    1. Advertising

  1. William Brown

    Peter K Guest

    Peter K, Jan 19, 2011

  2. William Brown

    Peter K Guest

    "Allistar" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Peter K wrote:
    >
    >> "William Brown" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> http://www.tcmagazine.com/tcm/news/software/34633/opera-browser-be-

    > loaded-sony-bravia-tvs-and-blu-ray-players
    >>
    >> Not a bad idea, but I hope they don't tie you down to one particular
    >> browser (we've seen the troubles that causes) - I'd rather choose my own.

    > Aren't you making that choice when you buy the TV (or not)?

    Apparently not. I must be protected from myself.

    Peter K, Jan 19, 2011
  3. William Brown

    Fred Guest

    Peter K wrote:
    > "Allistar" <> wrote in message
    >> Peter K wrote:
    >>
    >>> "William Brown" <> wrote in message

    >> loaded-sony-bravia-tvs-and-blu-ray-players
    >>>
    >>> Not a bad idea, but I hope they don't tie you down to one particular
    >>> browser (we've seen the troubles that causes) - I'd rather choose
    >>> my own.

    >> Aren't you making that choice when you buy the TV (or not)?

    > Apparently not. I must be protected from myself.

    Plug an old laptop into your tv and do anything you want to.

    Fred, Jan 19, 2011
  4. William Brown

    Peter K Guest

    "Fred" <> wrote in message
    > Peter K wrote:
    >> "Allistar" <> wrote in message

    >>> loaded-sony-bravia-tvs-and-blu-ray-players

    >>> Aren't you making that choice when you buy the TV (or not)?

    >> Apparently not. I must be protected from myself.

    > Plug an old laptop into your tv and do anything you want to.

    Yeah, to tell the truth I can't ever see me using a TV to browse the web.
    I'll always have a laptop lying around, or a "smart" phone, or some sort of
    ipad thingamy.

    Peter K, Jan 19, 2011
  5. William Brown

    Fred Guest

    Peter K wrote:
    > "Fred" <> wrote in message
    >> Peter K wrote:
    >>> "Allistar" <> wrote in message

    >>> Apparently not. I must be protected from myself.

    >> Plug an old laptop into your tv and do anything you want to.

    > Yeah, to tell the truth I can't ever see me using a TV to browse the
    > web. I'll always have a laptop lying around, or a "smart" phone, or
    > some sort of ipad thingamy.

    'Zaclee.

    Fred, Jan 20, 2011
  6. William Brown

    Enkidu Guest

    On 20/01/11 11:33, Allistar wrote:
    > Peter K wrote:
    >
    >> "William Brown"<> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> http://www.tcmagazine.com/tcm/news/software/34633/opera-browser-be-

    > loaded-sony-bravia-tvs-and-blu-ray-players
    >>
    >> Not a bad idea, but I hope they don't tie you down to one particular
    >> browser (we've seen the troubles that causes) - I'd rather choose my own.

    > Aren't you making that choice when you buy the TV (or not)?

    Are you making a choice of the brand of radio/music player when you buy
    a car?

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    The end excuses any evil - Sophocles

    Enkidu, Jan 20, 2011
  7. William Brown, Jan 20, 2011
  8. William Brown

    Richard Guest

    On 20/01/2011 8:13 p.m., Enkidu wrote:
    > On 20/01/11 11:33, Allistar wrote:
    >> Peter K wrote:
    >>
    >>> "William Brown"<> wrote in message

    >> loaded-sony-bravia-tvs-and-blu-ray-players
    >>>
    >>> Not a bad idea, but I hope they don't tie you down to one particular
    >>> browser (we've seen the troubles that causes) - I'd rather choose my
    >>> own.

    >> Aren't you making that choice when you buy the TV (or not)?
    > >

    > Are you making a choice of the brand of radio/music player when you buy
    > a car?

    Considering that most now have a BS non iso sized one with big retard
    buttons and no features, and since its not iso sized, its not swappable
    for something else, yes you are making that choice as one of many when
    choosing a car.

    Richard, Jan 21, 2011
  9. William Brown

    Richard Guest

    On 20/01/2011 11:33 a.m., Allistar wrote:
    > Peter K wrote:
    >
    >> "William Brown"<> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> http://www.tcmagazine.com/tcm/news/software/34633/opera-browser-be-

    > loaded-sony-bravia-tvs-and-blu-ray-players
    >>
    >> Not a bad idea, but I hope they don't tie you down to one particular
    >> browser (we've seen the troubles that causes) - I'd rather choose my own.

    > Aren't you making that choice when you buy the TV (or not)?

    Wonder if europe will ruin it and make them ship a tv without a browser
    and make the user choose one when they first turn it on making the setup
    process even more annoying for users.

    Richard, Jan 21, 2011
  10. William Brown

    Peter K Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > On 20/01/2011 11:33 a.m., Allistar wrote:
    >> Peter K wrote:
    >>
    >>> "William Brown"<> wrote in message

    >> loaded-sony-bravia-tvs-and-blu-ray-players
    >>>
    >>> Not a bad idea, but I hope they don't tie you down to one particular
    >>> browser (we've seen the troubles that causes) - I'd rather choose my
    >>> own.

    >> Aren't you making that choice when you buy the TV (or not)?

    > Wonder if europe will ruin it and make them ship a tv without a browser
    > and make the user choose one when they first turn it on making the setup
    > process even more annoying for users.

    I doubt they will. I think the case with Microsoft Windows was based on the
    fact that Microsoft had a monopoly on the browser and OS market. Sony
    doesn't have a monopoly on TVs.

    On the other hand, I hope the EU does. Then they can ban car manufacturers
    from installing specific radios, navigation units, or air-con units by
    default. After that, they can ban letterbox manufactures from installing
    specific poles by default on their letterboxes. And, hopefully move on to
    banning toaster makers from including their own handle on the little
    push-down lever, and instead let the consumer select which manufaturer's
    handle they want on their toaster.

    Peter K, Jan 21, 2011
  11. William Brown

    Enkidu Guest

    On 21/01/11 09:55, Allistar wrote:
    > Enkidu wrote:

    >>> Aren't you making that choice when you buy the TV (or not)?
    >>>

    >> Are you making a choice of the brand of radio/music player when you
    >> buy a car?

    > It's part of the entire package, so yes. If I am passionate enough
    > about not wanting a particular brand of stereo in my car, I will take
    > that into account when buying it.

    You'd buy a car based on what stereo it had in it? Hahahahahahah!

    Enkidu, Jan 21, 2011
  12. On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 19:09:22 +1300, Enkidu <>
    wrote:

    >On 21/01/11 09:55, Allistar wrote:

    >>> Are you making a choice of the brand of radio/music player when you
    >>> buy a car?

    >> It's part of the entire package, so yes. If I am passionate enough
    >> about not wanting a particular brand of stereo in my car, I will take
    >> that into account when buying it.
    >>

    >You'd buy a car based on what stereo it had in it? Hahahahahahah!
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Cliff

    Seems that both of these Devises are fitted with WiFi as my old Boss
    install this bundle a week ago..

    William Brown, Jan 21, 2011