    I use Win98SE and IE6 with OE

    Is there a setting that would enable me to always open this link format when
    I encounter it?

    Bob H, Jan 25, 2004

  2. Bob H

    °Mike° Guest

    That's not a link, it's plain text. What are you trying
    to achieve? If the person sending you the link isn't
    sending (or you're not receiving -- or your client doesn't
    render) HTML, then you need to view the source, and
    copy/paste the web address into your browser.

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 12:36:46 -0500, in
    <>
    Bob H scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 25, 2004

  3. Bob H

    Bob H Guest

    You say it's not a link but it appears in blue link color and others can open
    it and I can't. I get those things periodically. When I click on it I get
    this message.

    The page cannot be displayed
    The page you are looking for might have been removed or had its name changed.

    ---

    Please try the following:

    Open the 4344:3132.F276806.21104221.636927318 home page, and then look for
    links to the information you want.

    If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is
    spelled correctly.

    If you still cannot open the page, click the Internet Explorer
    Search button to look for similar sites.

    Internet Explorer

    Bob H, Jan 25, 2004
  4. Bob H

    °Mike° Guest

    That (4344:3132.F276806.21104221.636927318) would explain
    why nothing happens when you click on it. That's just gibberish.
    A real link would look like:
    http://www.google.com

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder

    If those don't help, run HijackThis and post the
    contents of your log here.

    HijackThis
    http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:23:30 -0500, in
    <>
    Bob H scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 25, 2004
  5. Bob H

    Bob H Guest

    Mike I fully understand what a link is and what it looks like as a URL. But
    the fact of the matter is that it is received as a "clickable" item in
    E-Mail. I get many like that and if I'm not mistaken they come from aol
    users but I don't know that exclusively. Some of those, in that form, I can
    open but some I cannot. Now I also realize when I cut and pasted the "link"
    to this forum it did not come out as a clickable blue item but as received in
    E-Mail it does.

    Bob H, Jan 25, 2004
  6. Bob H

    Bob H Guest

    Mike
    Here is another one of the same type that I cannot open. Believe me it is
    "blue and clickable.

    Woma's Voice: "Buh-Bye"

    Bob H, Jan 25, 2004
  7. Bob H

    °Mike° Guest

    That is NOT a link! Jeez, I thought you said you knew
    what a link looks like. For something to be 'clickable',
    it has to have a properly formatted HTTP, FTP, or other
    protocol preceding it. The trouble that you are
    experiencing is probably due to AOHELL. I'm sorry,
    but I'm not familiar with how that pile of junk renders
    links -- I'm certain it's not the way Windows does.

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:45:36 -0500, in
    <>
    Bob H scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 25, 2004
  8. Bob H wrote:
    > Mike
    > Here is another one of the same type that I cannot open. Believe me it is
    > "blue and clickable.

    > Woma's Voice: "Buh-Bye"

    Once again: all you're doing is sending plain test. Just stop. Turn off the
    computer. Sell it. Watch television.

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 4892F
    Happily slrning again.

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 25, 2004
  9. Bob H

    Bob H Guest

    If I had an E-Mail address I would send you examples of what I am talking
    about. Mocking me does not solve my real problem. When I cut and paste one of
    those links to show an example they do not copy as clickable on this fomat.
    For gods sake give me a break. I know what I'm doing and will not get into a
    pissing contest over it. I will just look further for someone with some
    patience.

    Bob H, Jan 25, 2004
  10. Bob H

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 18:22:17 -0500, in
    <>
    Bob H scrawled:

    >If I had an E-Mail address I would send you examples of what I am talking
    >about.

    There's no need to.

    >Mocking me does not solve my real problem.

    No, only YOU explaining it properly will do that.

    >When I cut and paste one of those links to show an example
    > they do not copy as clickable on this fomat.

    Because you can't cut and paste a clickable link
    in plain text newsgroups! You HAVE TO use
    a URL -- it's the ONLY way of showing a clickable
    link.

    >For gods sake give me a break. I know what I'm doing

    No, you don't.

    > and will not get into a pissing contest over it. I will just look further
    >for someone with some patience.

    They will bloody well need it!

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 25, 2004
  11. Bob H

    Boomer Guest

    Bob H, <> wrote:

    > If I had an E-Mail address I would send you examples of what I
    > am talking about. Mocking me does not solve my real problem.
    > When I cut and paste one of those links to show an example they
    > do not copy as clickable on this fomat. For gods sake give me a
    > break. I know what I'm doing and will not get into a pissing
    > contest over it. I will just look further for someone with some
    > patience.

    Hi
    Could you please include some of the message you are responding to,
    in your reply?
    (Tools> Options> Send tab, tick the "Include message in Reply" box.)

    It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
    others
    have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.

    Further info:

    Thank You Very Much :)

    Boomer, Jan 25, 2004
  12. Bob H wrote:

    > If I had an E-Mail address I would send you examples of what I am talking
    > about. Mocking me does not solve my real problem. When I cut and paste one of

    Does posting plaintext, here, and claiming it's a link? Please think.

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 4892F
    Happily slrning again.

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 26, 2004
  13. Bob H

    Bob H Guest

    I posted the problem to another group and got a reasonable reply and answer.
    The guy understood exactly what I was talking about and another guy joined in
    with the same problem. Thanks for nothing!!

    Bob H, Jan 27, 2004
  14. Bob H

    °Mike° Guest

    You mean the one where Steve Cochran pointed you to
    http://www.oehelp.com/ielnk.aspx ?

    And where Frankie Deschacht has exactly the same
    problem, but nowhere does anybody indicate they
    have the slightest idea of what your are talking about?

    You are still talking rubbish -- a line of text saying:
    "Click here: Wanda's Country Home ~ Things You Should Know"
    is NOT a link; it is NOT a URL. Get it into your damned thick
    skull. Oh, and please do come back when you finally
    decide to explain yourself properly, and somebody actually
    give you a *solution*.

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:03:24 -0500, in
    <>
    Bob H scrawled: