Opening pictures a problem in Firefox 0.91

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Ace Pope, Jul 3, 2004.

  1. Ace Pope

    Ace Pope Guest

    I just downloaded Firefox 0.91 and find it's doing the same annoying
    thing that the other Mozilla does--when i click on a link to view a
    picture, usually a JPG file, it asks me how to open the file, instead
    of just opening it automatically. I see there is a box you can click
    telling it to do this automatically with all files of this type. I
    click the box, but it STILL asks me how to open it every time! And I
    went to Tools-Options to set it to use Irfanview to open the file, and
    it STILL asks me how to open it every time!

    It's very annoying not only to have to take an extra step, but also
    because opening a picture opens a new blank Mozilla window every time,
    in addition to the IrfanView window that opens. THis gets very
    annoying when you are looking at a lot of pictures. You have to keep
    closing empty windows.

    Why can't it behave like IE does? I hate IE, but at least it just
    opens the damn picture every time, without a problem.

    Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any help.
    Ace Pope, Jul 3, 2004

  2. Ace Pope

    Hawkeye Guest

    I have no problem viewing images. Make sure you have
    Tools/Options/Web Features/Load Images checked.
    Hawkeye, Jul 6, 2004

  3. On 7/3/2004 2:45 AM, Ace Pope said:

    > Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any help.

    Perhaps Firefox has lost the mime type information needed to handle the
    jpg files? I've had jpg helper application info go missing before on the
    Moz suite for no apparent reason...

    I don't know if Firefox lets you add helper applications, though you can
    in the Moz suite...

    cheers,

    David H
    David Harrison, Jul 6, 2004
  4. Ace Pope

    Ace Pope Guest

    Thanks. Well the problem seems to have solved itself...first time I
    used it i had the problem, after that, not.
    Ace Pope, Jul 8, 2004