OpenOffice.org v2 problem - exporting presentations

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by aum, Nov 20, 2005.

  1. aum

    aum Guest

    Hi,

    OpenOffice.org 2 is a major improvment over v1.

    But there's a major problem here - OOimpress presentations I've created
    within Debian Linux, and exported into Win2k/xp format, won't load (using
    a winxp laptop running O2k).

    Anyone else seen this?

    I partly worked around it by exporting into OOImpress v1 format, loading
    OOImpress1 and then exporting into win2k/xp format. Worked, but ended up
    with a messy layout that needed some manual cleanup.

    Any better workarounds?

    ---

    Cheers
    aum

    aum, Nov 20, 2005

  2. aum

    Gordon Guest

    On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 15:55:40 +1300, aum wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > OpenOffice.org 2 is a major improvment over v1.
    >
    > But there's a major problem here - OOimpress presentations I've created
    > within Debian Linux, and exported into Win2k/xp format, won't load (using
    > a winxp laptop running O2k).
    >
    > Anyone else seen this?
    >
    > I partly worked around it by exporting into OOImpress v1 format, loading
    > OOImpress1 and then exporting into win2k/xp format. Worked, but ended up
    > with a messy layout that needed some manual cleanup.
    >
    > Any better workarounds?

    The folks at Open Office might be interested in your findings.

    Gordon, Nov 20, 2005