Opera 7.51 and Cnet crashes

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Damos, Feb 11, 2005.

  1. Damos

    Damos Guest

    Over the last couple of days I have been unable to access www.cnet.com
    without crashing Opera7.54 nad Opera 8.0b1 even when
    I pretend to be IE6.0. Initialy I thought it was a flash problem as I
    thought it crashed when accessing the flash video review page
    but now I'm not sure as I can see the flash at the macromedia site OK.

    Installed itunes the other day which came with quicktime (since
    uninstalled), but havent changed anything else. (as well as reinstalling
    opera8)
    IE6.0 is ok.

    So could an opera user try www.cnet.com to confirm its a problem on my pc.

    Thanks

    Damos

    --
    "It's a foreboding I have - maybe ill placed - of my children's generation
    or my grandchildren's generation ... when clutching our horoscopes, our

    Carl Sagan.
    Damos, Feb 11, 2005

  2. Damos wrote:

    >So could an opera user try www.cnet.com to confirm its a problem on my pc.

    Works fine for me:

    Opera
    Version information
    Version 7.54
    Build 3869
    Platform Win32
    System Windows XP
    Java Sun Java Runtime Environment version 1.5
    VoiceXML Plugin not available
    Steve Marshall, Feb 11, 2005

  3. Damos

    Howard Guest