    Thanks in advance for any help. Please reply to group.

    (I use Outlook Express for mail as it can automatically check my hotmail
    addresses.)
    The invisible man, Apr 27, 2005

  2. The invisible man

    Nick Thomas Guest

    The invisible man wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I have been going through the versions of Firefox and recently upgraded to
    > 1.0.3
    >
    > Unfortunately when I click on links in Outlook Express they no longer open
    > Firefox since I changed to 1.0.3 (which is in a different folder).
    >
    > Can't see any obvious way of sorting it out. Any ideas? Firefox is set to
    > open links from other applications in a new window.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help. Please reply to group.
    >
    > (I use Outlook Express for mail as it can automatically check my hotmail
    > addresses.)

    Sounds like you need to set the new version of Firefox as the default
    browser. Go the Tools menu, Options, General, and hit the Check Now
    button. Then hit Yes in the dialog box that appears.
    Nick Thomas, Apr 27, 2005

  3. "Nick Thomas" <> wrote in message
    > The invisible man wrote:
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I have been going through the versions of Firefox and recently upgraded
    >> to 1.0.3
    >>
    >> Unfortunately when I click on links in Outlook Express they no longer
    >> open Firefox since I changed to 1.0.3 (which is in a different folder).
    >>
    >> Can't see any obvious way of sorting it out. Any ideas? Firefox is set to
    >> open links from other applications in a new window.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for any help. Please reply to group.
    >>
    >> (I use Outlook Express for mail as it can automatically check my hotmail
    >> addresses.)

    > Sounds like you need to set the new version of Firefox as the default
    > browser. Go the Tools menu, Options, General, and hit the Check Now
    > button. Then hit Yes in the dialog box that appears.

    Thanks Nick. All now working.

    Unfortunately in the meantime Firefox started to refuse to open, I
    reinstalled with more problems, used Norton's (who I normally hate) Go Back
    to take my PC back a few hours, did what you suggested (and I should have
    worked out for myself) and now I'm happy again.
    The invisible man, Apr 27, 2005