OpenSolaris

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Max Barwell, Jun 16, 2005.

  1. Max Barwell

    Max Barwell Guest

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 04:41:16 +1200, no-spam> wrote:

    > Has any one tried OpenSolaris yet?
    > If you have, any Comments, opinions ?
    > How much different to Solaris 10 ?
    >

    > thanks
    >
    > GLC

    It's not OS release unto itself, therefore there is not really anything to
    try, unless you have used the tools/source provided to augment the
    existing OS, I haven't done this myself, perhaps others here have?

    This excerpt from the FAQ should cover your first and third questions:

    What is the difference between the OpenSolaris project and the Solaris
    Operating System?

    The OpenSolaris project is not a product offering; rather, it is an open
    source project complete with source code and infrastructure for
    collaborative development at opensolaris.org.

    <rest of FAQ snipped>

    Regards,

    Max