    them and where to find it.

    TIA,

    Dan C

    Dan C, Feb 15, 2008

  2. Dan C wrote:
    > Since I upgraded to TB 2, I am not able to open jpgs.
    >
    > Please tell me what the program to associate with to open
    > them and where to find it.
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > Dan C

    what are you trying to do? View jpgs within TB, or View them
    using another program?

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Feb 15, 2008

  3. Dan C

    Dan C Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Dan C wrote:
    >> Since I upgraded to TB 2, I am not able to open jpgs.
    >>
    >> Please tell me what the program to associate with to open them and
    >> where to find it.
    >>
    >> TIA,
    >>
    >> Dan C

    > what are you trying to do? View jpgs within TB, or View them using
    > another program?

    Sorry Peter, I met to convey that I want to view them
    within TB.

    Dan C

    Dan C, Feb 15, 2008
  4. Dan C wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Dan C wrote:
    >>> Since I upgraded to TB 2, I am not able to open jpgs.
    >>>
    >>> Please tell me what the program to associate with to open them and
    >>> where to find it.
    >>>
    >>> TIA,
    >>>
    >>> Dan C

    >> what are you trying to do? View jpgs within TB, or View them using
    >> another program?
    >>

    > Sorry Peter, I met to convey that I want to view them
    > within TB.
    >
    > Dan C

    OK, try this: click on Tools, Options, attachments, and View
    & Edit Actions button, look for any entries for jpg or jpeg
    and delete them. Now try again.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Feb 15, 2008
  5. Dan C

    Dan C Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Dan C wrote:
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >>> what are you trying to do? View jpgs within TB, or View them using
    >>> another program?
    >>>

    >> Sorry Peter, I met to convey that I want to view them within TB.
    >>
    >> Dan C

    > OK, try this: click on Tools, Options, attachments, and View & Edit
    > Actions button, look for any entries for jpg or jpeg and delete them.
    > Now try again.

    No. Clicking on a jpg brings up a TB window asking What
    should TB do with this file? open with
    JPG-auto_file(default) and saying ok to that brings up a
    Windows XP window error message "Windows cannot open this
    file... and stating Windows needs to know what program
    created it, etc...

    Gifs do open and that association in Tools, Options,
    attachments, and View & Edit shows
    "Open with windows picture and fax viewer"

    It seems that that should be what to use, but I cannot see
    how to change it other than through the browse path. My
    problem with that is I do not know what the name of that
    application is or where Microsoft in their infinite wisdom
    tucked it away.

    Dan

    Dan C, Feb 16, 2008
  6. Dan C wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Dan C wrote:

    >>> Sorry Peter, I met to convey that I want to view them within TB.
    >>>
    >>> Dan C

    >> OK, try this: click on Tools, Options, attachments, and View & Edit
    >> Actions button, look for any entries for jpg or jpeg and delete them.
    >> Now try again.
    >>

    > No. Clicking on a jpg brings up a TB window asking What
    > should TB do with this file? open with
    > JPG-auto_file(default) and saying ok to that brings up a
    > Windows XP window error message "Windows cannot open this
    > file... and stating Windows needs to know what program
    > created it, etc...
    >
    > Gifs do open and that association in Tools, Options,
    > attachments, and View & Edit shows
    > "Open with windows picture and fax viewer"
    >
    > It seems that that should be what to use, but I cannot see
    > how to change it other than through the browse path. My
    > problem with that is I do not know what the name of that
    > application is or where Microsoft in their infinite wisdom
    > tucked it away.
    >
    > Dan

    do you not have a program that opens jpgs? If not, then try:
    http://www.irfanview.net/

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Feb 16, 2008