    Will Click2Tab or Tab Mix Plus be of any value, and, are they
    incompaticle with Tabbrowser Extensions or each other?

    Thanks.
    GLC, Oct 29, 2005

  2. GLC wrote:
    > I'm having a terrible time getting new tabs to open in the background;
    > i.e., having the new tab opening in a new tab to the right but letting
    > me stay in original window.
    >
    > I'm using Firefox 1.0.6 with Tabbrowser Preferences 1.2.8.6 installed.
    > I've fiddled with the Tabbed Browsing options on foreground/background
    > but there is no change in actual behavior, either from an embedded
    > link or a typed-in URL or a click on a bookmark. At one time it
    > worked in a prior iteration of Firefox (and an earlier version of
    > Tabbrowser Preferences, I think), but now I'm stuck.
    >
    > I'm sure this is just a dumb mistake on my part and I'm missing
    > something very elementary, but I'd appreciate your humoring me and
    > helping me fix this problem.
    >
    > Will Click2Tab or Tab Mix Plus be of any value, and, are they
    > incompaticle with Tabbrowser Extensions or each other?
    >
    > Thanks.

    I find the setting very easy to configure with Tab Mix Plus, in its
    Options, on the General Tab, under Tab Focus. Just remember that
    multiple tab extensions can cause multiple problems. Its probably
    possible to configure this in TBP as well, but I don't use it so I can't
    advise you.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 29, 2005

  3. GLC

    gwtc Guest

    GLC wrote:
    > I'm having a terrible time getting new tabs to open in the background;
    > i.e., having the new tab opening in a new tab to the right but letting
    > me stay in original window.
    >
    > I'm using Firefox 1.0.6 with Tabbrowser Preferences 1.2.8.6 installed.
    > I've fiddled with the Tabbed Browsing options on foreground/background
    > but there is no change in actual behavior, either from an embedded
    > link or a typed-in URL or a click on a bookmark. At one time it
    > worked in a prior iteration of Firefox (and an earlier version of
    > Tabbrowser Preferences, I think), but now I'm stuck.
    >
    > I'm sure this is just a dumb mistake on my part and I'm missing
    > something very elementary, but I'd appreciate your humoring me and
    > helping me fix this problem.
    >
    > Will Click2Tab or Tab Mix Plus be of any value, and, are they
    > incompaticle with Tabbrowser Extensions or each other?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Most tab extensions are not compatible with each other. They will and
    can cause lots of problems. If you want to use another tab extension,
    then create a new profile and test it in that. If you like it in that
    profile, then you can transfer everything from the old one to the new
    one. I've been hearing good reviews with Tab Mix Plus.

    As for your problem, in the address bar, type in about:config then
    look for the entry of browser.tabs.loadInBackground and double click
    on it and set it to true.
    gwtc, Oct 29, 2005