Opening Statements Begin in Microsoft - Iowa Case

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Au79, Dec 2, 2006.

  1. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    Au79, Dec 2, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Au79 <>
    wrote in news:bF9ch.44535$:

    > Slashdot - USA
    >
    > ... cases against the software giant, the Iowa case is seeking additional
    > damages for security vulnerabilities.
    >
    > <http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/06/12/02/0252239.shtml>



    I think it's such bullshit that it's incredible! Everybody has a choice of
    which OS to use, which browser to use, which anything to use. There's an
    abiding precept in current law that goes back to the roots of Western
    Civilization: "Caveat Emptor." Especially when there are an abundance of
    choices available.

    If M$ did something maliciously, of course they should be liable...

    This is another example of why USA legal system is so pathetically corrupt,
    and win, lose or draw, consumers, *all* consumers, are going to pay the price
    for some scum-bag bottom-feeding-retrobate lawyers and crooked judges getting
    more filthy rich than they already are.

    We got Google these days: check and see how many end-users have ever
    benefited from any USA class-action lawsuit. If it's not nil, it's really
    close. The lawyers get their millions, the judges get their bribes; but, the
    consumer gets a $50 coupon for the next upgrade s/he buys.

    Whoopee dingbat! Where does anyone think that $50 comes from? A $100
    software goes to $175 to pay for the coupon and the costs of litigation.

    My position is "get phuuking real!" If Windows or IE bites your phreeking
    nose off, then you should surely sue someone... possibly God - for giving you
    a vulnerable nose?


    Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous holiday season.

    --

    "Well, art is art, isn't it?
    Still, on the other hand, water is water!
    And East-is-East and West-is-West...
    And if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce,
    they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does!
    Now, uhhh... Now *you* tell *me* what *you* know."
    -- Groucho Marx, Animal Crackers (1930)
    Bucky Breeder, Dec 2, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Au79

    Mr. Arnold6 Guest

    >
    >
    > Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous holiday season.
    >


    Look, it's in the middle of nowhere Iowa. They would have better luck
    with testimony if they can drag a potato and an ear corn into court to
    testify, otherwise, the courts in Iowa are just wasting money.
    Mr. Arnold6, Dec 2, 2006
    #3
  4. "Mr. Arnold6" <TheDog@It's-A-Dog'sWorld66.COM> wrote in news:L1ich.6458
    $:

    >>
    >>
    >> Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous holiday season.
    >>

    >
    > Look, it's in the middle of nowhere Iowa. They would have better luck
    > with testimony if they can drag a potato and an ear corn into court to
    > testify, otherwise, the courts in Iowa are just wasting money.
    >



    Yeah, but M$ is still having to lay bucks to defend it, and likely to
    appeal it.

    Our President GW was all hyped on letting doctors screw a poor soul's body
    up for a mere risk of $250,000, and that's real human pain and drama
    involved. M$, on the other hand, has to defend against all these
    "complaints" in all these disparate jurisdictions and basically not only
    cover the same territory as has been previously precedented; but, it seems
    they have to defend very basic precepts in Western Civilization's
    jurisprudence. So why not a Constitutional Amendment against lawsuits based
    on the cause of someone figured out a way to screw with it.

    That would be like me, or them, having a just cause for action against a
    fence company because someone jumped my "posted" fence to pet my horses.
    D'oh?? "Well your honor, there was a fence, it was posted, "no
    trespassing" but it didn't keep me out! Now I want to sue..."

    All I'm saying is that it's costing *us,* all the people of the Planet
    Earth, money everytime some nepotist legal system allows one of these
    actions to proceed, even it's only in Podunk, Iowa.

    BTW: It is widely held that "IOWA" is not even a state. It's an acronym!

    I-diots O-ut W-andering A-round (IOWA)

    At least now it would seem applicable to their legal system. (o:


    Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous holiday season.

    --

    "Well, art is art, isn't it?
    Still, on the other hand, water is water!
    And East-is-East and West-is-West...
    And if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce,
    they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does!
    Now, uhhh... Now *you* tell *me* what *you* know."
    -- Groucho Marx, Animal Crackers (1930)
    Bucky Breeder, Dec 2, 2006
    #4
  5. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    Bucky Breeder wrote:

    >
    > BTW: It is widely held that "IOWA" is not even a state. It's an acronym!
    >
    > I-diots O-ut W-andering A-round (IOWA)
    >
    > At least now it would seem applicable to their legal system. (o:


    Calling people names isn't a particular effective reflection of your
    character.

    >
    >
    > Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous holiday season.
    >


    MS is a lawsuit magnet, it has always been. At one point a few years ago
    there were 12 states suing them, then theres Europe, they seem to be in
    perpetual litigation with the MS Evil Empire. In the other side of the
    coin, MS is very much happy to drag anyone through the legal system:
    They've taken companies and individuals of all sizes to court over the most
    mundane causes, with pleasure at that.


    --
    ....................
    http://www.vanwensveen.nl/rants/microsoft/IhateMS.html
    http://rixstep.com/1/20040719,00.shtml
    http://free.thelinuxstore.ca/
    Au79, Dec 2, 2006
    #5
  6. Au79 <> wrote in news:ldkch.49885$:

    > Bucky Breeder wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> BTW: It is widely held that "IOWA" is not even a state. It's an
    >> acronym!
    >>
    >> I-diots O-ut W-andering A-round (IOWA)
    >>
    >> At least now it would seem applicable to their legal system. (o:

    >
    > Calling people names isn't a particular effective reflection of your
    > character.



    Hey... *if* the little helmet, elbow pads, and kneepads fit...


    >> Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous holiday season.
    >>

    >
    > MS is a lawsuit magnet, it has always been. At one point a few years ago
    > there were 12 states suing them, then theres Europe, they seem to be in
    > perpetual litigation with the MS Evil Empire. In the other side of the
    > coin, MS is very much happy to drag anyone through the legal system:
    > They've taken companies and individuals of all sizes to court over the
    > most mundane causes, with pleasure at that.



    Yeah. <sigh> The cost of being a free-world capitalist, I suppose.



    Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous holiday season.

    --

    "Well, art is art, isn't it?
    Still, on the other hand, water is water!
    And East-is-East and West-is-West...
    And if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce,
    they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does!
    Now, uhhh... Now *you* tell *me* what *you* know."
    -- Groucho Marx, Animal Crackers (1930)
    Bucky Breeder, Dec 2, 2006
    #6
  7. Au79

    Gordon Guest

    Bucky Breeder wrote:
    > Au79 <> wrote in news:ldkch.49885$:
    >
    >> Bucky Breeder wrote:
    >>
    >>> BTW: It is widely held that "IOWA" is not even a state. It's an
    >>> acronym!
    >>>
    >>> I-diots O-ut W-andering A-round (IOWA)


    that's not an acronym, that's a mnemonic....
    Gordon, Dec 2, 2006
    #7
  8. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    Bucky Breeder wrote:

    > Au79 <> wrote in news:ldkch.49885$:
    >
    >> Bucky Breeder wrote:
    >>
    >>>
    >>> BTW: It is widely held that "IOWA" is not even a state. It's an
    >>> acronym!
    >>>
    >>> I-diots O-ut W-andering A-round (IOWA)
    >>>
    >>> At least now it would seem applicable to their legal system. (o:

    >>
    >> Calling people names isn't a particular effective reflection of your
    >> character.

    >
    >
    > Hey... *if* the little helmet, elbow pads, and kneepads fit...
    >
    >
    >>> Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous holiday season.
    >>>

    >>
    >> MS is a lawsuit magnet, it has always been. At one point a few years ago
    >> there were 12 states suing them, then theres Europe, they seem to be in
    >> perpetual litigation with the MS Evil Empire. In the other side of the
    >> coin, MS is very much happy to drag anyone through the legal system:
    >> They've taken companies and individuals of all sizes to court over the
    >> most mundane causes, with pleasure at that.

    >
    >
    > Yeah. <sigh> The cost of being a free-world capitalist, I suppose.
    >
    >


    Then quit yer yellin' about them good ol' folk in IOWA.

    >
    > Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous holiday season.
    >


    --
    ....................
    http://www.vanwensveen.nl/rants/microsoft/IhateMS.html
    http://rixstep.com/1/20040719,00.shtml
    http://free.thelinuxstore.ca/
    Au79, Dec 2, 2006
    #8
  9. Au79 <> wrote in news:ZEkch.49925$:

    > Bucky Breeder wrote:
    >
    >> Au79 splatter-farted:
    >>
    >>> Bucky Breeder wrote:

    >>
    >> Yeah. <sigh> The cost of being a free-world capitalist, I suppose.
    >>
    >>

    >
    > Then quit yer yellin' about them good ol' folk in IOWA.



    Bite my ass you crankedly old penguin biatch!


    Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous holiday season.

    --

    "Well, art is art, isn't it?
    Still, on the other hand, water is water!
    And East-is-East and West-is-West...
    And if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce,
    they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does!
    Now, uhhh... Now *you* tell *me* what *you* know."
    -- Groucho Marx, Animal Crackers (1930)
    Bucky Breeder, Dec 2, 2006
    #9
  10. Au79

    B.B. Bawles Guest

    In Iowa, the state, and in Iowa City, we think *that* old acronym joke *is*
    *funny*! (But only when it's coming from another American.) The folks at
    Coralville Dam get a little un-nerved about it, but that is because there's
    also a large mental hospital nearby. However most of those patients
    immigrate from Wisconsin to get those cheese tumors exorcised from their
    heads.

    http://www.uiowa.edu/


    "Au79" <> wrote in message
    news:ZEkch.49925$...
    > Bucky Breeder wrote:
    >
    >> Au79 <> wrote in news:ldkch.49885$:
    >>
    >>> Bucky Breeder wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>
    >>>> BTW: It is widely held that "IOWA" is not even a state. It's an
    >>>> acronym!
    >>>>
    >>>> I-diots O-ut W-andering A-round (IOWA)
    >>>>
    >>>> At least now it would seem applicable to their legal system. (o:
    >>>
    >>> Calling people names isn't a particular effective reflection of your
    >>> character.

    >>
    >>
    >> Hey... *if* the little helmet, elbow pads, and kneepads fit...
    >>
    >>
    >>>> Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous holiday season.
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> MS is a lawsuit magnet, it has always been. At one point a few years ago
    >>> there were 12 states suing them, then theres Europe, they seem to be in
    >>> perpetual litigation with the MS Evil Empire. In the other side of the
    >>> coin, MS is very much happy to drag anyone through the legal system:
    >>> They've taken companies and individuals of all sizes to court over the
    >>> most mundane causes, with pleasure at that.

    >>
    >>
    >> Yeah. <sigh> The cost of being a free-world capitalist, I suppose.
    >>
    >>

    >
    > Then quit yer yellin' about them good ol' folk in IOWA.
    >
    B.B. Bawles, Dec 2, 2006
    #10
  11. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    Bucky Breeder wrote:

    > Au79 <> wrote in news:ZEkch.49925$:
    >
    >> Bucky Breeder wrote:
    >>
    >>> Au79 splatter-farted:
    >>>
    >>>> Bucky Breeder wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Yeah. <sigh> The cost of being a free-world capitalist, I suppose.
    >>>
    >>>

    >>
    >> Then quit yer yellin' about them good ol' folk in IOWA.

    >
    >
    > Bite my ass you crankedly old penguin biatch!
    >


    If only your ass hadn't seen so much use and abuse. But crack is expensive
    isn't it?

    >
    > Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous holiday season.
    >




    --
    ....................
    http://www.vanwensveen.nl/rants/microsoft/IhateMS.html
    http://rixstep.com/1/20040719,00.shtml
    http://free.thelinuxstore.ca/
    Au79, Dec 2, 2006
    #11
  12. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    B.B. Bawles wrote:

    > In Iowa, the state, and in Iowa City, we think *that* old acronym joke
    > *is* *funny*! (But only when it's coming from another American.) The folks
    > at Coralville Dam get a little un-nerved about it, but that is because
    > there's also a large mental hospital nearby. However most of those
    > patients immigrate from Wisconsin to get those cheese tumors exorcised
    > from their heads.
    >
    > http://www.uiowa.edu/
    >
    >


    Ahh, now everything so much clearer. Thanks for the info, I may open a
    vacation resort in Iowa, I hear the views are excellent.

    --
    ....................
    http://www.vanwensveen.nl/rants/microsoft/IhateMS.html
    http://rixstep.com/1/20040719,00.shtml
    http://free.thelinuxstore.ca/
    Au79, Dec 2, 2006
    #12
  13. Au79 wrote:

    > B.B. Bawles wrote:
    >
    >> In Iowa, the state, and in Iowa City, we think *that* old acronym joke
    >> *is* *funny*! (But only when it's coming from another American.) The
    >> folks at Coralville Dam get a little un-nerved about it, but that is
    >> because there's also a large mental hospital nearby. However most of
    >> those patients immigrate from Wisconsin to get those cheese tumors
    >> exorcised from their heads.
    >>
    >> http://www.uiowa.edu/
    >>
    >>

    >
    > Ahh, now everything so much clearer. Thanks for the info, I may open a
    > vacation resort in Iowa, I hear the views are excellent.
    >



    Shit, you need to run your retarded old ass up there
    and get that rusty old penguin "exorcised" from it!


    Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous holiday season.

    --

    "Well, art is art, isn't it?
    Still, on the other hand, water is water!
    And East-is-East and West-is-West...
    And if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce,
    they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does!
    Now, uhhh... Now *you* tell *me* what *you* know."
    -- Groucho Marx, Animal Crackers (1930)
    Bucky Breeder, Dec 2, 2006
    #13
  14. Au79 sp-sp-sp-splatter-farted:

    > Bucky Breeder wrote:
    >
    >> Au79 <> wrote in news:ZEkch.49925$:
    >>
    >>> Bucky Breeder wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Au79 splatter-farted:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Bucky Breeder wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>> Yeah. <sigh> The cost of being a free-world capitalist, I suppose.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> Then quit yer yellin' about them good ol' folk in IOWA.

    >>
    >>
    >> Bite my ass you crankedly old penguin biatch!
    >>

    >
    > If only your ass hadn't seen so much use and abuse. But crack is
    > expensive isn't it?
    >



    You are a retarded old penguin.


    Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous holiday season.

    --

    "Well, art is art, isn't it?
    Still, on the other hand, water is water!
    And East-is-East and West-is-West...
    And if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce,
    they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does!
    Now, uhhh... Now *you* tell *me* what *you* know."
    -- Groucho Marx, Animal Crackers (1930)
    Bucky Breeder, Dec 2, 2006
    #14
  15. Au79

    Mr. Arnold6 Guest

    Bucky Breeder wrote:
    > Au79 wrote:
    >
    >
    >>B.B. Bawles wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>In Iowa, the state, and in Iowa City, we think *that* old acronym joke
    >>>*is* *funny*! (But only when it's coming from another American.) The
    >>>folks at Coralville Dam get a little un-nerved about it, but that is
    >>>because there's also a large mental hospital nearby. However most of
    >>>those patients immigrate from Wisconsin to get those cheese tumors
    >>>exorcised from their heads.
    >>>
    >>>http://www.uiowa.edu/
    >>>
    >>>

    >>
    >>Ahh, now everything so much clearer. Thanks for the info, I may open a
    >>vacation resort in Iowa, I hear the views are excellent.
    >>

    >
    >
    >
    > Shit, you need to run your retarded old ass up there
    > and get that rusty old penguin "exorcised" from it!
    >
    >


    Yeah, it's lovely watching corn and potatoes grow, in ADM country, which
    again is in the middle of Nowhere USA.
    Mr. Arnold6, Dec 2, 2006
    #15
  16. Au79

    B.B. Bawles Guest

    More Iowa slogans:

    Iowa: We Do Amazing Things With Corn
    Iowa: Just east of Omaha
    Iowa: It's easy to spell


    Believe me, you would not be welcome here! We run all the belligerent
    assholes oop to Michigan, and tar-and-feather the nellie queers and fly them
    back to Kansas to be with their matriarch, Dorthy. Besides, what are you
    going to open a vacation resort around here with, what's left-over from your
    nut-check when you get finished buying your psycho-meds? Piss-off
    psycho-k00k! There's enough stupid lazy k00kfarts left around here to drive
    the taxpayers into a lynch-mob frenzy.

    On second thought, come on over. Make it on a Saturday night, and bring a
    banjo.


    "Au79" wrote:
    >
    > Ahh, now everything so much clearer. Thanks for the info, I may open a
    > vacation resort in Iowa, I hear the views are excellent.
    B.B. Bawles, Dec 3, 2006
    #16
  17. Au79

    moonface Guest

    You obviously are an uneducated moron, with no more than a 3rd grade education, right?
    Potatoes are grown in Idaho.....you fucking idiot....

    On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 16:42:19 GMT, "Mr. Arnold6" <TheDog@It's-A-Dog'sWorld66.COM> wrote:

    >>
    >>
    >> Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous holiday season.
    >>

    >
    >Look, it's in the middle of nowhere Iowa. They would have better luck
    >with testimony if they can drag a potato and an ear corn into court to
    >testify, otherwise, the courts in Iowa are just wasting money.



    moonface

    Unleash The Fury....
    moonface, Dec 3, 2006
    #17
  18. Au79

    Mr. Arnold6 Guest

    moonface wrote:
    > You obviously are an uneducated moron, with no more than a 3rd grade education, right?
    > Potatoes are grown in Idaho.....you fucking idiot


    I know what's in, Iowa, nothing but bunch of damn corn, soy beans and
    potatoes on the side. You must be from somewhere out of that damn farm
    country, with a name like moonface. Yes, fly you to the moon and let you
    kiss the sky, while you drink the *moonshine*, moonface.
    Mr. Arnold6, Dec 3, 2006
    #18
  19. Iowa jokes? Here is one about the Iowa women:

    A young blonde woman in Davenport, Iowa, was so depressed that she decided
    to end her life by throwing herself into the Mississippi River. She went
    down to the docks and was about to leap into the frigid water when a
    handsome young sailor saw her tottering on the edge of the dock, crying. He
    took pity on her and said, "Look, you have so much to live for. I'm off to
    Europe in the morning, and if you like, I can stow you away on my ship.
    I'll take good care of you and bring you food every day." Moving closer, he
    slipped his arm around her shoulders and added, I'll keep you happy, and
    you'll keep me happy." The girl nodded yes. After all, what did she have
    to lose? Perhaps a fresh start in Europe would give her life new meaning.
    That night, the sailor brought her aboard and hid her in a lifeboat. From
    then on, every night he brought her three sandwiches and a piece of fruit,
    and they made passionate love until dawn. Three weeks later, during a
    routine inspection, she was discovered by the captain. "What are you doing
    here?" the captain asked. I have an arrangement with one of the sailors,"
    she explained. " I get food and a trip to Europe, and he's screwing me."
    "He certainly is," the captain said. "This is the 'Isle of Capri Casino' --
    and we *never* leave the dock.


    "moonface" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > You obviously are an uneducated moron, with no more than a 3rd grade
    > education, right?
    > Potatoes are grown in Idaho.....you fucking idiot....
    >
    > On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 16:42:19 GMT, "Mr. Arnold6"
    > <TheDog@It's-A-Dog'sWorld66.COM> wrote:
    >
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous holiday season.
    >>>

    >>
    >>Look, it's in the middle of nowhere Iowa. They would have better luck
    >>with testimony if they can drag a potato and an ear corn into court to
    >>testify, otherwise, the courts in Iowa are just wasting money.

    >
    >
    > moonface
    >
    > Unleash The Fury....
    Bart Randolph, Dec 3, 2006
    #19
  20. Au79

    Mr. Arnold6 Guest

    Bart Randolph wrote:
    > Iowa jokes? Here is one about the Iowa women:
    >
    > A young blonde woman in Davenport, Iowa, was so depressed that she decided
    > to end her life by throwing herself into the Mississippi River. She went
    > down to the docks and was about to leap into the frigid water when a
    > handsome young sailor saw her tottering on the edge of the dock, crying. He
    > took pity on her and said, "Look, you have so much to live for. I'm off to
    > Europe in the morning, and if you like, I can stow you away on my ship.
    > I'll take good care of you and bring you food every day." Moving closer, he
    > slipped his arm around her shoulders and added, I'll keep you happy, and
    > you'll keep me happy." The girl nodded yes. After all, what did she have
    > to lose? Perhaps a fresh start in Europe would give her life new meaning.
    > That night, the sailor brought her aboard and hid her in a lifeboat. From
    > then on, every night he brought her three sandwiches and a piece of fruit,
    > and they made passionate love until dawn. Three weeks later, during a
    > routine inspection, she was discovered by the captain. "What are you doing
    > here?" the captain asked. I have an arrangement with one of the sailors,"
    > she explained. " I get food and a trip to Europe, and he's screwing me."
    > "He certainly is," the captain said. "This is the 'Isle of Capri Casino' --
    > and we *never* leave the dock.
    >
    >


    <VBG>
    Mr. Arnold6, Dec 3, 2006
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. John Caruso

    PIX ordering of static statements

    John Caruso, Dec 17, 2003, in forum: Cisco
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    5,245
    John Caruso
    Dec 17, 2003
  2. =?Utf-8?B?RGF3bg==?=
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    393
  3. Jay Furr

    Kelso Smacks Down Iowa

    Jay Furr, Dec 29, 2006, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    30
    Views:
    953
    Sue Kelso
    Dec 30, 2006
  4. Au79
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    423
    Death10
    Jan 9, 2007
  5. Au79
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    470
Loading...

Share This Page