > everything).
    >
    > You can edit the INI file to right click on a pix and have it load in
    > Irfanview - very handy http://www.aimwell.org/Help/Tips/tips.html
    >
    > Enjoy, it's a nice browser.
    > --
    > http://tinyurl.com/2nybpe

    All good things to know. Thank You

    --
    Old Gringo

    Old Gringo, Apr 21, 2007
  7. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 05:24:01 -0500, Whiskers <>
    wrote:

    > On 2007-04-21, Old Gringo <> wrote:
    >> Just giving it a whirl, not to shabby.
    >> Open for any pointers.

    > Learn about the 'site preferences' and 'content blocker'.
    >
    > Set the pop-up control to 'block unwanted pop-ups' so that you only get
    > the pop-ups that you click for.
    >
    > Check out the 'quick preferences' on key F12
    >
    > Get some 'widgets' to play with :))

    Thanks Whiskers, + is there a way to set the cursor to start at the bottom
    of the quote? Not a biggie as it is only 1 click to get it there. Just
    a thought.

    Old Gringo, Apr 21, 2007
  8. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 05:27:17 -0500, Whiskers <>
    wrote:

    > On 2007-04-21, Old Gringo <> wrote:
    >> Just giving it a whirl, not to shabby.
    >> Open for any pointers.

    > I forgot to mention - have you found the opera.* newsgroups? They're on
    > the free dedicated news-server news.opera.com if your usual news-server
    > doesn't carry them.

    I found a few at USENET, subscribed to Mail/News, low traffic. I will
    check out the one above and see what happens. Thanks again.

    Old Gringo, Apr 21, 2007
  9. Old Gringo

    wrote:

    > On 2007-04-21, Old Gringo <> wrote:
    >> Just giving it a whirl, not to shabby.
    >> Open for any pointers.

    > I forgot to mention - have you found the opera.* newsgroups? They're on
    > the free dedicated news-server news.opera.com if your usual news-server
    > doesn't carry them.

    I just logged on to news.opera.com and it seems as they are the same
    groups that I have on USENET via sbcglobal. I had ask a question
    opera.mail+news regarding the cursor. I labeled it important. Upon
    subscribing the opera.mail+news via news.opera.com here was my post
    complete with the important label. Fun <g> Now I have them both. :)

    Old Gringo, Apr 21, 2007
  10. Old Gringo

    wrote:

    > On 2007-04-21, Old Gringo <> wrote:
    >> Just giving it a whirl, not to shabby.
    >> Open for any pointers.

    > Learn about the 'site preferences' and 'content blocker'.
    >
    > Set the pop-up control to 'block unwanted pop-ups' so that you only get
    > the pop-ups that you click for.
    >
    > Check out the 'quick preferences' on key F12
    >
    > Get some 'widgets' to play with :))

    Tried a weather widget, no go, any for the US?

    Old Gringo, Apr 21, 2007
  11. Old Gringo

    wrote:

    > On 2007-04-21, Old Gringo <> wrote:
    >> Just giving it a whirl, not to shabby.
    >> Open for any pointers.

    > I forgot to mention - have you found the opera.* newsgroups? They're on
    > the free dedicated news-server news.opera.com if your usual news-server
    > doesn't carry them.

    Not sure of this just yet but the dual subscription appears to do dual
    posting when doing a reply.
    May have to dump one or the other.

    Old Gringo, Apr 21, 2007
  12. Old Gringo

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-04-21, Old Gringo <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 05:24:01 -0500, Whiskers <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On 2007-04-21, Old Gringo <> wrote:
    >>> Just giving it a whirl, not to shabby.
    >>> Open for any pointers.

    >> Learn about the 'site preferences' and 'content blocker'.
    >>
    >> Set the pop-up control to 'block unwanted pop-ups' so that you only get
    >> the pop-ups that you click for.
    >>
    >> Check out the 'quick preferences' on key F12
    >>
    >> Get some 'widgets' to play with :))
    >>

    > Thanks Whiskers, + is there a way to set the cursor to start at the bottom
    > of the quote? Not a biggie as it is only 1 click to get it there. Just
    > a thought.

    I don't use Opera's newsreader program - as a newsreader and emailer,
    Opera is an excellent web browser ;))

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Apr 21, 2007
  13. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 09:16:12 -0500, Whiskers <>
    wrote:

    > On 2007-04-21, Old Gringo <> wrote:
    >> On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 05:24:01 -0500, Whiskers <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> Learn about the 'site preferences' and 'content blocker'.
    >>>
    >>> Set the pop-up control to 'block unwanted pop-ups' so that you only get
    >>> the pop-ups that you click for.
    >>>
    >>> Check out the 'quick preferences' on key F12
    >>>
    >>> Get some 'widgets' to play with :))
    >>>

    >> Thanks Whiskers, + is there a way to set the cursor to start at the
    >> bottom
    >> of the quote? Not a biggie as it is only 1 click to get it there.
    >> Just
    >> a thought.

    > I don't use Opera's newsreader program - as a newsreader and emailer,
    > Opera is an excellent web browser ;))

    I am trying is all the way around. Quite nice if I say so myself. <g>

    Old Gringo, Apr 21, 2007
  14. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 09:12:07 -0500, Old Gringo <>
    wrote:

    > On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 05:27:17 -0500, Whiskers <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On 2007-04-21, Old Gringo <> wrote:
    >>> Just giving it a whirl, not to shabby.
    >>> Open for any pointers.

    >> I forgot to mention - have you found the opera.* newsgroups? They're on
    >> the free dedicated news-server news.opera.com if your usual news-server
    >> doesn't carry them.
    >>

    > Not sure of this just yet but the dual subscription appears to do dual
    > posting when doing a reply.
    > May have to dump one or the other.

    Apparently not, must have been a goof by me.

    Old Gringo, Apr 21, 2007
  15. Old Gringo

    wrote:

    > On 2007-04-21, Old Gringo <> wrote:
    >> On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 05:24:01 -0500, Whiskers <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> Learn about the 'site preferences' and 'content blocker'.
    >>>
    >>> Set the pop-up control to 'block unwanted pop-ups' so that you only get
    >>> the pop-ups that you click for.
    >>>
    >>> Check out the 'quick preferences' on key F12
    >>>
    >>> Get some 'widgets' to play with :))
    >>>

    >> Thanks Whiskers, + is there a way to set the cursor to start at the
    >> bottom
    >> of the quote? Not a biggie as it is only 1 click to get it there.
    >> Just
    >> a thought.

    > I don't use Opera's newsreader program - as a newsreader and emailer,
    > Opera is an excellent web browser ;))

    Voice enchanted browsing, what a trip. I am sold on OPERA :)

    Old Gringo, Apr 21, 2007
  16. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 01:19:17 -0500, <> wrote:

    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Just giving it a whirl, not to shabby.
    >> Open for any pointers.

    > Middle click opens a new tab'd window
    >
    > If you ever come across a page you can't read for what ever reason
    > http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/afishermug1.html
    > Press Shift-G (toggle) to make it readable - I use this a lot
    > like with http://slashdot.org/ (increasing it's size blends
    > everything).
    >
    > You can edit the INI file to right click on a pix and have it load in
    > Irfanview - very handy http://www.aimwell.org/Help/Tips/tips.html
    >
    > Enjoy, it's a nice browser.
    > --
    > http://tinyurl.com/2nybpe

    Best thing since peanut-butter. :)

    Old Gringo, Apr 21, 2007
  17. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 01:31:44 -0500, CoMa <> wrote:

    It seems to be as good as it gets. I am sold on OPERA!

    Old Gringo, Apr 21, 2007
  18. Old Gringo

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-04-21, Old Gringo <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 05:24:01 -0500, Whiskers <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On 2007-04-21, Old Gringo <> wrote:
    >>> Just giving it a whirl, not to shabby.
    >>> Open for any pointers.

    >> Learn about the 'site preferences' and 'content blocker'.
    >>
    >> Set the pop-up control to 'block unwanted pop-ups' so that you only get
    >> the pop-ups that you click for.
    >>
    >> Check out the 'quick preferences' on key F12
    >>
    >> Get some 'widgets' to play with :))

    > Tried a weather widget, no go, any for the US?

    I don't know which ones you've tried, but there seem to be a few - I just
    clicked on 'Widgets - add widgets', entered weather into the search box,
    and got
    <http://widgets.opera.com/search/?search=weather&scope=all&x=0&y=0>

    "touchtheSky" seems to work OK for me - including for US places, although
    I'm in the UK. It has several functions to play with.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Apr 21, 2007
  19. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 11:11:21 -0500, Whiskers <>
    wrote:

    > On 2007-04-21, Old Gringo <> wrote:
    >> On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 05:24:01 -0500, Whiskers <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> Learn about the 'site preferences' and 'content blocker'.
    >>>
    >>> Set the pop-up control to 'block unwanted pop-ups' so that you only get
    >>> the pop-ups that you click for.
    >>>
    >>> Check out the 'quick preferences' on key F12
    >>>
    >>> Get some 'widgets' to play with :))

    >> Tried a weather widget, no go, any for the US?

    > I don't know which ones you've tried, but there seem to be a few - I just
    > clicked on 'Widgets - add widgets', entered weather into the search box,
    > and got
    > <http://widgets.opera.com/search/?search=weather&scope=all&x=0&y=0>
    >
    > "touchtheSky" seems to work OK for me - including for US places, although
    > I'm in the UK. It has several functions to play with.

    Thanks, I'll give them a try later.

    Old Gringo, Apr 21, 2007
  20. Whiskers wrote:
    > On 2007-04-21, Old Gringo <> wrote:
    >> Just giving it a whirl, not to shabby.
    >> Open for any pointers.

    > Learn about the 'site preferences' and 'content blocker'.
    >
    > Set the pop-up control to 'block unwanted pop-ups' so that you only get
    > the pop-ups that you click for.
    >
    > Check out the 'quick preferences' on key F12
    >
    > Get some 'widgets' to play with :))

    I doubt that you used "play with" because most of the Opera widgets are
    silly crap for 15-year olds (as versus most of the Firefox extensions,
    which have something to do with FF being a web browser), but that's what
    I find the majority to be.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups