    Anyone know how to do that? I'm writing up a batch file to launch a
    couple of apps and a few folders incl. the MY COMPUTER one. I've
    searched and searched for info on the net but coming up blank. Tx.

    fitwell, Apr 15, 2005

  2. fitwell

    fitwell Guest

    On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 07:38:17 -0700, wrote:

    >On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 09:16:30 -0400, fitwell <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >|>Anyone know how to do that? I'm writing up a batch file to launch a
    >|>couple of apps and a few folders incl. the MY COMPUTER one. I've
    >|>searched and searched for info on the net but coming up blank. Tx.
    >
    >EXPLORER.EXE /e,::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}
    >
    >Works for me, from the command line.

    Thanks! It did for me on my Win98SE, too.

    fitwell, Apr 15, 2005

  3. fitwell

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 10:01:11 -0400, fitwell wrote:

    >On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 07:38:17 -0700, wrote:

    >>EXPLORER.EXE /e,::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}
    >>
    >>Works for me, from the command line.

    >Thanks! It did for me on my Win98SE, too.

    MS articles on the command line switch options.

    95/NT/98/Me

    2000 versions / NT Server
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q152457

    XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307856

    Me

    why?, Apr 15, 2005
  4. fitwell

    Guest

    --
    Hot for teacher
    http://www.dumbassdaily.com/#teacherpregnant

    , Apr 15, 2005
  5. fitwell

    fitwell Guest

    On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 14:30:14 GMT, why?

    >On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 10:01:11 -0400, fitwell wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 07:38:17 -0700, wrote:

    >>>EXPLORER.EXE /e,::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}
    >>>
    >>>Works for me, from the command line.

    >>Thanks! It did for me on my Win98SE, too.

    >MS articles on the command line switch options.
    >
    >95/NT/98/Me
    >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=130510
    >
    >2000 versions / NT Server
    >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q152457
    >
    >XP
    >http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307856

    Thanks, I could have used this 5 minutes ago <lol>. I like my windows
    to open up clean with no folder tree and maximized so went searching
    for switches just now. By removing the "/e" in the above line of
    coding so kindly given by Pennywise, I got exactly what I needed.

    The bat file looks like this (coding is wrapping, but ea. line of
    coding should of course be on one line):

    "start /max /wait
    C:\PROGRA~1\P2P\WINMXV~1.53\WINMX\MXMONI~1\MXMONIE.EXE
    start /max /wait C:\PROGRA~1\P2P\KAZAAL~1.3\KLRUN.EXE
    start /max /wait D:\DOWNLO~2
    start /max /wait EXPLORER.EXE
    ,::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}
    start /max /wait C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\!!!TEM~1"

    It works perfectly. I launch my 2 apps at beginning, then open up the
    3 folders I always need at the same time. I knew there was a wait
    command somewhere and, thank goodness, found that switch on the net
    quickly and easily. So the above seems to launch/open everything
    exactly the way I like it and in sequence (due to the start / wait).
    Tx much!

    fitwell, Apr 15, 2005
  6. fitwell

    Miles Ahead Guest

    On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 10:54:32 -0400, fitwell <>
    wrote:

    >So the above seems to launch/open everything
    >exactly the way I like it and in sequence (due to the start / wait).

    A freebie toy I like to use is SlickRun. It does aliases with up
    arrow command history, and command line completion. You
    can even make an alias that calls a bunch of other aliases.
    It sits on the desktop as a tiny command window. So the
    only time I need to open a regular command window is if
    I really have to see the console output. It's very cool.

    http://www.bayden.com/SlickRun/

    So for example, the alias I use to open My Computeris
    "drives" and defined as "explorer" with params "/select,C:"

    As soon as I start to type the alias it guesses the complete
    word and fills it in. So if the last folder I opened using SlickRun
    was "\temp" as soon as I type "\" it fills in the rest. Very nice.

    Miles Ahead, Apr 16, 2005
  7. fitwell

    fitwell Guest

    On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 00:11:48 -0400, Miles Ahead
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 10:54:32 -0400, fitwell <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>So the above seems to launch/open everything
    >>exactly the way I like it and in sequence (due to the start / wait).

    >A freebie toy I like to use is SlickRun. It does aliases with up
    >arrow command history, and command line completion. You
    >can even make an alias that calls a bunch of other aliases.
    >It sits on the desktop as a tiny command window. So the
    >only time I need to open a regular command window is if
    >I really have to see the console output. It's very cool.
    >
    >http://www.bayden.com/SlickRun/
    >
    >So for example, the alias I use to open My Computeris
    >"drives" and defined as "explorer" with params "/select,C:"
    >
    >As soon as I start to type the alias it guesses the complete
    >word and fills it in. So if the last folder I opened using SlickRun
    >was "\temp" as soon as I type "\" it fills in the rest. Very nice.

    Neat. Thanks for the tip!

    I'm using AutoIt right now. I was able to use the same commands for
    it for the "My Computer" file as for a DOS batch file and it
    recognized it, with the great additional benefits that I find AutoIt
    extremely easy to code for esp. in comparison to bat files! <lol>

    Thanks.

    fitwell, Apr 21, 2005
  8. fitwell

    Guest

    On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:04:25 -0400, fitwell <>
    wrote:

    |>On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 00:11:48 -0400, Miles Ahead
    |><> wrote:

    |>>A freebie toy I like to use is SlickRun. It does aliases with up
    |>>arrow command history, and command line completion. You
    |>>can even make an alias that calls a bunch of other aliases.
    |>>It sits on the desktop as a tiny command window. So the
    |>>only time I need to open a regular command window is if
    |>>I really have to see the console output. It's very cool.
    |>>
    |>>http://www.bayden.com/SlickRun/
    |>>
    |>>So for example, the alias I use to open My Computeris
    |>>"drives" and defined as "explorer" with params "/select,C:"
    |>>
    |>>As soon as I start to type the alias it guesses the complete
    |>>word and fills it in. So if the last folder I opened using SlickRun
    |>>was "\temp" as soon as I type "\" it fills in the rest. Very nice.

    |>Neat. Thanks for the tip!
    |>
    |>I'm using AutoIt right now. I was able to use the same commands for
    |>it for the "My Computer" file as for a DOS batch file and it
    |>recognized it, with the great additional benefits that I find AutoIt
    |>extremely easy to code for esp. in comparison to bat files! <lol>

    I use PowerPro, also free. It allows me one click access to do
    anything (anything).

    Your BAT file could be run with just a click, or it could be code'd in
    with the PowerPro commands again one click to run.

    It doesn't have to be a click either, I can move my mouse to the right
    side of the screen and have something happen.

    I'd be lost without it.

    http://powerpro.webeddie.com/

    --
    www.Penisland.org

    , Apr 21, 2005
  9. fitwell

    fitwell Guest

    On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:23:34 -0700, wrote:

    >On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:04:25 -0400, fitwell <>
    >wrote:

    [snip]

    >I use PowerPro, also free. It allows me one click access to do
    >anything (anything).

    Hmmm, PowerPro is good. I used it for about 5 years non-stop but
    moved away from it.

    >Your BAT file could be run with just a click, or it could be code'd in
    >with the PowerPro commands again one click to run.

    True, but now I must admit that I prefer having AutoIt command scripts
    accessible through a toolbar folder on my taskbar. In this way, I no
    longer need to have a program running. I did up a bunch of shortcuts
    grouped in folders and click on them as needed without having to have
    PP running.

    The problem with PP was a memory one. After a few hours, on launching
    PP just for a script or two, it would crash my system. But apparently
    that bug has been fixed as PP doesn't call from the config file in the
    same way anymore.

    Again, I used it for 5 years but now find I do too much at any given
    time to keep using it. I also will have to upgrade my system sometime
    soon <g>, but $$$ determine that and can't do that just yet.

    Thanks for the tip. PP is indeed a fabulous freeware.

    fitwell, Apr 22, 2005
  10. fitwell

    Guest

    On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:15:20 -0400, fitwell <>
    wrote:

    |>>I use PowerPro, also free. It allows me one click access to do
    |>>anything (anything).
    |>
    |>Hmmm, PowerPro is good. I used it for about 5 years non-stop but
    |>moved away from it.

    I forget how long I've used PP, but I paid for it if that's any clue.
    That's the second time I've paid for software that went Freeware.

    I'd play'd around with stiletto before that...

    |>>Your BAT file could be run with just a click, or it could be code'd in
    |>>with the PowerPro commands again one click to run.
    |>
    |>True, but now I must admit that I prefer having AutoIt command scripts
    |>accessible through a toolbar folder on my taskbar. In this way, I no
    |>longer need to have a program running. I did up a bunch of shortcuts
    |>grouped in folders and click on them as needed without having to have
    |>PP running.

    I look'd at AutoIt and thought na, PP works just fine for me; but if
    you've used PP and switch'd and like it, I guess I'm going have to
    give it a try. :)

    |>The problem with PP was a memory one. After a few hours, on launching
    |>PP just for a script or two, it would crash my system. But apparently
    |>that bug has been fixed as PP doesn't call from the config file in the
    |>same way anymore.

    I can't remember ever having memory problems with it, but then I don't
    run many scripts.

    |>Again, I used it for 5 years but now find I do too much at any given
    |>time to keep using it. I also will have to upgrade my system sometime
    |>soon <g>, but $$$ determine that and can't do that just yet.

    Good Luck...

    --
    Sixteen-year-old boy gets naked pictures of ex-girlfriend,
    posts them on Internet. Ex-girlfriend is fifteen.

    , Apr 22, 2005