    Can i do this?

    I have installed all the extension tabbrowser preferences and tab
    clicking options but neither seam to offer this.
    Nick Westaway, Jan 5, 2005

  2. Nick Westaway

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Nick Westaway wrote:

    > I have a qustion on opening a new tab. I have previously used crazy
    > browser and have tried switching to FireFox but had to switch back for
    > this reason.
    >
    > When opening a new tab it opens at the far right of all the open tabs.
    > I want to have the new tab open beside my current tab.
    >
    > Can i do this?
    >
    > I have installed all the extension tabbrowser preferences and tab
    > clicking options but neither seam to offer this.

    Tabbrowser Extensions allows you this control and much more.

    http://white.sakura.ne.jp/~piro/xul/_tabextensions.html.en

    You should probably uninstall any current extensions related to tabbed
    browsing before installing this since there could be conflicts.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Jan 5, 2005

  3. Salut à toi *Ed Mullen*, tu nous disais ce mercredi 05/01/2005 dans
    <news:> vers 23:07:08 ce qui suit :

    > Nick Westaway wrote:
    >
    >> I have a qustion on opening a new tab. I have previously used crazy browser
    >> and have tried switching to FireFox but had to switch back for this reason.
    >>
    >> When opening a new tab it opens at the far right of all the open tabs. I
    >> want to have the new tab open beside my current tab.
    >>
    >> Can i do this?
    >>
    >> I have installed all the extension tabbrowser preferences and tab clicking
    >> options but neither seam to offer this.

    > Tabbrowser Extensions allows you this control and much more.
    >
    > http://white.sakura.ne.jp/~piro/xul/_tabextensions.html.en
    >
    > You should probably uninstall any current extensions related to tabbed
    > browsing before installing this since there could be conflicts.

    .... I do not think it's a good advice ... it's well known that this
    extension is bugged and will make FF not working well !

    --
    L'erreur est de croire qu'on est seul devant ses problèmes !
    Essayer Firefox - Thunderbird - MesNews ... et s'ils vous conviennent
    Michel Doucet, Jan 5, 2005
  4. Michel Doucet wrote:
    > Salut à toi *Ed Mullen*, tu nous disais ce mercredi 05/01/2005 dans
    > <news:> vers 23:07:08 ce qui suit :
    >
    >> Nick Westaway wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have a qustion on opening a new tab. I have previously used crazy
    >>> browser and have tried switching to FireFox but had to switch back
    >>> for this reason.
    >>>
    >>> When opening a new tab it opens at the far right of all the open
    >>> tabs. I want to have the new tab open beside my current tab.
    >>>
    >>> Can i do this?
    >>>
    >>> I have installed all the extension tabbrowser preferences and tab
    >>> clicking options but neither seam to offer this.

    >> Tabbrowser Extensions allows you this control and much more.
    >>
    >> http://white.sakura.ne.jp/~piro/xul/_tabextensions.html.en
    >>
    >> You should probably uninstall any current extensions related to tabbed
    >> browsing before installing this since there could be conflicts.

    > ... I do not think it's a good advice ... it's well known that this
    > extension is bugged and will make FF not working well !

    Yet I've been using this extension for years, and I wouldn't be without it.

    There have been a couple of points where new versions of FF have caused
    problem with TBE, but, for all its idiosyncrasies, I've not seen
    anything to equal its tab browsing functionality.

    It is a confusing extension, with so many options that it takes quite a
    while to master it, if anyone ever really does. However, used well, it
    makes FF a far more powerful application.

    Who exactly are these problems well known by? Can you cite some specifics?

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Jan 8, 2005
  5. Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Michel Doucet wrote:
    >
    >> Salut à toi *Ed Mullen*, tu nous disais ce mercredi 05/01/2005 dans
    >> <news:> vers 23:07:08 ce qui suit :

    >>> Tabbrowser Extensions allows you this control and much more.
    >>>
    >>> http://white.sakura.ne.jp/~piro/xul/_tabextensions.html.en
    >>>
    >>> You should probably uninstall any current extensions related to
    >>> tabbed browsing before installing this since there could be conflicts.

    >> ... I do not think it's a good advice ... it's well known that this
    >> extension is bugged and will make FF not working well !
    >>

    > Yet I've been using this extension for years, and I wouldn't be without it.
    >
    > There have been a couple of points where new versions of FF have caused
    > problem with TBE, but, for all its idiosyncrasies, I've not seen
    > anything to equal its tab browsing functionality.
    >
    > It is a confusing extension, with so many options that it takes quite a
    > while to master it, if anyone ever really does. However, used well, it
    > makes FF a far more powerful application.
    >
    > Who exactly are these problems well known by? Can you cite some specifics?
    >
    > Lee

    I agree with you Lee I wouldn't be wothout it.

    --
    So long and thanks for all the fish.
    graeme@invalid, Jan 8, 2005