    click on a link in an email or newsgroup post, is there a way to get this to
    work?
    Thanks for any replies.

    exntluser, Nov 18, 2009

  2. On 11/18/2009 3:02 PM exntluser expressed the following: -
    > When using Opera v10.01, I've found that it will not open web pages when I
    > click on a link in an email or newsgroup post, is there a way to get this to
    > work?
    > Thanks for any replies.

    Did you set it as the default browser for links in external applications?

    --
    Diabolic Preacher
    As Is

    Diabolic Preacher, Nov 18, 2009

  3. exntluser

    exntluser Guest

    "Diabolic Preacher" <> wrote in message
    > On 11/18/2009 3:02 PM exntluser expressed the following: -
    >> When using Opera v10.01, I've found that it will not open web pages when
    >> click on a link in an email or newsgroup post, is there a way to get this
    >> work?
    >> Thanks for any replies.
    >>

    > Did you set it as the default browser for links in external applications?

    How do I do that please?

    exntluser, Nov 18, 2009
  4. exntluser

    VanguardLH Guest

    exntluser wrote:

    > Diabolic Preacher wrote ...
    >
    >> exntluser:
    >>>
    >>> When using Opera v10.01, I've found that it will not open web pages
    >>> when I click on a link in an email or newsgroup post, is there a
    >>> way to get this to work?

    >> Did you set it as the default browser for links in external
    >> applications?
    >>

    > How do I do that please?

    Depends on which operating system you are using. Opera supports
    several. See the list here:

    http://www.opera.com/browser/download/?custom=yes

    Opera doesn't include its own help? If using Windows and from the
    following Google search:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=%2Bopera+%2B"default+web+browser"+%2Bwindows

    I found this help article:

    http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/settings/

    VanguardLH, Nov 18, 2009
  5. exntluser

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 12:01:51 -0000, exntluser wrote:

    >"Diabolic Preacher" <> wrote in message
    >> On 11/18/2009 3:02 PM exntluser expressed the following: -
    >>> When using Opera v10.01, I've found that it will not open web pages when

    Opera wouldn't open the link and nothing else did either?

    >>> click on a link in an email or newsgroup post, is there a way to get this
    >>> work?
    >>> Thanks for any replies.
    >>>

    >> Did you set it as the default browser for links in external applications?
    >>

    >How do I do that please?

    That would be the usual sort of place.

    Tools / Preferences / Advanced / Helper Applications
    My 1 entry is ,
    Protocol mailto
    Program Opera

    F1 / or Help / Opera Help
    See - Protocol manager

    or

    MS Windows Explorer
    Tools / Folder Options / File Types
    There are entries for HTM, HTML and so on.
    Entries for URLs, FIreFox, Safari depending on what's installed.

    You could also try MSIE ,
    Tools / Internet Options / Programs
    for the options email, newsgroups select what ever browser / app in the
    list you want to open the type of links with.

    Me

    why?, Nov 18, 2009
  6. exntluser

    thanatoid Guest

    Terry Heinz <> wrote in

    > On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 09:32:19 -0000, exntluser wrote:
    >
    >>When using Opera v10.01, I've found that it will not open
    >>web pages when I click on a link in an email or newsgroup
    >>post, is there a way to get this to work?

    I ran into this - one of two or three MINUSCULE problems I had
    with Opera10USB, the other ones having been solved as well,
    IIRC.

    And just a few days ago, completely by accident, I found the
    solution.

    Previously, when I clicked on a link in an NG post or something,
    Opera would open, but only to my default start/home page. So I
    got in the habit of copying links and pasting them - no big
    deal, although certainly less convenient.

    Anyway, the other day I had Opera running, on my home page
    (www./google.com/ncr), and I automatically double clicked on a
    link in a NG post. Lo and behold, a new tab opened in Opera and
    went to that address. It continues to work, WHY I do not
    understand.

    Just in case it helps...

    --
    There are only two classifications of disk drives: Broken drives
    and those that will break later.

    thanatoid, Nov 19, 2009