    I can't seem to find it. And does this setting have to be set for
    each profile? I have DSL if that makes any difference.

    Tono
    Tono, Jan 18, 2004

  2. On 1/17/2004 10:47 PM, Tono wrote:

    > I haven't really figured out a pattern, but sometimes I open mozilla and
    > I have to click the little "plug" in the lower right corner to go
    > online, or I try to download mail or news and it asks me if I want to go
    > "online". Is there a setting for this so it always is online when open?
    > I can't seem to find it. And does this setting have to be set for each
    > profile? I have DSL if that makes any difference.

    IIRC: with QuickLaunch disabled, 1.5 always opened in /online/ mode
    regardless of its' online/offline status when it was last shut down.
    I've noticed what seems to be different behavior in 1.6 - I *think* it
    opens in whichever mode it was in when it was last shut down but I
    haven't paid enough attention to be sure. I see that you're using 1.7a
    so this might be what's happening to you.

    --
    CJ
    Caffeine Junkie, Jan 18, 2004

  3. On 1/17/2004 10:47 PM, Tono wrote:

    > I haven't really figured out a pattern, but sometimes I open mozilla and
    > I have to click the little "plug" in the lower right corner to go
    > online, or I try to download mail or news and it asks me if I want to go
    > "online". Is there a setting for this so it always is online when open?

    I might have an actual answer now! Mozilla 1.6 has a new setting in
    "Edit / Preferences / Offline & Disk Space". It gives you a choice of
    two behaviors when starting up: "Remember previous online state" or "Ask
    me for online state at startup". There is no setting to always start
    online. I suspect that 1.7a would be similar.

    --
    CJ
    Caffeine Junkie, Jan 18, 2004
  4. Tono

    Tono Guest

    Caffeine Junkie wrote:

    > On 1/17/2004 10:47 PM, Tono wrote:
    >
    >> I haven't really figured out a pattern, but sometimes I open mozilla
    >> and I have to click the little "plug" in the lower right corner to go
    >> online, or I try to download mail or news and it asks me if I want to
    >> go "online". Is there a setting for this so it always is online when
    >> open?

    > I might have an actual answer now! Mozilla 1.6 has a new setting in
    > "Edit / Preferences / Offline & Disk Space". It gives you a choice of
    > two behaviors when starting up: "Remember previous online state" or "Ask
    > me for online state at startup". There is no setting to always start
    > online. I suspect that 1.7a would be similar.

    Thanks for the replies. I've had it set to "Remember previous online
    state" all along, and I never make it go offline, except when closing
    mozilla. I do have quick launch enabled if that makes a difference.

    Tono
    Tono, Jan 18, 2004
  5. On 1/18/2004 2:26 PM, Tono wrote:
    > Thanks for the replies. I've had it set to "Remember previous online
    > state" all along, and I never make it go offline, except when closing
    > mozilla. I do have quick launch enabled if that makes a difference.

    It doesn't seem like Quick Launch should make any difference, but it
    wouldn't hurt to turn it off and experiment to see if that changes
    anything. Mozilla shouldn't be changing online/offline status without
    you telling it to, though. Another thing to think about - you're using
    an pre-release/alpha version and bugs are to be expected - could be
    you've found one. Have you checked Bugzilla?

    --
    CJ
    Caffeine Junkie, Jan 18, 2004