    characters and cannot open the attachment/annex, but when the annex is a
    video, characters are in black and i can open it with windows media player.
    Who can help me. Thanks

    j. schaeffer, Sep 26, 2003

  2. j. schaeffer

    Patrick Guest

    j. schaeffer wrote:
    > Can anyone give me advise how to open messages with a paperclip.
    > When I click the paperclip I receive the respective file in grey
    > characters and cannot open the attachment/annex, but when the annex
    > is a video, characters are in black and i can open it with windows
    > media player. Who can help me. Thanks

    Goto to link below and scroll to bottom of page;

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-gb;winxpfaq

    or if above link dosen't work then use link below;

    http://tinyurl.com/osvp

    PS I presume the reason that your Video attachments are allowed is because
    they are not considered to be dangerous by XP (MS).

    Patrick, Sep 26, 2003