OpenOffice Document Filters

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz, Apr 27, 2006.

  1. Are there any utilities to transcribe OpenOffice .odt files to any of
    the flagship[ word processors ?

    lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz, Apr 27, 2006

  2. On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 15:56:07 +1200, lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz wrote:

    > Are there any utilities to transcribe OpenOffice .odt files to any of
    > the flagship[ word processors ?

    Open Office itself can save documents in the Micro$oft formats.

    I too would like to know if there is a filter for the Lotus file formats.

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Apr 27, 2006

  3. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    David Guest

    On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 17:08:09 +1200, Have A Nice Cup of Tea wrote:

    > On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 15:56:07 +1200, lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz wrote:
    >
    >> Are there any utilities to transcribe OpenOffice .odt files to any of
    >> the flagship[ word processors ?

    > Open Office itself can save documents in the Micro$oft formats.
    >
    > I too would like to know if there is a filter for the Lotus file formats.
    >

    > Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    KeyView for Lotus SmartSuite - free viewer from Lotus

    ftp://ftp.lotus.com/pub/lotusweb/product/smartsuite/Kvlotus.exe

    Viewer for SmartSuite files.

    I used an earlier(?) version (kvlot32.exe) but that does not seem to be
    available now. The one I used worked well (might have to copy & paste from
    the viewer - cannot recall, it was a while ago).

    David

    David, Apr 27, 2006
  4. On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 18:26:50 +1200, David wrote:

    >> Open Office itself can save documents in the Micro$oft formats.
    >>
    >> I too would like to know if there is a filter for the Lotus file formats.
    >>

    >> Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    > KeyView for Lotus SmartSuite - free viewer from Lotus
    >
    > ftp://ftp.lotus.com/pub/lotusweb/product/smartsuite/Kvlotus.exe
    >
    > Viewer for SmartSuite files.

    I've got SmartSuite for Windows. I want to be able to view those documents
    on Linux using Open Office. Your link appears to be to a binary for
    Windows.

    Thanks for the URL. I'll have a look at that server and see if they've got
    something that works on Linux.

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Apr 27, 2006