    When I click on a web address which has been included in a received email,
    it won't open up Internet Explorer automatically. Any ideas?

    Thanks

    Lenny, Feb 5, 2005

  2. Click Start - Run - then type regsvr32 urlmon.dll and hit enter.

    This has worked for me before.

    JB

    Jayne Beaumont, Feb 5, 2005

  3. Try the following:

    1- Close all programs that are running.
    2- Click Start, and then click Run.
    3- Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
    4- When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message,
    click OK.

    If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 4 for each of
    the following files (in step 3, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file
    names below):

    Shdocvw.dll
    Msjava.dll
    Actxprxy.dll
    Oleaut32.dll
    Mshtml.dll
    Browseui.dll
    Shell32.dll (Windows XP and Windows 2000 only)

    JB

    Jayne Beaumont, Feb 5, 2005
  4. Lenny

    °Mike° Guest

    It is usually polite to quote your source, ie:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

    On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 13:30:14 GMT, in
    <GT3Nd.8017$>
    Jayne Beaumont scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 5, 2005
  5. Well excuse me! That's the last time I try to be helpful!!

    JB

    Jayne Beaumont, Feb 5, 2005
  6. Lenny

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Relax, Jayne! It's often more than polite - it's informative. There are
    usually links to more information, warnings, etc. Your help is quite
    welcome - °Mike° was just pointing out a helpful tip. In fact, I'll often
    quote °Mike° or dadiOH or someone else's post from this newsgroup, and as a
    matter of courtesy I include the source.

    As an aside, I think some of MS's web pages are hard to understand - and
    providing a 'step by step' like you did is a welcome change of format ;o)

    Toolman Tim, Feb 5, 2005
  7. Lenny

    °Mike° Guest

    Why get your knickers in a twist? Why so defensive?
    I was merely trying to help you, before somebody
    came along and accused you of plagiarism.

    On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 15:04:29 GMT, in
    <1g5Nd.8098$>
    Jayne Beaumont scrawled:

    >Well excuse me! That's the last time I try to be helpful!!
    >
    >JB
    >

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> It is usually polite to quote your source, ie:
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 5, 2005
  8. Lenny

    Lenny Guest

    Jayne,

    Thanks a lot. Don't stop being helpful. Idiots like me need you!! :)

    Lenny

    Lenny, Feb 6, 2005
  9. Jayne Beaumont, <>, the ungainly,
    dim-sighted elephant, and ambergris cutter, orated:

    > Well excuse me!

    Why? Did you do a fanny fart?

    > That's the last time I try to be helpful!!

    "Trying to be helpful" is no excuse for plagiarism.

    PS: Do you suck cock? Do you swallow?

    Virginia Incrassata Elongatum, Feb 6, 2005