    Express I can get it to open in Firefox without cutting and pasting said
    link.

    Thanks
    David Jones, Aug 24, 2010

  2. David Jones

    Mike Easter Guest

    David Jones wrote:

    > Can soem kind person explain to me how if I click onto a link in Outlook
    > Express I can get it to open in Firefox without cutting and pasting said
    > link.

    When you click on a URL link in OE, it needs a browser to open that file
    type. The configuration for how to open an URL link is in the OS
    configuration, namely the default browser.

    We'll assume your OS is XP, and we'll further assume that your FF is 3+.

    You can get FF to check if it is the default browser with Tools/
    Options/ Advanced/ check now button.

    You can also do it with your OS's 'Set Program Access and Default'
    function in the CP.

    This is described in the moz kb
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Default_browser Default browser

    also in the mox kb
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Integrating_Firefox_and_Outlook_Express
    Integrating Firefox and Outlook Express

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Aug 24, 2010

  3. David Jones

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 19:50:06 +0100, David Jones wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > Can soem kind person explain to me how if I click onto a link in Outlook
    > Express I can get it to open in Firefox without cutting and pasting said
    > link.
    >

    > Thanks

    set firefox as your default browser.
    in firefox, tools menu>>advanced>>general tab. Check first block under
    "system defaults".
    richard, Aug 24, 2010