    Since I am now using OpenOffice, can I completely uninstall OfficeXP from my
    computer.

    Thanx

    Bill, Feb 21, 2007

  2. Bill

    Gordon Guest

    Bill wrote:

    > Since I am now using OpenOffice, can I completely uninstall OfficeXP from
    > my computer.
    >
    > Thanx

    yes - as long as you aren't using Outlook....Open Office doesn't have an
    Outlook equivalent....

    Gordon, Feb 21, 2007

  3. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Thank-you, I never use Outlook Exp

    Bill, Feb 21, 2007
  4. Bill

    Gordon Guest

    Bill wrote:

    > Thank-you, I never use Outlook Exp

    Outlook is NOT the same as Outlook Express.....

    Gordon, Feb 21, 2007
  5. Gordon wrote:
    > Bill wrote:
    >
    >> Thank-you, I never use Outlook Exp

    > Outlook is NOT the same as Outlook Express.....

    And he (top) posted "I never use Outlook Exp" *from* Outlook Express.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 21, 2007
  6. Bill

    PeeCee Guest

    "Bill" <> wrote in message
    > Thank-you, I never use Outlook Exp
    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >> Bill wrote:
    >>
    >>> Since I am now using OpenOffice, can I completely uninstall OfficeXP
    >>> from
    >>> my computer.
    >>>
    >>> Thanx

    >> yes - as long as you aren't using Outlook....Open Office doesn't have an
    >> Outlook equivalent....

    Bill

    Outlook is a componet of 'Office' (email, contact manager, diary etc)
    Outlook Express is a standard part of Windows XP. (email, newsgroups)

    Gordon was pointing out if you remove 'Office' you will also remove
    'Outlook' not 'Outlook Express'

    Your comment 'never use Outlook Exp' is somewhat confusing given the headers
    from your post list your newsgroup client as "Outlook Express 6"

    What do you use for email?

    Paul.

    PeeCee, Feb 21, 2007
  7. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Thank-you, I do use Outlook Express but not "Outlook". Sorry for the
    confusion.

    Bill, Feb 21, 2007
  8. PeeCee wrote:

    > "Bill" <> wrote in message
    >> Thank-you, I never use Outlook Exp
    >> "Gordon" <> wrote in message

    >>> yes - as long as you aren't using Outlook....Open Office doesn't have an
    >>> Outlook equivalent....

    > Bill
    >
    > Outlook is a componet of 'Office' (email, contact manager, diary etc)
    > Outlook Express is a standard part of Windows XP. (email, newsgroups)
    >
    > Gordon was pointing out if you remove 'Office' you will also remove
    > 'Outlook' not 'Outlook Express'
    >
    > Your comment 'never use Outlook Exp' is somewhat confusing given the headers
    > from your post list your newsgroup client as "Outlook Express 6"
    >
    > What do you use for email?

    A wrench? ;)

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 21, 2007
  9. Bill

    Mike Easter Guest

    Bill wrote:
    > Thank-you, I do use Outlook Express but not "Outlook". Sorry for the
    > confusion.

    Bill, if you go back and read all of the messages in this thread, you
    will notice that there is something different about where your responses
    are placed compared to how everyone else 'talks'.

    That's because everyone else is having a conversation with each other,
    but /you/ aren't. So, your words look funny where they are and don't
    fit in. If everyone conversed like you, the conversation would be
    upside down; but instead, your part is upside down and their part is
    rightside up.

    Here's an article about the subject in a website for new newsgroup
    participants. http://members.fortunecity.com/nnqweb/nquote.html Q1:
    What is "quoting" in newsgroup postings? - Q2: How should I use the
    quoted text and arrange it with my own text?

    It is really very simple. When you hit reply, you don't start typing,
    you start trimming, except for the attribution. When you get to a part
    which represents the words you are going to reply to, you skip a line
    and type your words under there. Then you trim the rest of the way to
    the bottom, unless you find some more words you need to type under.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Feb 21, 2007
  10. Bill

    Scraggy Guest

    *May I suggest that you do a bit of research on 24HSHD*

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > Bill wrote:
    >> Thank-you, I do use Outlook Express but not "Outlook". Sorry for the
    >> confusion.

    > Bill, if you go back and read all of the messages in this thread, you
    > will notice that there is something different about where your
    >
    > That's because everyone else is having a conversation with each other,
    > but /you/ aren't. So, your words look funny where they are and don't
    > fit in. If everyone conversed like you, the conversation would be
    > upside down; but instead, your part is upside down and their part is
    > rightside up.

    *May I suggest that you do a bit of research on 24HSHD*

    > Here's an article about the subject in a website for new newsgroup
    > participants. http://members.fortunecity.com/nnqweb/nquote.html Q1:
    > What is "quoting" in newsgroup postings? - Q2: How should I use the
    > quoted text and arrange it with my own text?
    >
    > It is really very simple. When you hit reply, you don't start typing,
    > you start trimming, except for the attribution. When you get to a
    > part which represents the words you are going to reply to, you skip a
    > line and type your words under there. Then you trim the rest of the
    > way to the bottom, unless you find some more words you need to type
    > under.

    *May I suggest that you do a bit of research on 24HSHD*

    members. Groucho Marx

    Scraggy, Feb 21, 2007
  11. Bill

    Mike Easter Guest

    Scraggy wrote:
    > *May I suggest that you do a bit of research on 24HSHD*

    24hshd is not a microsoft.public group, where the MS MVPs lead the way
    and the newbies follow in their footsteps about generalized top posting
    with a minimum number of trimmed and contextualized posts. That would
    not be a good place to 'promote' proper posting, because the general
    crowd and the leaders top post. Those are unusual newsgroups, probably
    caused by MS's belief and configuration to favor corporate email TOFU
    textover fullquote under messaging and it 'spreads' into the newsgroup
    style.

    24hshd is mostly trimmed and contextualized. This thread is a pretty
    typical example.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Feb 21, 2007
  12. Bill

    Leythos Guest

    In article <yrUCh.47648$>,
    says...
    > Since I am now using OpenOffice, can I completely uninstall OfficeXP from my
    > computer.

    As long as you don't work with people/businesses that use MS Office you
    can use Open Office products without needing MS Office, but, if you have
    any MS Office documents, other than plain text, you might want to keep
    MS Office installed for the many times when formatting doesn't convert
    when opening in OO or when their spreadsheet doesn't open macro's or VB
    scripts or when their Power Point doesn't convert properly.

    Oh, if you use MS Outlook then you should not uninstall until you've
    moved your email to another product.

    *** WARNING - these links contain foul/pornographic content of an
    website ***
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/rlk/rlk.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/license.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/max.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/mpv.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/wtcpcb.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/cracks.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/Loutheasshole.htm
    All while spamming his company website at: http://www.seedsv.com

    Leythos, Feb 21, 2007
  13. Bill

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > PeeCee wrote:
    >>
    >> "Bill" <> wrote in message
    >>> Thank-you, I never use Outlook Exp
    >>> "Gordon" <> wrote in message

    >> Bill
    >>
    >> Outlook is a componet of 'Office' (email, contact manager, diary etc)
    >> Outlook Express is a standard part of Windows XP. (email, newsgroups)
    >>
    >> Gordon was pointing out if you remove 'Office' you will also remove
    >> 'Outlook' not 'Outlook Express'
    >>
    >> Your comment 'never use Outlook Exp' is somewhat confusing given the
    >> headers from your post list your newsgroup client as "Outlook
    >> Express 6"
    >>
    >> What do you use for email?

    > A wrench? ;)

    I prefer an oxy-acetylene torch...(that SOB is coming apart no matter WHAT)

    WhzzKdd, Feb 21, 2007
  14. Bill

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > Scraggy wrote:
    >> *May I suggest that you do a bit of research on 24HSHD*

    > 24hshd is not a microsoft.public group, where the MS MVPs lead the way
    > and the newbies follow in their footsteps
    >
    > 24hshd is mostly trimmed and contextualized. This thread is a pretty
    > typical example.

    One would hope.

    WhzzKdd, Feb 21, 2007
  15. Bill

    Vanguard Guest

    "Bill" <> wrote in message
    > Since I am now using OpenOffice, can I completely uninstall OfficeXP
    > from my computer.

    You will lose the spelling checker that comes with MS Office that is now
    available to you in Outlook Express. However, there are free spelling
    checkers for OE.

    Vanguard, Feb 22, 2007
  16. Bill

    Vanguard Guest

    "Bill" <> wrote in message
    > Since I am now using OpenOffice, can I completely uninstall OfficeXP
    > from my computer.

    Another point. OpenOffice uses its own macro language. MS Office has
    its own macro language. They aren't the same. If you have macros in
    Word or Excel, they won't run when you open the document in OpenOffice,
    and visa versa.

    Vanguard, Feb 22, 2007