    I have xp. I notice most of my programs etc open in mimimised windows, even
    if they are not from a shortcut. Is there anyway I can set my PC to open all
    my programes in a maximised window.?
    B Roberts, Jul 27, 2003

  2. "B Roberts" <> wrote in message
    news:3f2333ee$...
    > I have xp. I notice most of my programs etc open in mimimised windows,

    even
    > if they are not from a shortcut. Is there anyway I can set my PC to open

    all
    > my programes in a maximised window.?

    I assume that by "Minimized" you really mean just a program that doesn't
    completely fill the screen? This isn't up to XP, it's up to the coders of
    the individual programs. You can force a program to maxmised if you launch
    it from a shortcut and you change the properties of that shortcut for
    maximised window.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Jul 27, 2003

  3. B Roberts

    bambam Guest

    On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 13:41:52 +1200, B Roberts wrote:

    > I have xp. I notice most of my programs etc open in mimimised windows, even
    > if they are not from a shortcut. Is there anyway I can set my PC to open all
    > my programes in a maximised window.?

    Here is a small freeware program that might help-

    http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/
    bambam, Jul 27, 2003
  4. B Roberts

    Patrick Bold Guest

    I've never seen this problem with minimized windows. But keep in mind that
    XP does remember the maximized/restored status of each application window at
    the time the program is closed. Whether the state you're seeing was the
    application programmer's default choice or something you set once yourself,
    the solution is pretty simple: resize each application the way you want and
    then close it -- when you reopen, the application should be
    maximized/restored as you specified and will remain in that state until you
    change it. There are exceptions to this rule, of course, but it generally
    works well.

    Patrick Bold, Jul 27, 2003